[May 10, 2024, 10:38:04 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dear Jeronne...  (Read 10376 times)

Wade for President

• All American
Dear Jeronne...
« on: December 16, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »
Much like many loyal MUscoopers', I have logged plenty of time on the boards the past few days (too much in my wife's eyes), yet haven't posted on this subject.  With that being said, let me speak my mind.

I personally don't understand why some posters are being polite in their parting comments to Terrell Owens...I mean, Mr. Jeronne Maymon.  This disillusioned, ego driven, overrated, lethargic, uninspired, player...did nothing to warrant a 'thanks for your time' courtesy good-bye.  I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but the fact that he gave up on his coaches & teammates 10 games into his freshman year, makes my blood boil (sorry for the bluntness....I don't care if this decision was made by a "kid", but I can't hide my diehard love for Marquette basketball).  Couple that with the fact that you have kids on campus fighting for financial aid/scholarships to gain access to MU, and here he wastes a scholarship on his own selfishness.

Jeronne, I don't wish you good luck in the future.  The only thing I wish upon you, is that at some point down the road (possibly a 6 point/5 rebound night in the Sun Belt Conference), you reflect on the poor decision, and most importantly, the poor attitude, you brought to Milwaukee.  You say you were "upset in your role" with the team.  Role?!?  Can you truly have a "role" 10 games into your freshman campaign?  Ask Lazar about his "role".  As mentioned a hundred times on this board, the poor dude has been playing out of position ever since he stepped foot in the Al.

Unlike some on this board, I still have 110% faith in the direction of this program, and in our captain at the helm, Buzz Williams.  Buzz is in an interesting position here.  Much like the truth behind Tiger's car crash, I don't think we'll ever hear Buzz's feelings behind this situation (and I guess we don't need to).  I'm expecting a sugar-coated, PR driven, speech from coach on Thursday.  Couple Maymon's exit with M-Clark's criminal record, and my only hope is that Buzz puts greater value in his recruitment of players with strong morals, heart, and the understanding of the word "team".

Jeronne Maymon, congratulations...you're a trivia question in MU lore.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The page is turned for all I'm concerned...let's bring some intensity and defensive focus to Saturday's game against North Florida.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
Re: Dear Jeronne...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:14:59 AM »
The page is turned for all I'm concerned...let's bring some intensity and defensive focus to Saturday's game against North Florida.

+1

Exactly lets cheer on this TEAM. It will not go unnoticed how much the remaining players will have to sacrifice in order to make the tournament.

I know Buzz Williams enough that the heart and determination that is shown by his players day in and day out will not skip a beat with the prima donna out of the way. I hope you get smacked in the mouth again.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:19:25 AM »
soaring potential
a crane plummets to the earth
shattered on the ground

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:23:22 AM »
What a difference a day makes.  24 hours ago, I was advocating restraint as the facts had not come out.  Now we have our first taste of Tim Maymon in the "Where in the World is Jeronne Maymon (going to go)" spectacle that is about to start, and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies a wild ride with Tim Maymon in the driver's seat.

Memo to Tim Maymon:  You can't be a good parent when you're only looking out for the good of the parent.  The sooner you land the helicopter, the sooner your son will have a chance to succeed.

Can't wait for Saturday.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 09:25:20 AM »
What a difference a day makes.  24 hours ago, I was advocating restraint as the facts had not come out.  Now we have our first taste of Tim Maymon in the "Where in the World is Jeronne Maymon (going to go)" spectacle that is about to start, and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies a wild ride with Tim Maymon in the driver's seat.

Memo to Tim Maymon:  You can't be a good parent when you're only looking out for the good of the parent.  The sooner you land the helicopter, the sooner your son will have a chance to succeed.

Can't wait for Saturday.

selfish arrogance
blinds one to obligation
a parent's duty

Robyrd5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »
Much like many loyal MUscoopers', I have logged plenty of time on the boards the past few days (too much in my wife's eyes), yet haven't posted on this subject.  With that being said, let me speak my mind.

