[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hoya suxa  (Read 18016 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: Hoya suxa
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2022, 12:56:44 PM »
2) Ners, feel free to provide your list of bigger coaching mistakes than dropping 2 seed lines because of poor lineup choices and you have a leg to stand on.

Duh - getting killed by Kansas State in a closed scrimmage.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2022, 01:13:33 PM »
Team larg lead   win margin    delta
GT.       26.          11.             -15
JKST.    32.          19.             -13

Might want to check that math on JSU.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2022, 01:35:50 PM »
Half of these folks thought Shaka put together a NIT bubble team and now are criticizing coaching moves, which makes me laugh.

Goose, you directly blamed Shaka for the Creighton loss and, if I recall correctly, you also were not happy with his coaching in the first UConn loss. You consider Shaka this program's savior, but you were nonetheless criticizing coaching moves. Does that make you laugh, too?

Scoop is filled with absurd takes, but whining about Shaka's coaching in the Georgetown game is among the most absurd.

Remember when one Scooper made probably 200 posts relentlessly criticizing a Marquette coach for a perfectly executed last-second play that let us inexplicably beat Creighton in 2019? IIRC, that Scooper's repeated screaming of his absurd take ended up contributing to him receiving a year-long Scoopcation. Good times!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2022, 02:34:57 PM »
Might want to check that math on JSU.
Whoops-My 3rd grade math teacher would be disappointed.

Shaka gave a ton of time to the frosh in that game, and they maintained the lead (actually increased it). Based upon this outing, Shaka may have thought they could maintain the GT lead.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2022, 10:22:47 PM »
Goose, you directly blamed Shaka for the Creighton loss and, if I recall correctly, you also were not happy with his coaching in the first UConn loss. You consider Shaka this program's savior, but you were nonetheless criticizing coaching moves. Does that make you laugh, too?

Remember when one Scooper made probably 200 posts relentlessly criticizing a Marquette coach for a perfectly executed last-second play that let us inexplicably beat Creighton in 2019? IIRC, that Scooper's repeated screaming of his absurd take ended up contributing to him receiving a year-long Scoopcation. Good times!

I do!!  Are you referring to Wojo's brilliant decision to have Markus Howard inbound the ball with 1 second left and Sam Hauser hitting a 27 foot fade away 3 in which none of the action of the play freed Sam for a good look?  What's absurd is those of you who argued it was good coaching.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion.  That was a classic example of the ProJo's being sooo dug-in that they couldn't acknowledge it was idiotic to take your most lethal weapon out of the play and making him the inbounder.  I mean executing that inbounds pass was easy and something any high major guard/forward could do with ease.

As for being banned multiple times for not relenting on Wojo's god-awful coaching?   I'm not embarrassed about that in the least.  Those of you who were prolific Wojo defenders and pleaded to the mods for me to be banned?  Well, personally I'd be embarrassed if I were on that side of the debate - and for pleading to the mods to ban a poster who ultimately was right on target with his early analysis that Wojo didn't have "it."

Thanks for bringing something from 2019 into the mix though..this is how threads devolve into Wojo discussion.  Good times!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2022, 10:27:53 PM »
I do!!  Are you referring to Wojo's brilliant decision to have Markus Howard inbound the ball with 1 second left and Sam Hauser hitting a 27 foot fade away 3 in which none of the action of the play freed Sam for a good look?  What's absurd is those of you who argued it was good coaching.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion.  That was a classic example of the ProJo's being sooo dug-in that they couldn't acknowledge it was idiotic to take your most lethal weapon out of the play and making him the inbounder.  I mean executing that inbounds pass was easy and something any high major guard/forward could do with ease.

As for being banned multiple times for not relenting on Wojo's god-awful coaching?   I'm not embarrassed about that in the least.  Those of you who were prolific Wojo defenders and pleaded to the mods for me to be banned?  Well, personally I'd be embarrassed if I were on that side of the debate - and for pleading to the mods to ban a poster who ultimately was right on target with his early analysis that Wojo didn't have "it."

Thanks for bringing something from 2019 into the mix though..this is how threads devolve into Wojo discussion.  Good times!

You were wrong then; you’re wrong now.

And while we’re on absurd Ners takes …

Dawson > Rowsey. Preach!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2022, 12:03:48 AM »
Georgetown jumped from 213 to 197 when they were blown out by double digits by MU. Up next is Nova, DePaul, UCONN, Seton Hall and Xavier. Because of their cupcake OOC schedule and the long COVID layoff, Georgetown will continue to rise in the rankings as their SOS will mathematically improve despite losing all five. Win one, and even better (add in the BET). Net, NET, MU's bad double digit win adjusted efficiency margin coaching error will wind up be inconsequential.

That loss to Butler on the other hand...

Georgetown loses badly to Nova. Moves up to 190. Idle MU moves up back to 35. Pearl Clutching Sidewalks in a lather.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2022, 01:51:44 AM »

I was pissed at Shaka at the first UConn game and Creighton game, happens to be games we lost. The lineup against Georgetown did not cause the team to lose the game. I am sure Shaka will piss me off many times over this career at MU, but winning a game by 11 will not be one of those moments.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2022, 05:19:37 AM »

I was pissed at Shaka at the first UConn game and Creighton game, happens to be games we lost. The lineup against Georgetown did not cause the team to lose the game. I am sure Shaka will piss me off many times over this career at MU, but winning a game by 11 will not be one of those moments.

RPI doesn't matter anymore. NET is the metric and style points absolutely matter.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2022, 10:06:25 AM »

Goose, what often happens with these kinds of debates is that those with different viewpoints dig in, and it appears that there are extremes at play.

Again, I am not "outraged" by anything Shaka did. I don't think it was "terrible" or it "cost us huge" or any of the extreme language others are trying to attach to it.

What I've articulated here is a minor nitpick. I'm guessing that you have a few of those as you watch a Marquette game, even those we win, regardless of who the coach is. I think you'll agree that saying to oneself, "Well, that inbounds play wasn't good" is not the same as saying, "I hate the coach, he's such an idiot."

I want the same thing you do -- for Marquette to have as good a season as possible, including a nice NCAA tournament run. I believe that being seeded higher would increase the odds of that happening, and based on the way Shaka has coached most of the time he seems to believe it too.

I happen to think that Shaka's decision to keep 4 relative newbies on the court together for an extended period wasn't a good one and that what resulted might contribute to us falling by a seed. You apparently disagree, and that's cool.

It's almost time to crush Creighton. We Are Marquette!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2022, 10:24:08 AM »

Other than finding that lineup and stretch of play hard to watch, I only cared they won the game. If others find it reason to be upset, really do not care and happy to see the program has made that progress in a short period of team that this is a concern for some folks.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2022, 11:55:01 AM »
You were wrong then; you’re wrong now.

And while we’re on absurd Ners takes …

Dawson > Rowsey. Preach!

Rowsey was better than Dawson offensively.  A sieve defensively, not a Big East body.  So like in all things Wojo era offense trumped any semblance of physical defense.  But, ultimately Rowsey was a better player so I was wrong.

You thinking Wojo was the goods for roughly 6 years and the play call at Creighton was good coaching is laughable.  I've said a number of times you have good basketball insights/in-game analysis.  Your optimism on Wojo and that out of bounds play at Creighton weren't two of them.   8-)