'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DJO has been awful  (Read 8298 times)

77smooth

• Walk-On
DJO has been awful
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:18:38 PM »
With DJO now 10 games into his senior season, it's obvious: He has succumbed to the pressure of being a senior leader. His play this season has been terrible. And we fans are guilty of letting him ride on his reputation as one of the top guards in the nation. He is simply forcing things too much, playing out of control and trying to go 1 on 3 way too often. And the fact that he is not 11 games into his senior season thanks to his one-game suspension is a further indication that he is failing as a senior leader. It's time for him to get his head on straight, and time for Buzz and his teammates to let him know he is pulling the team down.

TJ

• All American
Re: DJO has been awful
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »
I think there's things he could improve in his game, but don't you think this is a bit harsh and maybe a bit influenced by a recent poor performance.

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:21:31 PM »
the blind rantings of a noob

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »
Buzz has to reconsider playing players after they've sat for sometime. The same for Junior. They're rusty coming back.

Todd looks pissed and he has a right to: he was the hot hand from 3pt land and he could do more than just the 17 minutes he got.

I think he was in Buzz's "PF" doghouse.
SS Marquette

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:22:15 PM »
With DJO now 10 games into his senior season, it's obvious: He has succumbed to the pressure of being a senior leader. His play this season has been terrible. And we fans are guilty of letting him ride on his reputation as one of the top guards in the nation. He is simply forcing things too much, playing out of control and trying to go 1 on 3 way too often. And the fact that he is not 11 games into his senior season thanks to his one-game suspension is a further indication that he is failing as a senior leader. It's time for him to get his head on straight, and time for Buzz and his teammates to let him know he is pulling the team down.

No DJO, no win against Washington.  This wasn't one man's fault tonight.  If you ARE going to blame it on someone, blame it on Turner
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:24:35 PM by Steve Buscemi »
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 10:22:54 PM »
DJO was slightly tipsy vs Washington and full on hammered tonight. Other than that hes fine. been just
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 10:23:48 PM »

So do you want the nomination for dumbest poster of the year, or just dumbest post of the year? Seriously...that's one of the most clueless posts I've ever seen. What...did you just start watching Marquette on Saturday?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 10:24:01 PM »
*been just fine. Comp jumped.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 10:25:06 PM »
He played friggin awful tonight no one can say otherwise, but it wasn't his night. It was a loud crowd and a huge win for LSU that's what happens when youre in the top 10 you have a target on your back and LSU hit the target. I blame it on the friggin tiger that all the players were taking pictures of before the game.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »
Todd looks pissed and he has a right to: he was the hot hand from 3pt land and he could do more than just the 17 minutes he got.
Love Todd, but it didn't seem to be his night.  He wasn't playing well enough to merit more time necessarily.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 10:25:53 PM »
Mayo didn't do anything tonite to warrant more minutes. His play was less than spectacular, too.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 10:26:44 PM »
Buzz has to reconsider playing players after they've sat for sometime. The same for Junior. They're rusty coming back.

I think he was in Buzz's "PF" doghouse.

Yup, I think buzz has a man crush on blue. The offense struggles when blue AND junior are on the court together.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »
So do you want the nomination for dumbest poster of the year, or just dumbest post of the year? Seriously...that's one of the most clueless posts I've ever seen. What...did you just start watching Marquette on Saturday?

+1

I'm sure 77 could cure all of the team's ills!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »
He played friggin awful tonight no one can say otherwise, but it wasn't his night. It was a loud crowd and a huge win for LSU that's what happens when youre in the top 10 you have a target on your back and LSU hit the target. I blame it on the friggin tiger that all the players were taking pictures of before the game.

Are you effing insane? 6/11 from the field. 4/7 from three. He was one of the only guys who could hit a shot. Yes, he missed his one free throw, and he disappeared a bit at the end of the first half, but did you notice the guys not named DJO going 4/16 from three?

DJO was the least of our problems tonight.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 10:30:51 PM »
I was referring to the 6 turnovers...

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 10:33:03 PM »
Are you effing insane? 6/11 from the field. 4/7 from three. He was one of the only guys who could hit a shot. Yes, he missed his one free throw, and he disappeared a bit at the end of the first half, but did you notice the guys not named DJO going 4/16 from three?

Cmon Brew. Im not going to bash DJO because without him we are screwed but he was terrible tonight. Out of control more than ever and continuously raced up the court after a stop, lost the ball and gave them a fast break. He hit 2 big 3s but they were wide open. His airball tear drop was awful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 10:34:09 PM »

He was invisible out their for a good 50% of the game...more bad plays than good.  Not what you would expect out of your senior leader. 

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 10:35:24 PM »
His airball tear drop was awful.

Better than Buzz's   ;)
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 10:37:08 PM »
Our other scoring guards (Blue and Mayo) were a combined 1/9 from the field. Junior missed 7 shots...I know he's not a scorer, but maybe the problem is just as much that he took 10 shots.

DJO and Jae were the only reason that game wasn't a complete blowout. I'll admit issues, I just don't think that DJO was the primary reason. I've got a lot of blame fingers to point before I get to him tonight.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 10:40:38 PM »
Our other scoring guards (Blue and Mayo) were a combined 1/9 from the field. Junior missed 7 shots...I know he's not a scorer, but maybe the problem is just as much that he took 10 shots.

DJO and Jae were the only reason that game wasn't a complete blowout. I'll admit issues, I just don't think that DJO was the primary reason. I've got a lot of blame fingers to point before I get to him tonight.

Believe me, Im not placing sole blame on him at all. I just hate when he goes to crazy at key moments. Vander, Jamil, Todd and Junior were far worse(junior had a few good plays). It was Jae for the most part and Davante was good aside from getting jacked of the ball late.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »
I rank my blames on...
1) all of the trent richardson look alikes on LSU
2)the tiger
3)Jamil/Jamail/Todd/Junior
4)DJO

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 10:43:56 PM »

That's a little overblown. I think Odom's been good this year. Remember, he hasn't played in 10 days. That seemed apparent with his demeanor and crapty turnovers.

At times he looked like Jerel but it hasn't been that way all season.

77smooth

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »
My comments had nothing to do with DJO's shooting percentage and were not aimed solely at his performance tonight. And as a fan of Marquette basketball since 1970, I am aware of the long, proud history of this program. I'm simply saying that DJO has been a large disappointment this season, and he had better realize that and pull out of his tailspin. And we fans ought to tone down singing his praises and recognize reality. The man must play like a senior team leader.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 10:59:28 PM »
Mods: I thought there was a rule on noobs posting such asinine bullcrap? Especially this close following a tough loss?

This kind of jackassery needs to stop

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 11:00:06 PM »
My comments had nothing to do with DJO's shooting percentage and were not aimed solely at his performance tonight. And as a fan of Marquette basketball since 1970, I am aware of the long, proud history of this program. I'm simply saying that DJO has been a large disappointment this season, and he had better realize that and pull out of his tailspin. And we fans ought to tone down singing his praises and recognize reality. The man must play like a senior team leader.

Again I ask...did you just start watching Marquette on Saturday? Did you watch him against Washington? What about his 4 straight 20+ point games? This is the most myopic post of the year. On this board, that's saying something.

feedback