collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryan Braun Tests Positive for PEDs  (Read 20770 times)

dwaderoy2004

• All American
Re: Ryan Braun Tests Positive for PEDs
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 09:30:56 AM »
I think that's the other problem.  MLB was accused of protecting it's stars for so long.  I just can't see how MLB can overturn this one and not come off looking a little foolish. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 09:33:51 AM »
If this does indeed turn out to be true my attitude towards MLB will sink to all time low. Bud Selig continually gets  praised as the commish and in my opinion outside of MLB making a ton money there is no integrity in the sport.

I don't get this at all. They caught him. Palmeiro, Rodriguez, Ramirez have all been outed.  What else do you want? You think the NFL is breeding 280lb linebackers that run 4.3 40s on a high protein diet?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 09:38:29 AM »
If this does indeed turn out to be true my attitude towards MLB will sink to all time low. Bud Selig continually gets  praised as the commish and in my opinion outside of MLB making a ton money there is no integrity in the sport.

On another note, if I were Aaron Rodgers I would distance myself from Braun real quickly. We just saw Jim B. support his friend of 50 years and end up with a ton of egg on his face. Unfortunately in today's soceity you have to protect yourself now more than ever.

Completely, completely different situations. If I had a friend in the MLB who was caught using PEDs and says its BS I would support them immediately (and publicly if I needed to/had the influence to). If I had a friend who was accused of molesting boys I would privately give him the support he needs, but there is no way I would go public. Being associated with a friend in a different sport who used PEDs is nowhere near the same as employing a friend who molests children and then call those victims liars.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
Wadesworld---I think anyone that watches Rodgers play QB will say he is the best or in team photo of best QB today. He is already being talked about as the greatest ever. I am not saying Rodgers has cheated, but if he were Jay Cutler you can stay friends with Braun. Why would a guy at the height of his profession take any risks that are not needed.

Every person I talked to last night was shocked about the Braun news and never expected it. I was completely shocked because I bought into his hype. There are people who said he already was greatest Brewer ever and I thought he had chance to be. I personally do not think if I were Aaron Rodgers I would want distraction of being friends with a possible cheater.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 11:49:21 AM »
If this does indeed turn out to be true my attitude towards MLB will sink to all time low. Bud Selig continually gets  praised as the commish and in my opinion outside of MLB making a ton money there is no integrity in the sport.

On another note, if I were Aaron Rodgers I would distance myself from Braun real quickly. We just saw Jim B. support his friend of 50 years and end up with a ton of egg on his face. Unfortunately in today's soceity you have to protect yourself now more than ever.

You mean the Aaron Rodgers who will be the NFL MVP and who possesses new found incredible arm strength?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 11:52:59 AM »

You mean the Aaron Rodgers who will be the NFL MVP and who possesses new found incredible arm strength?

Its a good thing the NFL doesn't test at the same levels at the MLB.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 12:04:18 PM »
4ever---That is the Aaron Rodgers I was referring to.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »
Its a good thing the NFL doesn't test at the same levels at the MLB.

I sure hope this is sarcastic. If not, wow, it's amazing how jealous some people are!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 01:23:59 PM »
I sure hope this is sarcastic. If not, wow, it's amazing how jealous some people are!!

I'm a Packers fan.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 01:26:21 PM »
I'm a Packers fan.

Haha, okay. I guess my sarcasm meter isn't the greatest!!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 01:41:41 PM »
I'm a Packer fan as well and will be anxious to see how Rodgers plays today. Thus far he has had an historic run and probably should end today. Wouldn't it be something if the Pack's perfect season ended due to Braun.

I also wonder what Packer fans would think if the Bears were defending SB champs, 12-0, Cutler was putting up Rodger's numbers and if Cutler and Braun were tight buddies. My guess is there would be a lot of speculation.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »
If anyone is following the story, it sounds like it is not PEDs or steroids but some other prohibited substance. Also, Trenni said that ESPN has made some key errors in reporting the story as far as the facts go. Basically, this is turning into a very strange story and they are saying that they've never seen a case like this. Unfortunately, it may not be resolved until January.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »
Glad to hear Trenni is on top of things!!!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 02:49:51 PM »
Quote from Braun when PED rumors surrounded A-Rod: "The best thing he can do is come out, admit to everything and be completely honest. The situation will die a lot faster if he tells the whole truth."

