collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach  (Read 19629 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2013, 06:40:06 AM »
Who cares? Seems to me, those who click and comment on them hold the control to what impact those threads have on their lives.

Really? So it's my fault that when I come to the main page and look at "recent posts" on the side and see more threads about Crean than I do about anything else it's somehow an issue with me? Don't be inane. I clicked one to say that maybe when we have a coach we all love, a conference winning team, and are going to the NCAAs, maybe that's more worth talking about than the guy that left 5 years ago.

But I guess no one on this site wants to pass up a chance to argue with Chicos  ::)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2013, 09:18:11 AM »
I am ashamed to admit that I glanced through this whole thread. Remember that Sampson and Crean were/are?!?! friends. Crean sucked up to him and was an assistant under Sampson for USA 19U or whatever national team. I thought he wouldn't get the IU job because he was so close to Sampson. Crean goes off and rips the assistant but he was cuddling up to Sampson.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »
I am ashamed to admit that I glanced through this whole thread. Remember that Sampson and Crean were/are?!?! friends. Crean sucked up to him and was an assistant under Sampson for USA 19U or whatever national team. I thought he wouldn't get the IU job because he was so close to Sampson. Crean goes off and rips the assistant but he was cuddling up to Sampson.

I4 only knows to suck up to his betters, but sh!t on everyone beneath him.  Exact opposite of a leader.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2013, 01:03:59 PM »
Crean never played the game. That coupled with his egomaniac personality does give him a huge cow chip on his shoulder.

The greatest Cow Chip Thrower of them all...Mr Sidd Finch

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »
The greatest Cow Chip Thrower of them all...Mr Sidd Finch

Greatest SI cover story of all time!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2013, 01:34:20 PM »
Greatest SI cover story of all time!

Plimpton was a National Treasure.

And don't even dare think about mentioning The Coach Whose Name We Dare Not Say!

Death on call

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »
"As for Crean yelling, "You helped ruin our program" at former IU assistant Jeff Meyer, Crean should be ashamed of himself. What could be perceived as a lack of class in such situations has been noticed by other Big Ten coaches. One league coach said of Crean, "He never played, so he has this insecurity wrapped up with being totally aloof from how things are done. He has a hell of a team, but I have no use for the guy and his handshake antics, or his full-court press when he is up 30."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/doug-gottlieb/21860424

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »
Could've been anyone of the other 11 coaches. The guy is rabid and toxic. Foaming at the mouth like he was, with that crazed look in his eye, is a recipe for bizarre behavior. His opponents in the Tourney should just forfeit and let him win so he doesn't flip out and hurt someone.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
Some don't like Dakich because they think he's too pro IU, but I think he tries to be fair.

Just an update regarding Dakich, he was on the ESPN college basketball podcast with Katz and Greenberg. In essence, he didn't give a crap. Chalked it down to heat of the moment bullcrap and men let emotions go which is what happens during sporting events.

He also mentioned that he is friends with Meyer. Clearly not friends with Sampson, Senderoff, et. al. as he more then once stated they didn't understand how Indiana handles business and didn't seem to care if they get called out for their activities.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2013, 05:50:47 PM »
Thank you for your services, DWade.

Move on over and make some room for the next disciple: Victor Oladipo.
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »
The guy is rabid and toxic. Foaming at the mouth like he was, with that crazed look in his eye, is a recipe for bizarre behavior.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2013, 05:17:26 PM »
Crean never played the game.

Buzz never played either

They are not friends any longer.  As I've said here many times, you guys have no idea how deep the problems were that never got to the press.  Very bad.  Yes, sometimes people are friends and later in life they are not.  You sound surprised or shocked that this could happen.

Quote from: puxmex
"As for Crean yelling, "You helped ruin our program" at former IU assistant Jeff Meyer, Crean should be ashamed of himself. What could be perceived as a lack of class in such situations has been noticed by other Big Ten coaches. One league coach said of Crean, "He never played, so he has this insecurity wrapped up with being totally aloof from how things are done. He has a hell of a team, but I have no use for the guy and his handshake antics, or his full-court press when he is up 30."

Can't argue with that...he's right....Likely Matta or Ryan said that, though both of them have displayed their own issues (who can forget Ryan at the funeral of a former player a few years ago and his comments about Bruce Pearl).  Interesting that Gottlieb also says it wasn't an intentional foul considering it was "textbook".   ;)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »
Buzz never played either

Buzz never pulled a stunt like that either. What does Buzz Williams have to do with the discussion?

