collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Oscar thoughts  (Read 1080 times)

Buchec18

• Starter
Oscar thoughts
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:42:51 AM »
Anyone watch the Oscars last night? I know most awards shows are rubbish, but I always like watching the Oscars. Anything surprise you?

I've never seen the King's Speech, but from the critics opinion I thought it would steal the show, and it did.

My favorite moment was when Trent Reznor of (my favorite band) Nine Inch Nails won and Oscar for Best Original Score on the Social Network. From NIN to winning an Oscar, this man is a pure genius and one of the greatest composers.

Your thoughts?

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
Re: Oscar thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 10:45:41 AM »
James and Anne were awful.....made it very boring for me.

I wish there was more respect for Inception, but overall was very happy with portman and bale winning, both of which i thought would win after seeing those movies.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:56:58 AM »
I thought the hosting was mmeeeh. Franco looked stoned and never looked in the camera and kinda had that aire of "i dont really care to be here doing this right now", which is probably what his role was meant to be and let Hathaway be the straight man of the group. Hathaway did alright but was really, as was said on Bob and Brian this AM, "gushy" about the stars that that she introduced. While Franco didnt show much enthusiasm, Hathaway showed tooo much.

all in all, it was more or less a cookie cutter award show IMO.

Surprised that Social Network didnt do better as I feel that was the most talked about movie of the year. Very glad the Jesse Eisenberg didnt when best actor... would not be able to live through life hearing him referred to as Oscar Winner Jesse Eisenberg. I shudder even thinking about it.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

groove

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:19:27 AM »
Robertson was one of the best of all-time.  He averaged a triple-double one season... oh, ok, nm

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 11:36:11 AM »
Many people are calling the show the worst one ever.  Apparently Franco was tweeting constantly throughout the show.  Maybe that's why he kept holding a phone on stage?

Billy Crystal's five minutes on stage were the best part.  Maybe they should bring him back as the host.

I did enjoy Christian Bale saying, "I'm not going to drop the F bomb like she did.  I've done that enough lately".

feedback