'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nico  (Read 22496 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Nico
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2018, 12:30:09 PM »

Think at this stage guys like Akanno and Bishop are better fits for what the program needs - guys who likely are more willing to labor for a couple years before making big marks as upperclassmen.

Can you ever imagine Duke, Kentucky, UNC or other top program ever thinking guys on the wrong side of the top 100 or 200  are preferable to a 5*? Me neither.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2018, 01:13:27 PM »
Can you ever imagine Duke, Kentucky, UNC or other top program ever thinking guys on the wrong side of the top 100 or 200  are preferable to a 5*? Me neither.

Understand your point, and the short answer is "No."  You'd know better than me, but didn't Al somewhat limit how he stacked five-star talent on top of five-star talent?  Granted, McEwen, and Elliott weren't 5-star recruits out of high school, but both have proven themselves to be great prospects.  Not to mention Markus was a 5-star.

Yes, it would have been great to land Nico, yet I think we still stand a great chance of success next season assuming Wojo can turn in good/solid coaching.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2018, 03:30:58 PM »
One problem with your logic. The guy that Duke or Kansas gets instead of Mannion will likely be close to his equal. The guy we get won't. When you're routinely signing 5* players missing out on one isn't so painful.

Hard to argue with that, Lenny. Good point.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »
You’re the only person who says this.

How miserable it must be to go through life with every thought being negative, as is joyless willie's case.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2018, 03:41:09 PM »

Well clearly Wojo wanted Mannion so we should. But there are more ways to build a program than through five stars.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2018, 04:37:22 PM »
You’re the only person who says this.
No Sultan, you know better. But keep up the 100%.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »
Hard to sign 5 stars coming off NIT seasons,  with the close seconds we have had, on these types, a few consecutive years of decent BE finishes and NCAA appearances and I am confident these almosts will turn into commitments.  Wojo n stan are doing a great job but thelack of winning is too much to overcome imo.
So...."doing a great job"="lack of winning"?

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »
Hard to sign 5 stars coming off NIT seasons,  with the close seconds we have had, on these types, a few consecutive years of decent BE finishes and NCAA appearances and I am confident these almosts will turn into commitments.  Wojo n stan are doing a great job but thelack of winning is too much to overcome imo.

Where have we heard this before......

Crean had a few good runs as did Buzz. Did that lead to recruiting Nirvana? If recruiting were only that simple you might be correct. Five star dudes are really really tough to get.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2018, 04:53:03 PM »

Nope. No one has said this but you.

And you’re a miserable little prick.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2018, 06:10:36 PM »
Where have we heard this before......

Crean had a few good runs as did Buzz. Did that lead to recruiting Nirvana? If recruiting were only that simple you might be correct. Five star dudes are really really tough to get.

This is probably the correct way to look at it. For as much as we won in the later years under Buzz, he was never able to snag that five star after Vander.

If anything Wojo and co. have been much more successful at big game hunting than Buzz was even with two S16s and an Elite 8.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
How many top 10s did crean or buzz come in second on??  To wojos credit i think he has been anneven better recruiter tgan either of them.  And i think if we can get into tge tourney the next two years, which we should ourvrecruiting will taking an even higher step up.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2018, 07:34:53 PM »

There is exactly one time someone said this other than you.  And it was a sarcastic post.  So I guess you got that going for you.

Good work willie.  Making fun of exactly nobody.  Consistently. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2018, 11:25:27 PM »
So...."doing a great job"="lack of winning"?

Great job in recruiting,  coaching has been suspect.  Talent trumps all tho and we should be good on the court, which i believe will allow them to achieve even greater future sucess in recruiting

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2018, 06:19:10 AM »
There is exactly one time someone said this other than you.  And it was a sarcastic post.  So I guess you got that going for you.

Good work willie.  Making fun of exactly nobody.  Consistently.
Sorry  did not realize that sarcasm is only allowed for some on this board which I now know that only Sultans opinions are ones to behold. Since I have now been chastised properly and Sultans name calling has appropriately been tolerated I will now revert to the group thinking desired, Worship Wonderful Wojo. Thanks to those that have shown me the error of my ways

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »
Sorry  did not realize that sarcasm is only allowed for some on this board which I now know that only Sultans opinions are ones to behold. Since I have now been chastised properly and Sultans name calling has appropriately been tolerated I will now revert to the group thinking desired, Worship Wonderful Wojo. Thanks to those that have shown me the error of my ways

Two points willie.  It does seem sometimes that you are a one trick pony only pointing out things when the program comes up short.  Second, i absolutely cringed when I saw the personal attack levied against you.  Anyway, so goes Scoop I suppose.  But it shouldn't be that way.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2018, 08:16:16 AM »
Two points willie.  It does seem sometimes that you are a one trick pony only pointing out things when the program comes up short.  Second, i absolutely cringed when I saw the personal attack levied against you.  Anyway, so goes Scoop I suppose.  But it shouldn't be that way.

🙄

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2018, 08:19:18 AM »
🙄

Okay Sultan, we've gone down this path before.  Let's leave it alone.  Have a pleasant day.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2018, 08:20:53 AM »
Okay Sultan, we've gone down this path before.  Let's leave it alone.  Have a pleasant day.

Lol.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2018, 09:11:40 AM »

Correct and not sure why Sultans political quip is allowed either, when it is supposed to be a politics free board

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2018, 09:13:52 AM »
'Cuz da Pontiff has spoken, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2018, 09:40:04 AM »
Correct and not sure why Sultans political quip is allowed either, when it is supposed to be a politics free board

You can hide signatures Mr. Snowflake.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2018, 09:49:02 AM »
For the record .. I have signatures hidden, so I only find out when people report them. 

Unfortunately, we can't edit them, we can only cajole users to change them, and only have one recourse (banning) when they do not.

I have recently asked users to do this. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2018, 10:47:09 AM »
For the record .. I have signatures hidden, so I only find out when people report them. 

Unfortunately, we can't edit them, we can only cajole users to change them, and only have one recourse (banning) when they do not.

I have recently asked users to do this.

Can I mute everyone's signature except for PTM's 5 year old burn against TT??

🏀

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2018, 10:52:01 AM »
Can I mute everyone's signature except for PTM's 5 year old burn against TT??

#neverforget

alexius23

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2018, 11:29:22 AM »
Disappointed but not shocked

feedback