Take your own advice, Ryan. You cheated. Serve your time. Move on.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 02:53:09 PM »
Glad to hear Trenni is on top of things!!!
[/quote

Man, I'd like to be a fly on the wall watchin' that.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »
per mlbtraderumors.com -

5:21pm:  According to a source familiar with the case, Braun's original test for performance-enhancing drugs was "insanely high, the highest ever for anyone who has ever taken a test, twice the level of the highest test ever taken," writes Teri Thompson of the New York Daily News.

Sounds like encouraging news for Braun's appeal.  This could get really interesting.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »
So you're saying he really, really, really cheated.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2011, 08:40:57 AM »
Has MLB made a statement?  This is all from Outside the Lines.  We experienced the Chicago Tribune articles first hand.  There appears to be some question as to what the high test result was or if the test will utlimately be upheld.

As with the MU cases we witnessed this past year, I suggest people wait for this to play out before convicting Braun, much less Rodgers.  Some real winning comments in this thread.   ::)

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 08:45:18 AM »
Mac, his people have admitted he took a banned substance but that it just wasn't a PED. at this point its not a matter of if he cheated, just what he cheated with.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 09:06:55 AM »
Mac, his people have admitted he took a banned substance but that it just wasn't a PED. at this point its not a matter of if he cheated, just what he cheated with.

I had not seen that they admitted anything.  I only saw that they said he tested positive for a banned substance, which was not a PED or steroid, not that they admitted he took the banned substance.  They also said they would be vindicated.  That doesn't sound like someone who admitted taking a substance.

I was out yesterday, traveling and attending the Packer game.  I had not seen anything beyond the morning news.  If there is something, please link it (not questionning, but requesting).

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »

He never admitted to taking anything knowingly.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2011, 09:13:16 AM »

This is the link I am most familiar with:  http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135405518.html.

Again, it states it was not a PED or Steroid, but a "prohibited substance".  They also state it was the first time ever that MLB had a result like that.  It does not state he admits to taking any substance.

"A very good source on the Ryan Braun side of the drug testing controversy assures me that Braun did not test positive for a performance-enhancing drug, as reported by ESPN's "Outside the Lines."

ESPN reported that Braun tested positive for a PED that gave him an abnormally high testosterone level, which proved to be synthetic and therefore not produced by the body.

But my source -- and again, this is from Braun's end and not MLB -- familiar with the test's findings says the "prohibited substance" was not a performance-enhancing drug or steroid of any kind. And the source says there has "never" been a result like this in the history of the MLB testing program.

The source said MLB "knows that Ryan is telling the truth" and that source firmly believes the postive test will be overturned. Pretty amazing stuff, huh?

The source said more detail couldn't be provided at this time because of the ongoing legal process. But suffice it to say that this is getting more interesting by the minute. If the prohibited substance wasn't a PED, it still triggered a positive result in MLB's steroid-testing policy.

If the prohibited substance Braun tested positive for was a stimulant instead of a steroid, he wouldn't be facing a 50-game suspension. The first offense for stimulants results in a 25-game suspension."

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »

Standard operating procedure after testing positive : initially deny everything, then backtrack to the "didn't knowingly take anything".
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:13:24 PM by Lennys Tap »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2011, 09:22:17 AM »
Standard operating procedure after testing positive : initially deny everything, then backtrack to the "didn't knowingly take anything".

Oh, I'm aware.  Just refuting what that other dude claimed.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2011, 09:26:12 AM »

Maybe, maybe not.  But, the post said they have admitted to taking a substance.  At this point, I have not seen evidence of that.

Your post is speculation of what "might" happen, not what is currently known.

feedback