'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU & Converse  (Read 11163 times)

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
MU & Converse
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:11:46 AM »
Had not seen this press release posted

In addition to Converse’s presence in the NBA and retail stores, this upcoming college basketball season, Converse will be the shoe and athletic apparel outfitter of Marquette University men’s basketball team, who were led to the 2003 NCAA Final Four by Dwyane Wade. For the next six seasons, Converse will outfit the Golden Eagles with game, practice and off-court apparel including jerseys, performance shorts, warm-ups, sweat suits, shooting shirts and t-shirts that feature both the Converse star and WADE logos. Marquette players will have a choice of four Converse basketball shoes including the Converse 099 shoe, the WADE TFC Team shoe, the WADE 1.3 Team shoe and the WADE 3 shoe.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071113005676&newsLang=en

The Lens

• All American
Re: MU & Converse
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:41 AM »
Anybody know where you can find the zipper sweatshrt / jacket Wade was wearing for Midnight Madness?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:22:47 AM »
Converse 099 shoe

WADE TFC Team

WADE 1.3

WADE 3

Those are seriously FUGLY shoes. 6 years?!? They'd better get some hip design or else we won't be getting the top recruits - because of the fugly shoes! ;)
SS Marquette

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »
i understand the sarcasm, but personally, i don't think a recruit is going to ever look at the design of the shoes.  i think if anything, they will be very impressed with the involvement of wade to the program. 

also, i am guessing most have never worn a pair of wades for basketball???  they are a very serious basketball shoe and i think one of the best out there.  i tried them out and thought that they had the best support and were the lightest I've played in.  plus, a couple of those shoes are sweet looking with the right color combo.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:58:19 AM »
Have you looked at basketball shoes today? Those are right in line with the overpriced, gaudy, and flashy that are selling from Nike, Adidas, and Reebok.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 10:02:47 AM »
The male cheerleaders and Golden Eagle wear Wade 2.0.  It is a very nice looking shoe.

It has a great feel as well.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 10:10:43 AM »
The male cheerleaders and Golden Eagle wear Wade 2.0.  It is a very nice looking shoe.

It has a great feel as well.

Despite the fact that the embodiment of evil (no offense to you, personally) wears that shoe, it is nice looking.

Does anybody know where to find these shoes? I looked on the Converse site and couldn't locate them. Foot Locker?

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:18:17 AM »
Cool...but 'ey, y'all notice Syracuse's shorts?  They have pretty much the same alternating colored square thing going on that we do...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 10:39:15 AM »
Cool...but 'ey, y'all notice Syracuse's shorts?  They have pretty much the same alternating colored square thing going on that we do...

I noticed that last night during the game too.  Sadly I think they had theirs first.  Well that is unless you count the jersey we are throwing back then we did!

Does anybody know where to find these shoes? I looked on the Converse site and couldn't locate them. Foot Locker?

Its always tough finding the blue and gold Wade's.  I found the 2.0 OX's on shoes.com below.

http://www.shoes.com/product.asp?p=5046705&variant_id=EC1056238
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 10:41:58 AM by TallTitan34 »

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 11:12:21 AM »
MU Please go back to Nike!

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 11:24:19 AM »
While I do like the Converse stuff I do miss the Nike Elite gear.  I want both!

bheitz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 11:56:35 AM »

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 07:22:52 PM »
Actually if you look at any of the pictures from their games none of the Mu players are wearing any of those styles ecxept for 1.  they were a number of different styles.  My son has one of the styles and it is unavailable on line.  we found them at Dick's they came out about 3 weeks ago, Domnic is wearing last years model

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 09:26:49 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WS204E

$45 on amazon for the 1.3's in MU colors with the FF03 thing on the sides in a small triangle.  much cooler in person than the pictures on the internet.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 09:38:19 PM »
IMHO, the 1.3s are the most comfortable followed by the the 1.0s (pictured below).

SS Marquette

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 07:46:46 AM »

Try Eastbay.

http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdetail/module--unknown/action--view/cm--54507/supercat--shoes/model_nbr--81636/sku--1000756/id--54507/mvp--brand/sport--all/

Zappos.com is the best site to get shoes from. Free shipping and free return shipping if they do not fit.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/26499049/c/2125.html#reviews
But I like to throw handfuls...

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 08:38:31 AM »
IMHO, the 1.3s are the most comfortable followed by the the 1.0s (pictured below).

I'm looking to get some new BBall shoes to replace my Team Mac 2s.  They were comfortable straight from the box...didn't need to break them in or anything.  I also have flat feet (yeah...zero arches).  Think the 1.3s would a good replacement?

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 08:51:21 AM »

I'm looking to get some new BBall shoes to replace my Team Mac 2s.  They were comfortable straight from the box...didn't need to break them in or anything.  I also have flat feet (yeah...zero arches).  Think the 1.3s would a good replacement?

Probably not. I like Nikes because of the arch support. The Wades are fun shoes to play in, but if you're serious about balling then go with some Nikes with the added arch support.

However, you could buy inserts...which I usually do anyways with all my shoes.
SS Marquette

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »
12 year old thread, but I don't care.

These would be perfect for MU's next shoes.  Even has an "M".

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 10:03:50 PM »

*arby's joke*

🏀

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »
*arby's joke*

I prefer a beefier, more floppier shoe

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »
I love seeing who was posting in 07

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 07:05:50 AM »
Yeah, Sultan and Ners have changed their Scoop names countless times since this thread’s origin.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2019, 08:25:13 AM »

I can’t believe you didn’t reference the still-fresh-after-12-years (just like their fries) thread directly above regarding its specific mention of “Arch support.” Or am I a doofus and it was understood?

This is some serious GoldenArch support. Sign me up.

Just had some sweet McCafe blueberry muffins for breakfast. The maple oatmeal with cran-raisins is pretty good too.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2019, 08:26:18 AM »
nm
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback