[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's Your Major?  (Read 7773 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: What's Your Major?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »
Marquette just added an "Agriucultural Journalism" major. 

Great....now we just need to add a hockey and football team, graduate 50% of our players, get ourselves put on probation 7 or 8 times and we'll have the whole state loving us.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 06:51:15 PM »
I don't represent the university, nor am I an official university publication.  So it's a big difference Bee Jay, I'd expect you to understand that.

But JDD!... like you ax'd, "why provide ammunition"?  Do you feel that you're so insignificant that your musings are never read or considered by anyone?  
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 07:13:46 PM »
Great....now we just need to add a hockey and football team, graduate 50% of our players, get ourselves put on probation 7 or 8 times and we'll have the whole state loving us.

Should I have added that in teal originally?  ;D

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 08:07:57 PM »
Then that means the bigots and uninformed remain status quo.  I'd rather lead them to water and educate them on the truth of the matter instead of them continuing to think information is correct, when it clearly wasn't.

I've always viewed you as that calm, dispassionate educator leading the unwashed to the water. No opinion, no hyperbole, nary a misrepresentation. Only the gentle, caring hand of the teacher... :)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 10:11:32 PM »
I've always viewed you as that calm, dispassionate educator leading the unwashed to the water. No opinion, no hyperbole, nary a misrepresentation. Only the gentle, caring hand of the teacher... :)

We get the sarcasm, but I'm guessing because you used it you know I'm right.  Why on earth let these people, especially ones in the media, continue with an impression that is incorrect?  Makes no sense.  In the year 2011, your website is your path to your audience.  You can't wait to get things updated in the Media Guide which is basically a relic these days.  Yes, I still have each one but they come out late, they are not nearly as complete as they used to be.

Speaking of which, Madison has an online interactive media guide with video.  Pretty slick.  We should look into it.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/a0b0f8b8#/a0b0f8b8/1

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 09:33:05 AM »
I understand uw-madison finds it much easier to superimpose non-traditional students in pictures of their "fan  base" with this new technology. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 10:28:01 AM »
We get the sarcasm, but I'm guessing because you used it you know I'm right.  Why on earth let these people, especially ones in the media, continue with an impression that is incorrect?  Makes no sense.  In the year 2011, your website is your path to your audience.  You can't wait to get things updated in the Media Guide which is basically a relic these days.  Yes, I still have each one but they come out late, they are not nearly as complete as they used to be.

As I have mentioned before, working in higher education public relations, it is frankly embarassing that MU can't keep their web-site updated on something as important to the university as its men's basketball program.  I mean, do they still have the law school located in Sensenbrenner Hall?

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 10:48:47 AM »
I agree that they should have updated the info on the website sooner, though I think it should've been done for the sake of Marquette fans and not anyone else's.  Guys like Oates and BB Fran and whoever else are going to nitpick about something silly no matter what you do, as evidenced by the "Jump Around" story.  And "What's Your Major?" based upon outdated website info may be one of the most innocuous things ever chanted at our players by an opposing fanbase.

Nice to see Junior picking up from Lazar with the Social Welfare major.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 11:01:08 AM »
I agree that they should have updated the info on the website sooner, though I think it should've been done for the sake of Marquette fans and not anyone else's.  Guys like Oates and BB Fran and whoever else are going to nitpick about something silly no matter what you do, as evidenced by the "Jump Around" story.  And "What's Your Major?" based upon outdated website info may be one of the most innocuous things ever chanted at our players by an opposing fanbase.

If the image of your team is that you recruit a bunch of JUCOs who don't give a crap about academics, then you should do what you can to show that this image is false.  I agree with you that Oates and crew are going to nitpick everything, but having outdated information on the web-site is really amateurish.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 11:09:19 AM »
Erik Williams with Criminology. Nice.

I believe this was Diamond Taylor's major at the UW-Madison until he chose to pursue other life options

TJ

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 11:15:41 AM »
Computer Science.

I opened this thinking it was going to be a whole different type of thread.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »
If the image of your team is that you recruit a bunch of JUCOs who don't give a crap about academics
That's a projected image.  UW fans have even ragged on our academics due to our high graduation rate.  If it's not one thing, it's another.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
Cool, another post referencing race.  Awesome

C'mon Chic, photo shopping an AA male into an all white crowd is insulting. Fact is, there was not a person of any color save white in that crowd. To manufacture diversity is beneath contempt - it is a lie.  UW-Madison should be held accountable for that outrage!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »
C'mon Chic, photo shopping an AA male into an all white crowd is insulting. Fact is, there was not a person of any color save white in that crowd. To manufacture diversity is beneath contempt - it is a lie.  UW-Madison should be held accountable for that outrage!

And they have been.