[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Official Cubs Playoff page  (Read 31706 times)

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Re: The Official Cubs Playoff page
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »
I must be Nostradamus.

Did you prepare all weekend for that one?  More self-flattery....Artful.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:10:47 PM by MarquetteFan94 »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2008, 12:27:01 PM »
nope, just pointing out that your style of argument is well known to me, and ipso facto it is ineffective.

any casual observer may have noted the same.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2008, 03:50:17 PM »
wow, ipso facto...hilarious....mixing law terminology into your shallow posts makes them much more impressive.  ;D

for someone who never offered an ounce of true baseball knowledge throughout this thing you sure do linger around...it's kind of like that piece of toilet paper you can't quite shake off your shoe....maybe that's your modus operandi. lol.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2008, 04:35:25 PM »
OK... can we lockus updis thread?

If I could, I would do it pro bono.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2008, 04:51:10 PM »
nicely played....I don't think you'd get too many arguments.

chonefigs

• Walk-On
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2008, 06:55:30 PM »
Am I the only Cubs fan out there is getting sick of seeing "The Official Cubs Playoff Page" at the top of the discussion list everyday, thus reminding me of how pathetic the Cubs were in the playoffs this year?

In this dude's opinion, this thread needs to be put to bed so that I, along with the rest of my Northside chums, can get on with our lives and quit being pestered by the garbage that was the '08 Cubs in the playoffs.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2008, 08:04:45 AM »
wow, ipso facto...hilarious....mixing law terminology into your shallow posts makes them much more impressive.  ;D

for someone who never offered an ounce of true baseball knowledge throughout this thing you sure do linger around...it's kind of like that piece of toilet paper you can't quite shake off your shoe....maybe that's your modus operandi. lol.

Look, I went to Law School... but I guess I can dumb the rest of my comments down for you, since you feel more comfortable slinging mud.

you either make fun of someone for sounding too smart, or too stupid... the middle ground... what we must use as a gauge is... you?  compelling.

what sort of baseball knowledge do I need to drop on this thread to legitimize myself... in your eyes? 

All I have ever said in this thread is that you are a "boo hoo, woe is me" Cubs fan.  I feel no pity for you (as you wish every reader here to) and frankly you are the one continuing the argument.  You can't just stop.  It is impossible.  You... must... have... the... last... word.

I patiently await your inevitable response.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2008, 04:49:53 PM »
Look, I went to Law School... but I guess I can dumb the rest of my comments down for you, since you feel more comfortable slinging mud.

you either make fun of someone for sounding too smart, or too stupid... the middle ground... what we must use as a gauge is... you?  compelling.

what sort of baseball knowledge do I need to drop on this thread to legitimize myself... in your eyes? 

All I have ever said in this thread is that you are a "boo hoo, woe is me" Cubs fan.  I feel no pity for you (as you wish every reader here to) and frankly you are the one continuing the argument.  You can't just stop.  It is impossible.  You... must... have... the... last... word.

I patiently await your inevitable response.

How many times have you checked back for my response today?  ;)

You are persistent...we'll give you that much. 

I've...already...said...this...the difference between you and the other Brewer fans (wadesworld and others) that I was going back and forth with was that, while there were some unnecessary, non-baseball-related jabs going both ways, they actually used knowledge of the game to strengthen their arguments:  historical references, statistics (which, according to you, have no place in baseball discussion), player comparisons, head-to-head match-ups, etc...all you could do is say, uh..."boo hoo."  Insightful.

If you read that I was looking for a pity party from any of my posts, a subscription to Hooked On Phonics should be in your immediate future as this was also just covered a couple days ago....not true counselor.

Go MU!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2008, 10:05:26 AM »
zero times actually.  And who is this "we" you speak of? Got a turd in your pocket?

I would like to congratulate you on changing what I said completely to fit your argument.  At no time did I claim that statistics, etc. were important to the conversation.  All I did was sum up your whiny rant for what it was.  Apparently you can't put this together and fail to acknowledge how you come off.

As for me, I am not trying to debate stats or head to head matchups because they are irrelavent to the argument I am making... also, taking a quick look back through this thread I don't see many if any "statistics" except that the Cubs haven't won the WS for over 100 years.  but then, this isn't a statistic... unless you are implying some strange definition of the word that you have recently created to assist your argument.

simply put, You whined.  I called you on it (and I don't believe I was alone), and so your response is that I don't know baseball?.. 

You whined.
I called you a whiner.
You said I don't know baseball.
I sit back and laugh, and continue to troll this thread gaining more pleasure with every 'response' that I predicted you would make.

where have I heard this type of argument before?

