'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Anthony Lee  (Read 19680 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Anthony Lee
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2014, 07:27:27 PM »
Why are we talking about another guy to take. We are already over by 1. Only way we take another guy is if Derrick and Juan are cut.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2014, 07:30:00 PM »
But let's let kids who know they're leaving early to play professionally to just stop going to class once the last game of the season is over.  

...once the grades for the first semester come out.  If planning on leaving anyways, I have heard that some players either didnt attend class too regularly or attainded class but attained close to a 0.0 GPA for the second semester.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:32:51 PM by We R Final Four »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »
Then why didn't they play like stars against the cupcakes we played in non-conference?  They would be serviceable at the low major level..perhaps slightly above average at best at low major school.

Because that's not their role on a high major team. Why the hell would Derrick be trying to score when Davante can eat them alive?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2014, 08:46:07 PM »
So don't reward a kid who worked his butt off and graduated in 3 or 4 years while also being a full time athlete and has a year left of athletic eligibility?  But let's let kids who know they're leaving early to play professionally to just stop going to class once the last game of the season is over.  Why should these transfers be required to finish their graduate degree when other student athletes don't even come within 3 years of finishing their undergraduate degree?

+1

This is one "loophole" that I like.  If anything, it incentivizes kids to work hard and actually get a degree.

GurneeHitchkr

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
Why don't we quit trying to figure out who's staying and who's going and who Buzz may try to go after?  Anything we say on this board won't change anyone's mind who is actually involved in those decisions.  Do you think any of them care what we say?  Just enjoy the NCAA tournament, then enjoy your summer and we'll find out soon enough the outcome of what  everyone is speculating about.  You can't do anything about it anyway, so don't fret about.  It'll happen (or it won't) and then we can all talk about it later.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2014, 11:50:39 PM »
Why don't we quit trying to figure out who's staying and who's going and who Buzz may try to go after?  Anything we say on this board won't change anyone's mind who is actually involved in those decisions.  Do you think any of them care what we say?  Just enjoy the NCAA tournament, then enjoy your summer and we'll find out soon enough the outcome of what  everyone is speculating about.  You can't do anything about it anyway, so don't fret about.  It'll happen (or it won't) and then we can all talk about it later.

Post of the day.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2014, 12:16:34 AM »

I don't come here because I think any of them care what I say. I come here to speculate with fellow fans. I enjoy speculating. I enjoy debating. I imagine this is the same for others.
TAMU

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2014, 12:23:38 AM »
I don't come here because I think any of them care what I say. I come here to speculate with fellow fans. I enjoy speculating. I enjoy debating. I imagine this is the same for others.

Yep, it's the off season for MU bb, so this is all we have to carry us through to the next season.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2014, 12:26:33 AM »
...once the grades for the first semester come out.  If planning on leaving anyways, I have heard that some players either didnt attend class too regularly or attainded class but attained close to a 0.0 GPA for the second semester.

Are you talking current players or in the past?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2014, 06:38:05 PM »
Can he coach?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2014, 06:44:07 PM »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »
But, Coach Crean is still there.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:01 PM »
Are you talking current players or in the past?
Recent past.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
But, Coach Crean is still there.

Lol. Probably where he'll end up though.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2014, 07:25:20 PM »
Lol. Probably where he'll end up though.

Probably with Eron Harris from West Virginia.  Stud....Maybe to Butler also. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/03/24/west-virginia-guard-eron-harris-to-transfer/6836719/

nyg

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2014, 10:35:29 PM »
Going to The Ohio State. 

feedback