'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JOEY TO MU!  (Read 68510 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: JOEY TO MU!
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2017, 01:32:13 PM »
Thanks Big Daddy. Appreciated as always.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »
I'm not understanding how I am a troll if all I am suggesting is we look into getting Herro to commit with Joey.  It wouldn't be that hard to get him to switch either as he is tight with Herro.  We need to do something to elevate our program to where UW has gotten the last 4-5 years.  Talking down their commits and recruits which is commonly done on this board is not going to get us there.

TAMU

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2017, 01:33:03 PM »
What a beautiful day.  Ok now that the news is out let me clear the air.

1) Not recruiting Sam was one of the worst decisions made by UWBB in a long time.
2) Joey is a big football fan and wanting to go to a school that had a team was something on his wish list. In the end it was the only thing that he had to work around in coming to MU.
3) That is why ND popped up in the end.  To be honest, if I had to bet that if it was not MU it was going to be ND.
4) I have no idea why Evan flood had  the thought he had.  It was just the opposite of what I saw and that is that if it was  UW, MSU and MU it would be MU
5) MSU no because of distance (Driving) and overload of players.
6) UW no because of not great feelings about staff/administration.  JH liked most of the players, but it was not the "Families" first choice, but Joey was encourage to make his own choice.
7) Everyone knows that Sam was a big part, but don't underestimate how much Markus was too.   The 3 are really close.
8) Yes QG is still a target and they are now have another strong point to share with him on why MU would be a great choice.
9) Said it before, will say it again.  Theo is a bad man on the court. That was a sentiment shared by JFB, so it is not just my impression.
10) Have heard a lot in the last 24 hours about Herro.  He was convinced JH was coming to UW with him and now frustration there is no plan b or c.  The all in strategy with JH was a poor one, especially in light of the significant obstacles that were in the way for a successful recruitment.

I have to get this in too.  Wojo has developed a very good sense of where they stand with recruits.  He knew Joey was close so Wojo put the full court press on "pun intended" to close the deal.  So when it comes to QG he is not wasting his time, unless he feels that there is still an opening.  Landing Joey was big on itself, but it was step one of a 1-2 punch.  QG was told the plan and now delivering on the plan can only help.  I still don't think we are in a strong position, but we are in a better one and I think we should at least get a visit now.

That is the next hurdle for Wojo is getting a 5 start that does not have any "special" connection to MU. 

Stan seems really excited about  one "big time" recruit for 2019.  No name, just that he is really excited about it. 

Finally if anyone knows who stated that Joey had given a "soft" commit to UW please call them on it.  That was total BS.

Over and Out....

Where did JFB play Theo? The Al or Minnesota?
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »
Thanks BD.

Just out of curiosity's sake, I know this commitment is all thanks to Wojo, Sam and Markus and but do the scoop name changes get noticed?

I'll hang up and wait for your answer.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »
By the way, on Buckyville, our old friend Swenson is wondering if we will play in the new arena..

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2017, 01:37:20 PM »
'bout time ya chimed in, Pops, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2017, 01:39:52 PM »

2) Joey is a big football fan and wanting to go to a school that had a team was something on his wish list. In the end it was the only thing that he had to work around in coming to MU.

Is Joey playing HS football this fall?  I would be very concerned about this...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MU82

• All American
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2017, 01:42:16 PM »

1) Not recruiting Sam was one of the worst decisions made by UWBB in a long time.
3) That is why ND popped up in the end.  To be honest, if I had to bet that if it was not MU it was going to be ND.
4) I have no idea why Evan flood had  the thought he had.  It was just the opposite of what I saw and that is that if it was  UW, MSU and MU it would be MU
6) UW no because of not great feelings about staff/administration.  JH liked most of the players, but it was not the "Families" first choice, but Joey was encourage to make his own choice.
7) Everyone knows that Sam was a big part, but don't underestimate how much Markus was too.   The 3 are really close.
8) Yes QG is still a target and they are now have another strong point to share with him on why MU would be a great choice.
9) Said it before, will say it again.  Theo is a bad man on the court. That was a sentiment shared by JFB, so it is not just my impression.
10) Have heard a lot in the last 24 hours about Herro.  He was convinced JH was coming to UW with him and now frustration there is no plan b or c.  The all in strategy with JH was a poor one, especially in light of the significant obstacles that were in the way for a successful recruitment.

I have to get this in too.  Wojo has developed a very good sense of where they stand with recruits.  He knew Joey was close so Wojo put the full court press on "pun intended" to close the deal.  So when it comes to QG he is not wasting his time, unless he feels that there is still an opening.  Landing Joey was big on itself, but it was step one of a 1-2 punch.  QG was told the plan and now delivering on the plan can only help.  I still don't think we are in a strong position, but we are in a better one and I think we should at least get a visit now.

That is the next hurdle for Wojo is getting a 5 start that does not have any "special" connection to MU. 

Stan seems really excited about  one "big time" recruit for 2019.  No name, just that he is really excited about it. 

Finally if anyone knows who stated that Joey had given a "soft" commit to UW please call them on it.  That was total BS.

Over and Out....

Groovy stuff, Daddy-o! You da man!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2017, 01:45:25 PM »

Hopefully not.  Time to focus 100% on hoops, young man.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »
'spose y'all are gonna now change y'all names ta somethin' Grimes, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2017, 01:47:57 PM »

I don't believe so. Sam stopped after his Jr. year, and he didn't have the concussion scares that Joey has had.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2017, 02:45:49 PM »

Over and Out....