I appreciate the Vince Lloyd and Lou Boudreaux reference...nicely done.  With success comes bandwagon fans...good and bad.  Those who have not endured a lifetime of Cubs futility don't get it and talk trash....that's when it blows up in their face and it makes others happy.  For those of us who have generations of Cubs fans in their family and remember their first game at Wrigley...and their grandfathers remember their first games, etc....it's painful.  So, when there's someone taking explicit enjoyment out of their failures (and does so on a Cubs Playoff Thread), it strikes a chord.  I think there's an unwritten rule amongst rivals where there can be as much back and forth, trash-talking etc. between the fans and enjoyment when one team beats the other....that's what makes a rivalry healthy....but piling on, ridiculing and taunting after a tough, season-ending loss is unnecessary....especially when we all have to live together during MU basketball season.

FWIW, I was also a Brewers fan growing up and remember watcing the '82 WS hoping they'd beat the Cardinals who, at the time, were probably our biggest rival.  I also enjoyed the Brewers beating the White Sox anytime they played.

that isn't a 'my feelings are hurt' whine?  OK SURE.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »
Counselor, wow...your longest response to date....nice....this must have you worked up.  Or maybe you're just feeling more comfortable....either way it's good, you probably needed to let this stuff out while feeling a little sense of personal accomplishment...maybe you'd call that a little internal quid pro quo.  But we should probably leave the law terminology to you.

What's with another poop reference here?

A person with such command over English and Latin should certainly know the different ways a simple pronoun like 'we' can be used in a sentence, no?  Must not have covered that in law school.

Getting a rise and response from a self-proclaimed troll like this is always satisfying.  Yes, you called me a whiner....hilarious.

In terms of you gaining more pleasure with every one of my 'responses'....that's frightening and frankly creeps me out.  It may be time to find another hobby or three.

I'll look forward to your MU basketball analysis over on Hangin' at the Al.....bye now.

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2008, 09:46:04 AM »
MUFan94,

Arguing on the internet???  Isn't that like winning the Special Olympics?  Does anybody really win?

Let it go.....  9 days until Midnight Madness

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2008, 11:05:40 AM »
MUFan94,

Arguing on the internet???  Isn't that like winning the Special Olympics?  Does anybody really win?

Let it go.....  9 days until Midnight Madness

Done.  Harsh Special Olympics comment.

Go MU.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:08:07 AM by MarquetteFan94 »

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »
I actually messed up the quote, here is the way it should of read..... still harsh though
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:15:33 AM by mu_hilltopper »

JSwarriors08

« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2008, 02:08:18 AM »
Low.  Very Low.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2008, 07:08:21 AM »
especially considering multiple people on this board have mentally handicapped family members, most of whom are probably some of the nicest people they know. I know my brother is.  >:(

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2008, 08:12:53 AM »
I'm gonna renew the call to lock this thing up... just way out of line.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2008, 09:25:11 AM »
I'm gonna renew the call to lock this thing up... just way out of line.

agreed, i think someone needs one of those timeouts the mods have mentioned before

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2008, 11:15:57 AM »
image removed.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2008, 03:52:53 PM »
I suppose it would be too much to ask that people realize that the fact that brewer fans need to keep making fun of cubs fans long after cubs fans stop visiting the brewers thread is evidence of WI's inferiority complex. 

Que someone saying "uh-uh, you think you are superior to us! That is why we feel the need to make your thread unbelievably long."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2008, 04:24:50 PM »
I suppose it would be too much to ask that people realize that the fact that brewer fans need to keep making fun of cubs fans long after cubs fans stop visiting the brewers thread is evidence of WI's inferiority complex. 

Que someone saying "uh-uh, you think you are superior to us! That is why we feel the need to make your thread unbelievably long."
Quite honestly for the last week or so it's been 1 Brewer fan attacking 1 Cubs fan, and that Cubs fan attacking that Brewers fan right back.  Not quite sure where you got the idea that it's a bunch of Brewers fans.  But yeah, you're right, we feel so far inferior to God's gift of a city...

But that is exactly why Brewers fans made fun of Cubs fans when the Cubs got swept out of the playoffs, because you Cubs fans say things like "Wisconsin has an inferiority complex," so when the Brewers play longer AFTER Brewers fans heard all season about how they are so far inferior to the Cubs, it's quite comical.

Glad you started this back up.  A Cubs fan, imagine that.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 04:29:14 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2008, 08:16:03 AM »
I was willing to let it go, but wade is exactly right... its that behavior that fuels threads like this.