[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Explosions in Kiev  (Read 51442 times)

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
Re: Explosions in Kiev
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2022, 12:02:27 PM »
This doesn't seem to be going the way Russia wanted or expected.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2022, 12:07:56 PM »
So because there's been Western Imperislism in the past and we did nothing in 2008 and 2014 he didn't sound delusional?  Especially his take on Ukranians and their 'Zazi" regime?  WTF  is your point of what countries did in the past?  That we're hypocrites?  That we're exactly the same as China and Russia today?  That we the USA mirrored Hitler, Stalin, Pol-Pot, and other genocidal manics?  That our system, as flawed as it is, isn't vastly superior to a S-Show dictatorship?  Cut the b-crap and deal with reality.

Get off your high horse. You are literally making things up and attributing them to Hards.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2022, 12:10:17 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2022, 12:11:23 PM »
So because there's been Western Imperislism in the past and we did nothing in 2008 and 2014 he didn't sound delusional?  Especially his take on Ukranians and their 'Zazi" regime?  WTF  is your point of what countries did in the past?  That we're hypocrites?  That we're exactly the same as China and Russia today?  That we the USA mirrored Hitler, Stalin, Pol-Pot, and other genocidal manics?  That our system, as flawed as it is, isn't vastly superior to a S-Show dictatorship?  Cut the b-crap and deal with reality.

Yo relax.  I'm just telling you what happened, and the justification that Putin used.

At no point did I say any of it was okay.

Get a grip.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2022, 12:35:23 PM »
Get off your high horse. You are literally making things up and attributing them to Hards.

There are quite a few anti-american and anti-west undertones driveled  here by some of you.  And you reaffirmed this fact by saying I'm on a "high horse"  Not true it all.  We should all be on the same side and stop the asinine rhetoric.  We  can all see the people who have inparted political nonsense in this thread. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2022, 12:36:33 PM »
Usyk finally got his priorities together and joined the Ukrainian defense forces. Pretty wild to have 4 of the top 10-20 boxers this generation all fighting in the same military at the same time.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2022, 01:11:39 PM »
There are quite a few anti-american and anti-west undertones driveled  here by some of you.  And you reaffirmed this fact by saying I'm on a "high horse"  Not true it all.  We should all be on the same side and stop the asinine rhetoric.  We  can all see the people who have inparted political nonsense in this thread.

Again you are making things up. The horse is getting higher.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2022, 01:30:53 PM »

Nope, it's not politics it's just called history.  The facts are not up for debate.  I'm sorry they're inconvenient of they hurt your feelings.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2022, 01:32:58 PM »
Ukraine credits Turkish drones with eviscerating Russian tanks and armor in their first use in a major conflict
https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-credits-turkish-drones-eviscerating-170835937.html

"As Russia pounded Ukraine in the opening days of its invasion, the defenders credited a new piece of equipment with helping them fight back — the Bayraktar TB2 drone.

Videos shared by the Ukrainian military showed at least one strike appearing to tear apart a column of Russian tanks and other armored vehicles."

https://twitter.com/ArmedForcesUkr/status/1497997019515961347
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2022, 01:41:53 PM »
Muggsy, this board has been near universal in condemning Putin.   Yes, there have been geopolitical and historical perspectives and discussions.   We are educated people.

Your anger is misplaced.   Save it for those Americans who were actually chanting Putin's name and praising Russia over the weekend.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2022, 01:43:20 PM »
I've read several articles in the last few days taking about how, if there is a silver lining in this unnatural carnal knowledgeery, it's that after more than a decade of authoritarianism gaining power across globe, this is finally uniting democracies and perhaps swinging the pendulum the other way.

Even Sweden and Switzerland are actively taking sides. Of course there remain pro-Putin loons even here ("savvy", "genius", "smart"), but Pootie has pulled off the trick of uniting the vast majority of people against him.

It's hard to know or understand the mind of a KGB assassin (read up on how he came to power in the first place), but it seems like there was very little upside is trying to take over Ukraine.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2022, 02:23:00 PM »
I'm pro-poutine. Savory and smart.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2022, 03:03:50 PM »
I've read several articles in the last few days taking about how, if there is a silver lining in this unnatural carnal knowledgeery, it's that after more than a decade of authoritarianism gaining power across globe, this is finally uniting democracies and perhaps swinging the pendulum the other way.

Even Sweden and Switzerland are actively taking sides. Of course there remain pro-Putin loons even here ("savvy", "genius", "smart"), but Pootie has pulled off the trick of uniting the vast majority of people against him.

It's hard to know or understand the mind of a KGB assassin (read up on how he came to power in the first place), but it seems like there was very little upside is trying to take over Ukraine.

It's also very anti-nationalism. For awhile, many nations have turned to what is best for our nation is just. That led to a partial dissolving of NATO resolve.

This seems to have undone some of that damage, and has weakened nationalistic tendencies worldwide...at least for now.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2022, 03:51:30 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2022, 04:11:22 PM »

In the space of a single weekend, Vladimir Putin ended decades of Swedish and Swiss neutrality, as well as German pacifism.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 04:22:12 PM by Pakuni »

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2022, 04:25:13 PM »
It really is great to see a united Europe against the invasion.
A bunch of medium to small countries banding together is awesome.
I remember a number of years back in Billy Mitchell/Mitchell field or whatever the Milwaukee airport is called that Milwaukee has a sister city in Russia.
I personally thought it was pretty cool that stereotypes were trying to be removed of Russia.
From the captured Russian soldiers, you can see they are no different from us.
Every expression on their face is "This whole business totally sucks".

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2022, 04:32:52 PM »
I ask this with total ignorance…

Russia, sooner rather than later, will have to be on the brink of total bankruptcy, no? Their state bank cash reserves are both plummeting and getting close to the brink of worthlessness, no? The government can’t seemingly borrow from anyone, and can’t lean on any (?) assets as collateral. Yet, their government is going to try to keep conducting a war?

I’m sure I’m missing a bunch of things, just curious if my rationale is on point or not.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2022, 04:45:25 PM »
You aren't missing anything.   It is just one facet of a worldwide geopolitical situation.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2022, 05:18:50 PM »
Not surprising.
Meal Team 6 member of the US Gravy Seals is with the Russian military. Semper Pie!

https://mobile.twitter.com/borzou/status/1498393087952961541

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2022, 05:21:29 PM »

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2022, 05:27:38 PM »
Finally, we have the answer.

https://crooksandliars.com/2022/02/pat-robertson-putins-goal-attack-israel

Honestly, re-posting this isn't accomplishing anything other than giving more due than its worth. I don't believe this "pro-Putin" stuff is anything more than the fringe, and polls are clear that Americans are united against Russia (which a lot of us have seen anecdotally too). Please don't give more oxygen to this narrative.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2022, 05:29:53 PM »
Honestly, re-posting this isn't accomplishing anything other than giving more due than its worth. I don't believe this "pro-Putin" stuff is anything more than the fringe, and polls are clear that Americans are united against Russia (which a lot of us have seen anecdotally too). Please don't give more oxygen to this narrative.

Dude, get a sense of humor. Laugh instead of attack.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2022, 05:32:48 PM »
Russian teams were suspended Monday from all international soccer, including qualifying matches for the 2022 World Cup.

World soccer body FIFA and European authority UEFA banned Russian national and clubs teams from their competitions “until further notice.” Russia’s men’s national team had been scheduled to play in World Cup qualifying playoffs in just three weeks’ time.

FIFA doing the right thing? Are pigs flying today, too?

To babybluejeans - this is another attempt at humor.  :-\

feedback