'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Miami  (Read 13627 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: The Simple Reason Why We Will Beat Miami!!!
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2013, 05:48:10 PM »
Lauranaga (sp) seems like a very good coach.   He's got experience in the tourney, has made it to a Final Four with less talent then this year.  I don't think these are some chumps we're up against from a coaching standpoint. 

Lauranaga (sp) seems like a very good coach.   He's got experience in the tourney, has made it to a Final Four with less talent then this year.  I don't think these are some chumps we're up against from a coaching standpoint. 

Not saying that ...

Saying that Miami is dancing in the locker room, making rap videos and spending the night so they can celebrate. 

Marquette is acting like they have more to do because they have not YET done enough to warrant locker room dancing or making videos.

Miami is satisfied with their season so far.  Marquette is not.

denverMU

• All American
Re: Miami
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »
I will admit up front, I don't know how we do it, but to win Thursday we have to shut down Larkin.  In the first two tournament games Larkin has been responsible for 46% and 49% of Miami scoring.(either scoring himself or assisting on the score) Cut the head off the snake and we win.  I realize that's easier said then done but I believe Buzz can devise a game plan to do that.  Just like shutting down Clarke in the last 15 minutes of the Butler game.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2013, 06:33:29 PM »
Illinois did s decent job on Larkin.  Doubled him and the screeners defender jumped out on him on those high ball screens.  Should be able to do the same with our guys should Buzz choose that look for part of the game.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »
I will admit up front, I don't know how we do it, but to win Thursday we have to shut down Larkin.  In the first two tournament games Larkin has been responsible for 46% and 49% of Miami scoring.(either scoring himself or assisting on the score) Cut the head off the snake and we win.  I realize that's easier said then done but I believe Buzz can devise a game plan to do that.  Just like shutting down Clarke in the last 15 minutes of the Butler game.

Agreed. 

See: Butler on Tu Holloway, March 2011

We will have a plan for Larkin.  Can we prevent other players from hitting shots?  Can we hit our own?  That's my concern.

Did anyone catch their Wake or GA Tech games?  What was the prescription there?

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2013, 08:06:23 PM »

Not saying that ...

Saying that Miami is dancing in the locker room, making rap videos and spending the night so they can celebrate. 

Marquette is acting like they have more to do because they have not YET done enough to warrant locker room dancing or making videos.

Or Larranaga is trying keeping his team loose, while Buzz is putting a lot of self-imposed pressure on his team. 

Meanwhile, I fail to see much difference:

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2013, 10:52:39 PM »
To look at a couple of locker room scenes and read a few newspaper quotes and determine which team wants it more is downright silly.

I'm guessing both teams will want it plenty.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2013, 08:42:12 AM »

Not saying that ...

Only the most stupid collection of words I've read in this forum.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2013, 01:34:40 PM »
They will be ready for us, I have no doubt about that.

Take our posts and change "Larkin" to "Blue" and you basically have Miami's game plan.  They know that we are riding a hot player and the key to stopping us is shutting him down.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »
They will be ready for us, I have no doubt about that.

Take our posts and change "Larkin" to "Blue" and you basically have Miami's game plan.  They know that we are riding a hot player and the key to stopping us is shutting him down.

Jamil Wilson & Gardner gotta step up big time this game, I think they'll get a lot of looks based off of the attention Blue will likely garner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »
I said this earlier....this is business for MU. As Buzz says "it's time to pass the next test". These guys have been here done that with the Sweet 16. No one for Miami has...the stage will be to big for them.

Miami had a great game in the ACC Championship in North Carolina against UNC.  They are going to be fine.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »
avoid the long periods without scoring, and MU has as good a shot as they have had in the previous two games.
If they could do that, I would feel great about this game.  Unfortunately, I've seen nothing to indicate they can.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2013, 01:47:54 PM »
I'm going to grossly oversimplify here, but I'd play Miami pretty much the same way I played Cincinnati, just score one extra basket this time.
Let yourself get down big early and then claw your way back?

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »
Let yourself get down big early and then claw your way back?

If that's the case, I'll skip the 15 point first half and just start watching an hour in.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2013, 02:05:37 PM »
To look at a couple of locker room scenes and read a few newspaper quotes and determine which team wants it more is downright silly.

I agree.  It is not like Marquette did not want to win the last 2 years.  They just lost

TJ

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »
If that's the case, I'll skip the 15 point first half and just start watching an hour in.
Good plan, thanks for the tip.  Might just make the game more enjoyable than the last 5 have been.  ;D

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 12:16:24 AM »

Maybe this was correct after all ... Miami never played with the urgency or intensity of a team that plan on advancing.  They were too busy taking Monday off and making rap videos.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 12:28:11 AM »
They did win the cheerleader battle, snickies galore.....we got nice personalities doh
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

feedback