collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Best Electives at MU  (Read 27016 times)

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: Best Electives at MU
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 02:10:53 PM »
His Herbert Hoover wasn't half bad either. LBJ to Hoover - shows his range.

His Hubert Humphrey was probably my favorite.  Especially directly contrasted with his Richard Nixon and Douglas MacArthur. 

I still got an A.

C League Champs

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »
Gangs with Tom Kukowski AKA Tommy K. Really funny guy, MPD officer, and he only has you there for an hour max everyday since that's all of his "attention span." Class is optional, but I went to all of them because of how cool it was.

3 or 4 tests that are directly from the notes.

You watch Gangland and other gang videos he has in his stash and learn about Milwaukee, Chicago, and LA gangs. Awesome stories that I tell friends about all the time.

Go to the final class and watch the video of the "superhero of Milwaukee" 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
4never's 3rd year of dental school class that he teaches, "expertise in oral exploration and hygiene" made PTM a man.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »
4never's 3rd year of dental school class that he teaches, "expertise in oral exploration and hygiene" made PTM a man.

When's its free dental care on campus, who can turn it down?

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 11:54:17 PM »
White Collar Crime with Ed Bauman was the easiest class ive taken so far at MU by far.  The grade is based on a mid term, a final and a group presentation.  The teacher also gives you every single question on the test before the test day.  If you are not mentally challanged, you will get an A in this class

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 10:31:59 AM »
White Collar Crime with Ed Bauman was the easiest class ive taken so far at MU by far.  The grade is based on a mid term, a final and a group presentation.  The teacher also gives you every single question on the test before the test day.  If you are not mentally challanged, you will get an A in this class

That class was disgustingly easy.
If you get an A on the mid-term and presentation and are a graduating senior, you don't have to take the final.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »
John Grams passed away earlier this year. RIP easiest class ever

http://www.marquette.edu/newsbriefs/2011/Students/March-2011-Students/March-17-11-NB-STUDENTS.html#a2

If you're actually into music check out History of Rock 'N Roll w/ Naylor. The class is not offered every term nor is it an easy A.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »
White Collar Crime

...especially if Ed Baumann (Pewaukee Police Chief) is teaching it - he may only teach it in the Spring because he coaches football in the Fall.
The "average fan" is an idiot.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »
White Collar Crime

...especially if Ed Baumann (Pewaukee Police Chief) is teaching it - he may only teach it in the Spring because he coaches football in the Fall.

I took this class in Spring '09. I'll never forget when he unholstered his gun and put it on his desk as he was handing out a test, as though to say, "I dare you to cheat"

2TimeWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 08:28:12 AM »
#1 for McAdams JFK class

History of Baseball was an interesting class taught by Prof. Hylton of the law school.  Definately not a a blow off though.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
Can't remember the name, but it wasn't that. The professor was serious, but I sure wasn't. Easy A.

I took that class also.  $2 buzz before class and go watch a movie.  Easy A and saw some decent movies as I remember.  The Wild Bunch, The Candidate and Dog Day Afternoon were 3 we saw.

Another great elective was "Basketball Physics" at the Varsity.  Attendance was optional and we got to bring in a half sheet of paper with as much as you could possibly write on it, front and back, to the midterm and final.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 10:13:46 AM »
JFK Assassination with McAdams.

Great Class. Incredibly interesting, writing intensive, but rather easy

http://www.marquette.edu/newsbriefs/2011/Students/March-2011-Students/March-17-11-NB-STUDENTS.html#a2

RIP Grams.
Only prof to say shut the unnatural carnal knowledge up in class and I respected him for it.

His history of Early broadcasting and Radio production classes quite good as well. If they're still offered, see who's taken over and try to fit it in

History of Television is another good class. Was a tues/thurs when I was there. 1/2 lecture, Half TV show
od
If you're actually into music check out History of Rock 'N Roll w/ Naylor. The class is not offered every term nor is it an easy A.

eroc830

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »
I took this class in Spring '09. I'll never forget when he unholstered his gun and put it on his desk as he was handing out a test, as though to say, "I dare you to cheat"

The first thing he said during the first class was, "You will get an 'A' in this class, unless you don't want to, or you are an idiot."  Its real easy and actually enjoyable to attend some days, and if not then you just take a nap in class.  I took it with about 15 buddies and it was well worth it.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 10:32:24 PM »

So sad to hear.

He wasn't "enthralling" but the topic piqued my interest. His recordings of his personal interviews with Jazz's heavy hitters just amazed me. I didn't use anyone's papers and just wrote my own because I love music.

Two more things: 1) He introduced me to the wonderful world of Bunny Berigan and 2) who knew he wrote books on toy trains!

Not an easy 'A' but I totally recommend "Gross Anatomy". Dr. Rajala led my class but I still talk about dissecting a human body today with my classes, my friends...it's a once in a lifetime experience. You really appreciate the "machines" that humans are.

Here was a continuing ed class description: http://www.marquette.edu/health-sciences/continuing-ed-grossupper.shtml
SS Marquette