collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: How much will Kirk Cousins make?  (Read 991 times)

tower912

• All American
How much will Kirk Cousins make?
« on: January 31, 2018, 02:25:22 PM »
A starting quarterback in the prime of his career hits the open market.  How much will he get paid and who pays it?   And after him, who gets Bradford, Bridgewater, and Keenum?  And for how much?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: How much will Kirk Cousins make?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 02:53:57 PM »
I think Cousins ends up with Denver for $150M total with nearly half that guaranteed. The Jets would be the first runner-up.

The Browns are bound to throw a bunch of money at one of those guys. The Bengals could be a darkhorse as well. I believe they can get out of Dalton's contract this offseason for pretty cheap. Unfortunately, Ohio State probably has the most money to spend on a big-time QB in that state.

I don't think it would happen but Bridgewater to the Giants could be interesting. He's only 25. Team him back up with Shurmur and give him a shot at being Eli's eventual replacement. I don't think Teddy is going to be an elite QB but it might be worth a shot. Contrary to what we thought a year ago, the scouting reports are all over the board on this year's QB class.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 03:22:36 PM »
Good call on one of the 3 Viking QBs following Schurmer to the Giants.  My guess is it'll be Keenum though.  I think Minnesota keeps Bridgewater and lets Keenum and Bradford walk, thinking that Bridgewater has the highest ceiling and is youngest.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 03:44:03 PM »
A starting quarterback in the prime of his career hits the open market.  How much will he get paid and who pays it?   And after him, who gets Bradford, Bridgewater, and Keenum?  And for how much?

Not only will a team overpay for Cousins, they will way, way, way overpay.

I said $25 - $30 Mil per year in the NFL thread, probably for 5 years.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 04:54:48 PM »
His contract will probably look like 5 years/$150, but I would wager the guaranteed portion will be 3 years/$85 million.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 05:02:04 PM »
And with salaries for pretty good starting QBs going up like they have, imagine what a guy like Rodgers will want when he comes for his extension.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 06:46:09 PM »
And with salaries for pretty good starting QBs going up like they have, imagine what a guy like Rodgers will want when he comes for his extension.

The packers better start selling some more shares of stock, a'ina?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 06:26:20 AM »
Too effen much for a QB who has won zippo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback