Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jabari Parker  (Read 4965 times)

amgine

• Walk-On
Jabari Parker
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »
Is overrated.  That's all!

GGGG

• All American
Re: Jabari Parker
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 09:25:27 PM »
I'll take him....

amgine

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »
Sultan, obviously that is not the point.  Doesn't strike me as the No. 1 recruit. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 09:29:40 PM »
He's actually #2.  But really, have you scouted his games often?

nyg

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:30:53 PM »

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2752

He's actually #3 and will be a stud in the next level.  Crazy talk.

amgine

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 09:32:34 PM »
Yes, the reclassify!  Often enough to believe there will 10-12 better in this class.  Your thoughts?  Besides ill take him???

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »
Is overrated.  That's all!

Let's ask Steve Taylor Jr.  I suspect you'll get a wry smile.  Jabari can flat out play.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 09:59:17 PM »
Yes, the reclassify!  Often enough to believe there will 10-12 better in this class.  Your thoughts?  Besides ill take him???

My thoughts are that he is one of the best high school players in the country.

amgine

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 10:01:51 PM »
Yes, he can flat out play... Not the point...  My point is he has underwhelmed against top competition for the number 2-3 player.   No slight on Jabari meant...  Apparently I'm the only one with that view!

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »
Yes, he can flat out play... Not the point...  My point is he has underwhelmed against top competition for the number 2-3 player.   No slight on Jabari meant...  Apparently I'm the only one with that view!

Probably not, but you are in very select company.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 10:12:07 PM »

You said he was overated, yet then say he can flat out play?  What is it?

Simeon has played against top competition since the kid was a freshman.  Every recruiting service has him in top 3 and every mock draft has him going at either #1, #2 or #3 in the 2014 NBA draft. 

Lets see how he does at Duke, but when a kid is rated this high, the services are rarely wrong.  Matter of fact, they are usually direct on point. 

amgine

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »
A player can be a player yet not live up to a 1-3 rating.  Happens all the time. 

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »
I agree that he's been down this year. It's probably because he broke his foot and put on 20lbs. He was better his sophomore year (his best year). He'll be good at Duke and I think he'll play 2 years and average about 10 his first year and 14 his second. In his SI feature, they were billing him as the best high school player since Lebron James. I don't think it's unfair to say he's overrated using that comparison. Personally, I think he will be a very good but not dominant player at college level.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 07:14:06 AM »
Superbar?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »
Can we agree that if Simeon's HC (realize he was the assistant) was the HC at Marquette our board would melt down after every game?

bigself13

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 02:26:41 PM »

I am a long time reader who rarely comments. I have seen a trend of people new to the board getting put on blast almost every time they post. There is an "old boys club" mentality on this board and I think it's embarrassing that new posters seen to be targeted. Just an observation. Go MU

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 03:20:14 PM »
LJ Peak was player of the game for the Young-Simeon game, led with 20pts

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 03:22:14 PM »
I am a long time reader who rarely comments. I have seen a trend of people new to the board getting put on blast almost every time they post. There is an "old boys club" mentality on this board and I think it's embarrassing that new posters seen to be targeted. Just an observation. Go MU

Perhaps because many new posters are of the hit-and-run variety who come here, write something outlandish/inflammatory/wrong or otherwise intended to elicit a strong reaction, never to resurface again.
AKA Trolls.
There are obviously exceptions - every old boy was a first-time poster at some point, right? - but the pattern repeats itself often enough that every first-time poster is going to be met with some level of suspicion.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 04:27:57 PM »
I attended the game last night and I really liked LJ Peaks game. I don't think we offered him anything yet but I know he has them. I saw Coach Chew sitting next to Illinois' coach Gross court side but I'm pretty sure he was there for Youngs #13. As far as Jabari goes I too think he is overrated with people at the game thinking he's the next Lebron. He's a great player but is going to have to earn his spot in Dukes starting lineup. Seems unusual for a #2 five start recruit. He did look like he's gained some weight but his body is that of a #1 player in the country: raw. I think this why everyone loves him because his body gives him an abundance of more potential.

Also, it was funny to see him as the only player on the program to be listed as a G/F/C. Seems like Buzz' perfect switchable.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 04:34:01 PM »

What a stupid comment, walk-on.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. Please take that in the teal spirit intended.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 05:05:37 PM »

Some posters treat the board like a fraternity and love nothing better than hazing and belittling the "pledges" (aka newcomers). I agree with you that it's embarrassing.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »
Some posters treat the board like a fraternity and love nothing better than hazing and belittling the "pledges" (aka newcomers). I agree with you that it's embarrassing.

Hello, I've been around for years, and there ain't nobody that ever pays any attention to me.  So there.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 05:40:21 PM »
Maybe if the OP had a more insightful comment on why he finds Parker to be overrated it would be a different story.  Kind of like the "We need better players" and "Vander Bust" newcomer a while ago.  It doesn't matter if you're new or a scoop veteran....that's asking for some trouble.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 05:56:58 PM »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 06:40:38 PM »
There are obviously exceptions - every old boy was a first-time poster at some point, right? - but the pattern repeats itself often enough that every first-time poster is going to be met with some level of suspicion.

I don't remember being put on blast or belittled when I first started posting here. Maybe it's not so much the "every first time poster" as it is first time posters that post things in the wrong forum or start a thread like "Jabari Parker is overrated, that is all." It's an obvious attempt at trolling, it's in the wrong part of the site, and it's simply inane. If a new poster comes on and is willing to express their opinions in a logical, coherent manner and doesn't seem to be winding up just for the sake of it, I think there are rarely the problems you speak of. But to act like this is anything other than an obvious attempt to start a pointless debate is simply silly.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.