I personally don't understand why some posters are being polite in their parting comments to Terrell Owens...I mean, Mr. Jeronne Maymon.  This disillusioned, ego driven, overrated, lethargic, uninspired, player...did nothing to warrant a 'thanks for your time' courtesy good-bye.  I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but the fact that he gave up on his coaches & teammates 10 games into his freshman year, makes my blood boil (sorry for the bluntness....I don't care if this decision was made by a "kid", but I can't hide my diehard love for Marquette basketball).  Couple that with the fact that you have kids on campus fighting for financial aid/scholarships to gain access to MU, and here he wastes a scholarship on his own selfishness.

Jeronne, I don't wish you good luck in the future.  The only thing I wish upon you, is that at some point down the road (possibly a 6 point/5 rebound night in the Sun Belt Conference), you reflect on the poor decision, and most importantly, the poor attitude, you brought to Milwaukee.  You say you were "upset in your role" with the team.  Role?!?  Can you truly have a "role" 10 games into your freshman campaign?  Ask Lazar about his "role".  As mentioned a hundred times on this board, the poor dude has been playing out of position ever since he stepped foot in the Al.

Unlike some on this board, I still have 110% faith in the direction of this program, and in our captain at the helm, Buzz Williams.  Buzz is in an interesting position here.  Much like the truth behind Tiger's car crash, I don't think we'll ever hear Buzz's feelings behind this situation (and I guess we don't need to).  I'm expecting a sugar-coated, PR driven, speech from coach on Thursday.  Couple Maymon's exit with M-Clark's criminal record, and my only hope is that Buzz puts greater value in his recruitment of players with strong morals, heart, and the understanding of the word "team".

Jeronne Maymon, congratulations...you're a trivia question in MU lore.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

+1. Here's hoping the team hasn't let this circus distract them and comes out fired up Saturday!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 09:27:45 AM »
Now we have our first taste of Tim Maymon in the "Where in the World is Jeronne Maymon (going to go)" spectacle that is about to start, and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies a wild ride with Tim Maymon in the driver's seat.

The taste has been there for 18 months, we just weren't swallowing

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 09:30:32 AM »

her languid allure
exquisite flesh to the touch
but would she swallow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 09:36:11 AM »
her languid allure
but would she swallow

Awesome. I was hoping for a haiku after that one.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 09:39:16 AM »
her languid allure
but would she swallow

Yes +1
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 09:40:58 AM »

I think that is a self serving, hind sight is 20/20 type comment...par for the coaurse for Chico.

I have absolutely no problem with Buzz signing Maymon then and now.  I am all for giving the kid a chance.  he had no criminal record that i know of.  the worst reports were that he may be a little lazy and he had an over bearing father.  beleive me there are many over bearing fathers/parents in this business.  

Additionally Mu is in desparate need of size , chicos you and others that always want to tear down Buzz would have said we should have gone after him if we did not.  Your 20/20 arm chair quaterbacking while you look for any way to tear down buzz is pathetic.  I am glad you have had such a great week.

I like the fact Buzz took a chance on a 6'6" 250 lbs top 75 recruit.  it did not work out Ok so what is the harm done at the end of the day?  This team will be over it by the end of the week.  It gives guys like Fulce and Williams a new outlook on the season.  i think Ewill has trmendous upside, is he as ready to compete as Jeronne today?, no but life goes on.  I have no problem with this signing just as i had no problem with the Mbakwe signing.  crap happens move on, the Mu traditon is in no way sullied by this incident.

There is no shame in giving a kid a chance.  And by all accounts Buzz again handled everything with the utmost class.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 09:44:38 AM »
There is no shame in giving a kid a chance.  And by all accounts Buzz again handled everything with the utmost class.

a quest unfulfilled
shame is not in the giving
it is in leaving

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 09:48:15 AM »
to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies a wild ride with Tim Maymon in the driver's seat.

Soooooooo true!