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2013, 05:35:43 PM »
While Crean having never played the game is seemingly a benign issue and not a condemnation of and by itself, it apparently does factor into his entire person and the reception he gets from others in the game. Odd how an unnamed Big Ten coach mentioned the same fact when discussing Coach Crean's psychotic behavior on Sunday.
BTW, I didn't just make up the idea that having never played the game, as it relates to the departed. It was brought up to me, by a former Warrior player who is still close to the program, in a discussion we had a few years ago.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2013, 07:41:04 PM »
Yup, he is a child....much like posters (yourself) attacking a coach's wife...all class.

Incidentally, there are at least 30 sites saying the same thing was said.  He didn't like it, he responded.  If someone told me to F Off, I would go after them, too.  Heat of the moment...stupid stuff happens.  Crean was stupid.  Meyer was stupid.

Cowherd just did a segment on this.  As he said (paraphrasing), 'you have to let humans be humans.  In the heat of the moment, knowing what the history is, people do stupid things. Doesn't bother me at all.  Best friends say stupid stuff in the heat of the moment and then they wise up.'

As I told you guys a few years ago and you pooh poohed it, the culture at IU was destroyed by what Sampson and his assistants did.  What happened there hasn't even touched the surface in the press in terms of the drug use, etc.  It was out of control, ridiculous.  IU is a point of pride for many in the state.  As such, there are some tremendously bitter feelings toward those a-holes that did it.  The negative recruiting that came in the first few years, etc.  Many chips on shoulders.  A big mess had to be cleaned up and a lot of sand being kicked in the face along the way.  Some of that is coming out now.

But I do love when we here at Scoop tell DWade and Novak and Diener and Oladipo and Zeller how stupid they are for not seeing him the way you do.  They spend 1000's of days and tens of thousands of hours with him, they know him a bit better than you or anyone else here does.  Personally, I think he's a jerk and douche and have said it here at least 500 times.  Guess what, almost every head coach I've worked with is like that sans Joe Maddon and Mike Scioscia.  Unfortunately it's how many of them are wired. 

Chico's, if a moron comes after you and tells you to F off, they are a moron.  If you respond,  you are a moron too.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2013, 08:03:44 PM »
Oh, and in before the lock!

Hey, I hear there is a game tomorrow.

Go Warriors!!!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »
Chico's, if a moron comes after you and tells you to F off, they are a moron.  If you respond,  you are a moron too.

If an opposing coach starts the handshake line conversation (after beating you by 1) with "That's how we do it at Indiana (or any other school)" it merits, at the very least, a response of "F off".

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »
If an opposing coach starts the handshake line conversation (after beating you by 1) with "That's how we do it at Indiana (or any other school)" it merits, at the very least, a response of "F off".

At least the winning coached deigned to shake the hand of the vanquished assistant coach. I understand he is notorious for using some really bizarre handshake techniques designed to convey disgust, dislike, anger, and childish petulance.

Death on call

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2013, 12:00:21 AM »
I4 is a family man.

Tom Crean ‏@TomCrean March 8
Even in the midst of a great season for his team and for himself, Dwyane Wade continues to check on and study our team. Family personified.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2013, 06:34:53 AM »
Yeah, Wade is pullin' an all nighter.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2013, 09:31:19 AM »
Yeah, Wade is pullin' an all nighter.

translation:  DWade sent me a text, and I'm still so insecure about life that I need to tweet the news to the masses.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »
translation:  DWade sent me a text, and I'm still so insecure about life that I need to tweet the news to the masses.

Note to self: Heat on a tear, Wade playing well. Use it/him for all I can.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »
I4 is a family man.

Tom Crean ‏@TomCrean March 8
Even in the midst of a great season for his team and for himself, Dwyane Wade continues to check on and study our team. Family personified.

Pure Horse Sh1t

Death on call

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2013, 07:55:46 PM »
Curious why he doesn't tweet about interactions with Merritt, Townsend, Abraham, Robert Jackson, Diener, Novak, or any other guy who graduated from MU when he was here.

Only former NBA Finals MVPs are "family personified."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2013, 08:41:08 PM »
Those guys are just step children.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"