collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bubba Watson  (Read 3912 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Bubba Watson
« on: April 10, 2013, 12:54:07 AM »
I love golf. It is the finest pastime. My gram was from Edinburgh and I have played links courses with cousins in Scotland. Golf matches perfectly with single malt, cohibas, and manly camaraderie. It is the most difficult and maddening sport to master and yet we keep trying despite obvious shortcomings in every facet of our game.

Golf is a game of consistency and the pros get paid because they are predictable. But no golfer is more predictable than Bubba Watson. He cries like a woman at everything, no matter how mundane or trivial. Someone needs to tell him to grow up and start behaving like a man.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:47:36 PM by keefe »

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Bubba Watson
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:37:41 AM »
I've been blessed over my career to attend some awesome sporting events...World Series, Stanley Cups, Final Fours, Super Bowls, All Star games for all leagues, BCS championships, etc.  The Masters is one on my bucket list.  My boss got on a plane for Augusta this morning....it's one I haven't been able to pull off yet because golf isn't my part of the business here.  Grrr.  Some day. 

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »
Keefe I am so proud.  You found the Superbar.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 12:17:08 PM »
What did Bubba do?

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:20:20 PM »
What did Bubba do?

He was asked about what he did with his Masters green jacket at a press conference yesterday.  He cried during his entire answer, saying that he wrapped his child in the jacket and that was it.

Bubba is a nice change of pace in the golf world, especially as most golf interviews are boring.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 12:21:31 PM »
Leave him alone.  He's just a sensitive guy.

A sensitive guy that can drive a golf ball over 300 yards  - left-handed.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 12:27:49 PM »
Leave him alone.  He's just a sensitive guy.

A sensitive guy that can drive a golf ball over 300 yards  - left-handed.

Well over 300. 
Bubba is a nice change of pace in the golf world, especially as most golf interviews are boring.

+1

I believe the interview he gave regarding France a couple years back was very "not boring".
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

copious1218

• All American

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 12:30:13 PM »

Well over 300. 
+1

I believe the interview he gave regarding France a couple years back was very "not boring".

315-320 average drive, but since he doesn't smoke cigars or act like a pretentious prick, he's not manly enough.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 12:33:30 PM »
315-320 average drive, but since he doesn't smoke cigars or act like a pretentious prick, he's not manly enough.

Where's John Daley when you need him?  Now that's a man's man right there.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 12:37:26 PM »
Where's John Daley when you need him?  Now that's a man's man right there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Francis_Daley

I would guess he is on a film set somewhere.   ;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 12:47:45 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Francis_Daley

I would guess he is on a film set somewhere.   ;)

Sorry - *Daly*

Mmmmmm...dreamy.
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 12:48:59 PM »
A real man like The Duke would never cry.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 12:58:28 PM »
A real man like The Duke would never cry.

No, guys like him just go to a bar, get hammered, and smash in the face of the first guy that looks at him funny.  Very healthy way to deal with one's feelings.  But manly all the same.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 03:20:59 PM »
Chico's

I have been to many major sporting events in my life as well and attended practice round at Augusta yesterday. It ranks extremely high in my lifetime experiences and hope to do it again. Attended my 25y son who won tickets in raffle and was really, really a thrill.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 03:23:51 PM »
nm

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »
If the thought of winning the Masters and wrapping your newly adopted infant son or daughter in the bespoke green jacket you just won doesn't stir some pretty powerful emotions, you don't understand the significance of winning the green jacket.

Cut the guy a little slack.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 04:06:04 PM »
If the thought of winning the Masters and wrapping your newly adopted infant son or daughter in the bespoke green jacket you just won doesn't stir some pretty powerful emotions, you don't understand the significance of winning the green jacket.

Or having your first child.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
Or having your first child.

Very true. I left that out since I assumed keefe has gone through having kids.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »
Very true. I left that out since I assumed keefe has gone through having kids.

I missed the birth of both sons as the Air Force had me half way around the world each time. When son #1 was born I remember getting back home to that cold house in Japan and picking him up for the first time. I was wearing my Nomex flight jacket and a smelly flight suit I had been wearing for 36 hours since leaving Diego Garcia. My Marquette educated wife began yelling at me to put him down and wash up. I burst into tears immediately...

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 09:52:19 PM »

At least he lives an interesting life. Some people are content to simply exist, passing the years in quiet desperation. Something you grapple with every day.

One man's adventure is another man's pretention.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »

All he did in that interview was prove himself to be a Stupid American. I mean c'mon. Not knowing how to pronounce Louvre or Eiffel?? Bubba made an ass of himself.

Now Ronald Reagan, there was a man who insulted France and was damn proud about it. After France refused overflight rights to USAF F-111's flying from the UK to bomb targets in Libya Regan commented on France's "proud military tradition." When Sam Donaldson called him on it Reagan responded with a couple jokes:

Q: Why is the Champs Elysees tree-lined?

A: So the German Army can march in the shade.

Q: What's on a French Army Knife?

A: A corkscrew and a white flag.

Q: Why did France stop fireworks displays on Bastille Day?

A: The French Army surrendered to a group of German tourists.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »
I've been blessed over my career to attend some awesome sporting events...World Series, Stanley Cups, Final Fours, Super Bowls, All Star games for all leagues, BCS championships, etc.  The Masters is one on my bucket list.  My boss got on a plane for Augusta this morning....it's one I haven't been able to pull off yet because golf isn't my part of the business here.  Grrr.  Some day. 

I would love to watch The Masters in person. Better yet, I would love to play Augusta. What a magnificent patch of dirt.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
Chico's

I have been to many major sporting events in my life as well and attended practice round at Augusta yesterday. It ranks extremely high in my lifetime experiences and hope to do it again. Attended my 25y son who won tickets in raffle and was really, really a thrill.

Lucky man, Goose. That's Hallowed Ground. Have a wee dram of Oban for me.

I played the Old Course but I think Augusta would be the better experience. I don't think I'll get that chance which is a damn shame.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 12:07:50 AM »
Chico's

That's awesome.  My boss called me tonight as he was scrambling because he forgot a golf shirt for tomorrow.  He was at the store looking for one.  I suggested Martha Burke is my gal or  Hootie Johnson for President....he didn't appreciate either suggestion. 

feedback