Guy Fieri's Dad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 10:13:45 AM »
I hope the team uses this situation as motivation to play harder so that they can rub Jeronne's face in the success he could have been a part of.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 10:22:33 AM »
I hope the team uses this situation as motivation to play harder so that they can rub Jeronne's face in the success he could have been a part of.

think ODB wished he stuck around?   ;D

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 10:27:09 AM »
I hope he gets his wish and ends up at a school that allows him to play SF/SG. I further hope that we have an opportunity to play that school in the next couple years and he gets the opportunity to try to guard the likes of Vander Blue, DJO, Jamil Jones, etc.

At the same time, I do feel sorry for this kid who has clearly been taking his cues from a confirmed moron.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 10:30:02 AM »
her languid allure
but would she swallow
Is that a Warthog original, or did that come from somewhere?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »

Agree.  But shouldn't Tim Maymon be CC'ed on this letter?  Or perhaps more realistically, address it to Tim Maymon and CC Jeronne?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »
I think that is a self serving, hind sight is 20/20 type comment...par for the coaurse for Chico.

I have absolutely no problem with Buzz signing Maymon then and now.  I am all for giving the kid a chance.  he had no criminal record that i know of.  the worst reports were that he may be a little lazy and he had an over bearing father.  beleive me there are many over bearing fathers/parents in this business.  

Additionally Mu is in desparate need of size , chicos you and others that always want to tear down Buzz would have said we should have gone after him if we did not.  Your 20/20 arm chair quaterbacking while you look for any way to tear down buzz is pathetic.  I am glad you have had such a great week.

I like the fact Buzz took a chance on a 6'6" 250 lbs top 75 recruit.  it did not work out Ok so what is the harm done at the end of the day?  This team will be over it by the end of the week.  It gives guys like Fulce and Williams a new outlook on the season.  i think Ewill has trmendous upside, is he as ready to compete as Jeronne today?, no but life goes on.  I have no problem with this signing just as i had no problem with the Mbakwe signing.  crap happens move on, the Mu traditon is in no way sullied by this incident.

It was known before Maymon committed that his father was overbearing. That's not hindsight. It's called foresight. The kind of foresight that saw the two long term coaches in the state get nowhere near the final stages of attracting Maymon to their program.

You are right that there is no shame in giving a kid a chance. However, if you are in the position to give someone a chance you should be able to determine, taking all factors into equation, who is truly deserving of that chance.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 10:53:10 AM »

winsome elegance
refined, cultured, urbane...but
she would not speak french

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 11:04:02 AM »

her flower in bloom
nectared petals of delight
but he wanted more

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
In all fairness, Jeronne isn't the first 18/19-year-old to make a bad decision and won't be the last. And, unlike most, he seems to have a father who's encouraging him to make a bad decision, or at the very least failing to discourage it.

In time, I suspect he'll find that the grass isn't always greener. Still, it's his decision to make and if he isn't happy at Marquette, then all parties are better off with him somewhere other than Marquette. I'd rather have no Jeronne Maymon than a team cancer.

So, while I don't see any need to wish him well, neither do I see the point of all the animosity. If he truly was unhappy and could have developed into a negative influence on the team, we should be glad he's gone.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »
Awesome. I was hoping for a haiku after that one.

so much better than a "that's what she said" joke...
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 01:10:42 PM »

It was known before Maymon committed that his father was overbearing. That's not hindsight. It's called foresight. The kind of foresight that saw the two long term coaches in the state get nowhere near the final stages of attracting Maymon to their program.

You are right that there is no shame in giving a kid a chance. However, if you are in the position to give someone a chance you should be able to determine, taking all factors into equation, who is truly deserving of that chance.

That is fine if that is your stance on it.  Personally I have zero peroblem withit.  If you eliminated every single kid out there that had issues of some sort then there would be few left and our roster would refelct that at HArvard.  I am glad went and got him, I am glad Crean went and got Mbakwe.  neither worked out...so waht i was still worth the chance in my book.  Todd Townsend, Robert Jacksonare a few examples of kids with more than troubled pasts that worked out pretty good.  Go farther back in history at Mu and the list gets real long.  As an Mu alum I think Buzz should keep going after them. 

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 01:46:26 PM »
so much better than a "that's what she said" joke...

he promised too much
her disappointment was clear
endowment lacking

feedback