Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hall jumps 8 spots  (Read 6502 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Seton Hall jumps 8 spots
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 10:19:36 AM »
I'd jump for unnatural carnal knowledgeing joy if we get to their level in the next few years. "The likes of Seton Hall" are currently 3-0 in conference.

What level is that?

Hall won the Big East Tournament two years ago which is a dynamite accomplishment. Outside of that, they've had a dramatically less accomplished last decade then Marquette.

You're aiming to reach a program's level that won three, six, and six games in consecutive seasons of Big East play within the last five years.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 10:27:40 AM »
What level is that?

Hall won the Big East Tournament two years ago which is a dynamite accomplishment. Outside of that, they've had a dramatically less accomplished last decade then Marquette.

You're aiming to reach a program's level that won three, six, and six games in consecutive seasons of Big East play within the last five years.

Exactly.  Three years ago, people were openly speculating whether or not Kevin Willard would keep his job.  Prior to two years ago, he coached for five years without an NCAA tournament.  And the last two years he's been in the tournament but hasn't won a game.

Yeah they have a good team this year.  But can it be sustained a la Xavier?  Highly doubtful IMO.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 10:30:53 AM »
Maybe he give us more than 5 Fouls in this game and starts hitting his shots.

It would be well worth having Harry out there if he pulls Delgado away from the paint on defense, and gives us a better shot at at scoring at the rim and offensive rebounds.  I have a feeling that Willard wouldn't let that happen though.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2018, 10:33:50 AM »
It would be well worth having Harry out there if he pulls Delgado away from the paint on defense, and gives us a better shot at at scoring at the rim and offensive rebounds.  I have a feeling that Willard wouldn't let that happen though.

Also, Harry is by far our best rebounder in the limitetd sample size. We'll need that.

And I agree, I think teams are going to start giving him the outside shot. He's gonna have to start making them pay.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »
Also, Harry is by far our best rebounder in the limitetd sample size. We'll need that.

And I agree, I think teams are going to start giving him the outside shot. He's gonna have to start making them pay.
Harry must be making these in practice and scrimmages or Wojo wouldn?t be giving him the green light.  Hopefully, he can shake the rust off soon or Woj is going to have to change the color of his light.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2018, 10:53:39 AM »

What makes you think Harry is going to pull any big man, let alone a very good big man, outside when he's in the game? Harry's offensive game is much better near the paint than on the perimeter. I don't think any coach watching our game tape would assume Harry is a threat from outside. The guy has made a single 3 all season, and while his handles aren't bad for a big, he's not really a threat to drive past a defender to score.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2018, 11:17:06 AM »
But the big question is:

How much will you give each of us if MU beats SH tonight?!?!?

Nothing for tonight. This bad boy is winnable.

I did however throw down on SHU since the line is a pick em.

Lucky for us, when I put down big bets against MU these are the games we usually win.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »
What level is that?

I completely agree that I think MU's long-term trajectory is much better than SH's.  However, I would charitably assume that by "that level" the poster means "ranked top 15".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »
Let?s keep in mind that Heldt did as well as you could hope for defending Delgado in the regular season last year. Heldt isn?t overly talented, but he?s pretty smart and works really hard. Make Delgado work for his boards and points and hope they aren?t shooting well while we have a good night shooting.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2018, 12:50:32 PM »
I'm more concerned about containing Powell and Carrington from distance and Desi inside the arc than I am about SHU's size... get a lead, run 2 of Harry, Theo and Matt as much as possible, clog up their interior game, try to contest 3PA's and hope your shots keep falling on the other end.

Hell, anytime two of Powell, Carrington or Desi sits down, I might run a triangle-and-2 with our trio of bigs (or with Sam).  Even if only one sits at a time, I'd still consider mixing it in occasionally for a change of pace / confusion factor.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2018, 12:55:21 PM »
What level is that?

I meant top 15 this year, not what they've done in prior years

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2018, 03:48:41 PM »
I meant top 15 this year, not what they've done in prior years

That's cool. I prefer actual achievements to media inflated rankings but each fan has their own standard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2018, 09:55:33 PM »
So about that Seton Hall blowout because they are such a bad matchup... ;)

mug644

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2018, 10:09:20 PM »

One scenario I didn't even consider as a possibility is MU by 20. Wow.

We got this!

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2018, 10:13:37 PM »

Yeah yeah, Im eating crow. Its amazing to see what this MU team can do just when you think they wont be able to do it. Team rebounded (literally) and played some pretty decent defense for once in what seems like a long while.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 09:36:24 AM »

This is what happens when Wojo reads Scoop.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2018, 09:41:09 AM »
This is what happens when Wojo reads Scoop.

Kinda figured the thing about Wojo showing them the Bama QBs hugging was just a smokescreen for what really happened.

"Guys, Scoop says we're going to get blown out tonight.  Well I say let's win the whole damn thing!!!"

feedback