* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Car seats at Bradley Center  (Read 4198 times)

MUClassof2039

• Walk-On
Car seats at Bradley Center
« on: December 18, 2017, 01:01:36 PM »
Does anyone know if you can carry a car seat into the Bradley Center? Been taking my 4 month old to the games and using a baby carrier but wanted to know with it getting colder out if car seats could be brought in.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Car seats at Bradley Center
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »
Jaybee just leaves his Spawn in the car.  BC, strip club,  #nomatta.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MUClassof2039

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
After checking online, the website has no mention of carseats so I called. If anyone is interested you can bring car seats in, but they have to be checked at the coat check

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »
You could probably request handicapped areas.  They are usually available and could accommodate the carrier.  I'd make sure you call the Marquette ticket office vs the BC.  MU would probably be more sympathetic to the cause. 

Most of the times airlines consider it to be a medical device, like a wheelchair or walker, and allow you to check for free - which might considered similar by the BC/MU.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:14:34 AM by T-Bone »
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 09:22:49 AM »
When I took my daughter (August birthday) to games as an infant, I always used the Baby Bjorn and wore a ski jacket big enough to fit over her - leaving just her head sticking out.

If you're not opposed to the daddy kangaroo look, it sure beats lugging a car seat around.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »
Do everyone a favor. Get a sitter. 

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 12:03:37 PM »

Serious? Man, you are losing it.

There's a delightful 3-4 month old that has been to every game and is a complete angel. Smiles at everyone and has a good time. But I assume they should just pony up $50 a game and get a sitter right?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 12:10:06 PM »

I can't believe your babysitter lets you use the internet.  They'd do us a favor by restricting your screen time. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 12:13:44 PM »

There's a delightful 3-4 month old that has been to every game and is a complete angel. Smiles at everyone and has a good time. But I assume they should just pony up $50 a game and get a sitter right?

Yes they should.  Or don't go at all. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 12:24:48 PM »

Why?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 12:32:13 PM »

Movie? Play? Golf tournament? Restaurant with tablecloths? I'm with you.
But a sporting event with literally thousands of loud people around you? What do you care?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 12:35:49 PM »
To be honest, I don't really care what other people do.  I just could never envision myself taking a child under the age of 2 to a sporting event.  Not worth the hassle. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »
I believe a car seat has more leg room than a BC seat. Most car seats also have a drink holder.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 01:09:41 PM »
To be honest, I don't really care what other people do.  I just could never envision myself taking a child under the age of 2 to a sporting event.  Not worth the hassle.

Goalposts, moved

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 01:26:33 PM »
Goalposts, moved

You guys should realize that I say a lot of things I'm not really all that serious about on here. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 01:34:13 PM »

This. I've brought my infant son to plenty of Brewers and Bucks games. Bust out the ear protectors and the kid is happy as a clam. And people who think they get to dictate what I do with my kid can shove off. Especially at a sporting event, where you should have no expectation of silence. Even then, if our kid's crying and we're doing everything we can, no one feels worse than the parents; why be that guy and pile on?

And I've said this before, but who gives a crap if he won't remember a thing? I sure as hell will! And establishing those traditions means something to the parents. Do people not celebrate holidays or birthdays when their kids are 1 or 2 because they probably won't remember? (Disclaimer, we are doing a Brewers tailgate for his 1 year, so I'm fully subscribing to the theory that these should be fun for the parents at this stage)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 01:41:57 PM »
This. I've brought my infant son to plenty of Brewers and Bucks games. Bust out the ear protectors and the kid is happy as a clam. And people who think they get to dictate what I do with my kid can shove off. Especially at a sporting event, where you should have no expectation of silence. Even then, if our kid's crying and we're doing everything we can, no one feels worse than the parents; why be that guy and pile on?

And I've said this before, but who gives a crap if he won't remember a thing? I sure as hell will! And establishing those traditions means something to the parents. Do people not celebrate holidays or birthdays when their kids are 1 or 2 because they probably won't remember? (Disclaimer, we are doing a Brewers tailgate for his 1 year, so I'm fully subscribing to the theory that these should be fun for the parents at this stage)

1 is a good age to introduce brats and beer to a toddler's diet.  Well done.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2017, 01:54:47 PM »
1 is a good age to introduce brats and beer to a toddler's diet.  Well done.

Marquette introduced the “High Life Pony Kids’ Club Corner” this year for alums to be.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 03:05:51 PM »
We brought our infant to a dozen games/year .. although we'd get a sitter for the important games like Louisville, UConn, etc. 

Typically, he'd be awake for the 1st half, fall asleep for the 2nd. 

By the time he was 2-3, we'd get a sitter for 90% of the games.    Too much hassle.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 08:12:35 PM »

You guys should realize that I say a lot of things I'm not really all that serious about on here.

Hoo new Meshuggeneh, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 10:15:50 PM »

So...  you’re saying leave the kids home without a babysitter or leave the babysitter home while you take the kids to the game?

What’s with all the hate on children?  Spend too much time in the Jacuzzi during college?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »
I bring children under 7 to the blowouts (or what should be...) and 8-10 for some conference game. Ya gotta be at least 16 to go to the big games doe.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 08:33:44 AM »
So...  you’re saying leave the kids home without a babysitter or leave the babysitter home while you take the kids to the game?

What’s with all the hate on children?  Spend too much time in the Jacuzzi during college?

I never took my kids to sporting events until they were at least four years old.  It was better that way.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2017, 09:03:09 AM »
Gotta take em while they are under 2...usually free! The hell if im paying for a ticket for a 4 year old to care about popcorn!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2017, 10:40:42 AM »

I never took my kids to sporting events until they were at least four years old.  It was better that way.

If you never took them before they were four, how would you know if it was better that way?

I've taken my kids as infants, toddlers and on up. Infants are far easier than four years olds. They don't get bored and ask to leave early. Don't want to get up and walk around every 10 minutes. Don't demand trips to the gift shop. Don't ask for every food item in the building. Etc., etc.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 10:47:47 AM »
If you never took them before they were four, how would you know if it was better that way?

Because I don't want to spend time with them at a sporting event when they are younger than that.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »

Because I don't want to spend time with them at a sporting event when they are younger than that.

Yet a 4 year old is the ideal conversation maker to discuss the finer points of the Swing offense, Dom Capers 3-4 D or the great Lebron vs Kobe debate.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 12:13:56 PM »
Yet a 4 year old is the ideal conversation maker to discuss the finer points of the Swing offense, Dom Capers 3-4 D or the great Lebron vs Kobe debate.

Today's 4 year olds are very advanced. They can tell you how to adequately defend the triangle offense and what you have to do to beat Dom Capers defense (show up, have pulse)

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 01:50:56 PM »

Stavros Georgiou, is that you?

feedback