Guess he realized that B1G football is almost as painful to watch as B1G basketball

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2017, 03:02:12 PM »
Huge get boys. It didn't look good at one point. Still kind of bitter sweet though since UW has Herro. He took apart the NY2LA Summer Jam field this weekend and continues his push towards greatest Wisconsin high school player ever.
Congrats you made Scoop Takes. You're now in the dumbass Scoop Hall of Fame!
Goal is National Championship

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2017, 03:16:09 PM »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »

I'm not sure what that translates to.  Anyone?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2017, 03:32:06 PM »
Jimmy Butler approves of Theo John's basketball ability and physical presence.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2017, 03:35:17 PM »
Jimmy Butler approves of Theo John's basketball ability and physical presence.
Yeah think that is clear, but did JFB saw him play or was part of a scrimmage with him?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
I am not surprised NBA scouts are looking at Herro. I know someone in the Golden State organization has been high on him for years. Don't get wrong Joey is the deal and huge grab for us if he can stay healthy.

Herro increased his status playing EYBL this summer, which has helped him develop a lot. Herro is 25 and Hauser is 49 on ESPN rankings right now. Herro has great shot at Mcdonalds. Herro is more of a 5 star and Hauser is 4. Both great players though.

The coveted prize is Jalen Johnson right now. Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes with Herro and get this kid. Landing him would gives us legitimate show at a National Title.

I actually have a lot of NBA sources and they say they would never touch Herro.

They usually note that he just doesn't have what it takes to be a winner. All around poor skills. No clutch gene.

1 scout even said to me "is basketball really his sport of choice?".

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2017, 03:47:44 PM »
Congrats you made Scoop Takes. You're now in the dumbass Scoop Hall of Fame!

Is it time to create a Scoop version of @OldTakesExposed?

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2017, 03:50:56 PM »
Kansas ever getting involved with our guys is a scary thing. Never know what the blue bloods can work in the background even after a verbal...I'm confident after this long process Joey ends up here but always worries me when a school like Kansas starts to get involved.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2017, 04:04:56 PM »
Kansas ever getting involved with our guys is a scary thing. Never know what the blue bloods can work in the background even after a verbal...I'm confident after this long process Joey ends up here but always worries me when a school like Kansas starts to get involved.

Only start worrying if Sam's gonna transfer there, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2017, 04:10:28 PM »
Is it time to create a Scoop version of @OldTakesExposed?
That could be fun  :D

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2017, 04:20:01 PM »

Kansas has around 30 offers in play right now. They epitomize the scattershot approach to recruiting.  I don't think they will invest much time in a guy who is already committed who wasn't near the top of their big board.
TAMU

muguru

• All American
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »
So...this is the "guy" that badger fans bow down to because he correctly predicted herro to UW before anyone else, and correctly predicted a football player commit..Obviously he's not as much of an "insider" as they think he is, but I truly believe this is where all the "Joey to UW chatter originated from". he missed on this bad, and deserves to be called out for it..

It started with this in 2016...

ajmoskow
    AAVIP

Not exactly sure what the deal was before, but heard from someone that I believe to have very solid information that Hauser is a strong Wisconsin lean with the more recent update the GG will be retained full time. Seems to be 90/10 chance he will be a badger. Nothing else to say really but thought it was worth passing along. Recruiting in the next 3 years looks promising.

This was from April...

Just wanted to touch base on this. I know a lot has been said about Hauser, family relationship, interest in Mara, etc. but I have still heard from my same source that earlier statements remain true. He is a Wisconsin lean and does not like to be too public with his recruiting or thinking. I wouldn't call it a lock as of now, or he would've committed, but sticking with 90/10 chance that we land him. He does want to team up with Herro and really likes the 2017 class. I really feel that this is going to happen. That is all for now.

-AJM

June 28th...

Not sure what happened to the update I heard a few weeks ago, but it sounds like he's backed down from the earlier commitment to probably respect Marquette and/or msu through an official visit. Still have gotten confirmation from my original source that he has decided on UW and only a matter of time, so maybe just a little bit longer to wait. Today's CC is the first time I've sensed a change in tone more broadly that he is going to pick UW.

2 days later...with a GUARANTEE

Jun 30, 10:19 AM via Mobile

I mean I didn't want to anger the board or prompt doubters like in the past, combined with him continuing to drag out the decision slightly longer than I was told, but he is 100% committing UW. Only way that changes is maybe if Wojo straight up tells him Sam is gone if he doesn't go there. Book it.

5 days ago...I guess gard wasn't so happy..

Jul 19, 8:44 AM via Mobile

While the CC has some solid Joey updates this morning, I'm still very confident in what I was told that Gard and co. will be very happy after their talk this week.

And finally...after Joey's commit..he mentioned in one more post that the first part was a joke about marquette being Wisconsin..

I guess my source kept relaying "Wisconsin" but he thought Marquette was Wisconsin. So the July timing was also correct just misunderstood the team. But really, must've done some deep soul searching and decided he can make it from anywhere and would rather be with his brother. Probably a much worse decision for all of the reasons already stated, but on to the next. I'll make sure to get you guys another good scoop to make up for it, but don't forget about Herro and JT quite yet!

Absolute pure gold how they were hanging on every word he said.  :)

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

feedback