Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo Ryan retiring end of semester  (Read 76650 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Bo Ryan retiring end of semester
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2015, 08:58:39 PM »
So, this is not the Associated Press and I'm not saying this is the truth…but…the rumor is in this neighborhood:

1.  Bo had inappropriate relationship with a younger woman
2.  Younger woman had some loose associations with very sketchy characters
3.  Very sketchy characters made Bo and his family's life hell (which is sad)
4.  Things got potentially escalated in the last week
5.  One of said sketchy characters was murdered in Madison last Friday night/Saturday morning.
6.  Nothing incriminating at all toward Bo but bad decisions led to peripheral attachment to an ugly situation which would bring embarrassment, shame and distraction to the University and program.
7.  On top of an already odd and tense situation…well…you can see the timing issue.

I like playing detective: http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Madison-Police-investigate-death-on-East-side-361663111.html

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2015, 09:21:15 PM »
I did the same thing.

It's easy to find when Madison has had only 5 murders this year.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2015, 09:43:01 PM »
There might be a chance that his teams played more conservative on the court than he did off the court.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2015, 09:59:12 PM »
New meaning for the swing offense?   8-)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2015, 10:01:43 PM »
jsglow

Very well done.

Da 'Lanche

• All American

Goose

• All American
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2015, 10:27:06 PM »
Actually a potentially very sad ending to a remarkable career. If story is true, I feel badly for all parties involved. Hate UW and everyone in the program but hope he can leave town in peace.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2015, 10:35:17 PM »
New meaning for the swing offense?   8-)

Have we been mispronouncing the schwing offense all these years?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #183 on: December 16, 2015, 11:05:02 PM »
With news like this, its gonna be very difficult for MU to keep up its reputation as the squirmy program in the state.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2015, 06:43:07 AM »
We've enjoyed picking on our neighbors to the west but it's certainly true that Bo was a fantastic coach, ran an outstanding program, and has remained committed to the state throughout his career.  I really do hope that he gets to enjoy his retirement with his family and friends.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2015, 07:24:25 AM »
With news like this, its gonna be very difficult for MU to keep up its reputation as the squirmy program in the state.
BTW - and i'm sure this is obvious - #'s 2-6 on the list are the internet feeding on itself and let's see if the conspiracy theory can grow to an obscene point. 

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2015, 07:26:31 AM »
We've enjoyed picking on our neighbors to the west but it's certainly true that Bo was a fantastic coach, ran an outstanding program, and has remained committed to the state throughout his career.  I really do hope that he gets to enjoy his retirement with his family and friends.

I hope he does also,  but only if he deserves to enjoy his retirement. If he did something wrong he should get what he deserves and not walk away because he is Bo Ryan.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2015, 07:35:56 AM »
Hopefully Bo didn't pull a Pitino and was able to spend more than 3 seconds in da lane, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2015, 07:45:51 AM »
Hopefully Bo didn't pull a Pitino and was able to spend more than 3 seconds in da lane, ai na?

Hell, at his age I would be impressed if he could actually make it work, unless he has grampas little helper.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2015, 07:50:43 AM »
So, this is not the Associated Press and I'm not saying this is the truth…but…the rumor is in this neighborhood:

5.  One of said sketchy characters was murdered in Madison last Friday night/Saturday morning.
6.  Nothing incriminating at all toward Bo but bad decisions led to peripheral attachment to an ugly situation which would bring embarrassment, shame and distraction to the University and program.
7.  On top of an already odd and tense situation…well…you can see the timing issue.

There, I said  (or wrote) it.   BTW, the person who told me this has the absolute utmost respect and like for Bo and considers him a man with integrity and ethics who potentially made some bad decisions.

Just saying what everyone is alluding to….not saying it is true…the internet may be a wonderful tool of hyping speculation, rumor and gossip…but, his timing on all this is odd to say the least….if he was doing this to secure the long term prospects for Gard…could not have been more poorly orchestrated.    Let's see if more comes out….if not…I'm guilty of fueling horrible character assassination through speculation…but, eff it…it is a message board and it is not like I have to protect my self or my "sources."   

Again…did not mean to sound like a pseudo-insider….now I sound like a wild rumor monger….I am neither….or both…but happy where our program is heading.

More scotch anyone?

Better than I imagined! Much appreciated!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2015, 07:53:17 AM »

Eff that, the guy's ego was & is ridiculously out of control. The deification of Bo has always sickened me, and it annoyed me even more when MU fans feed into it.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2015, 08:00:40 AM »

UW Athletics does not have a "bottomless well of taxpayer dollars."

Bo Ryan is (was) the highest-paid public employee in the State of Wisconsin. There's certainly plenty of resources available.

Can you put together TC, Buzz or even Als record against top 4 seeds? That's not a horrible record considering 2 of those losses were in the final last year.

Crean went 2-2 vs. Top 4 seeds at Marquette (Beat Pittsburgh & Kentucky, Lost to Kansas, Stanford). He's since gone 0-2 vs. Top 4 seeds at Indiana (Lost to Kentucky and Syracuse).

Buzz went 2-3 (Beat Syracuse and Miami, lost to Missouri, North Carolina, and Syracuse)

Al doesn't have a record against Top 4 seeds because the NCAA Tournament did not begin seeding as we know it until 1979.

My point is that Ryan's "record of NCAA success" largely rests on beating up on teams no one would consider contenders. Hell, Buzz Williams won more games against higher-seeded teams (3) than Bo Ryan did (2). Ryan should be commended for getting Bucky to the tournament consistently, but his record once they got there is mixed at best.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:15:25 AM by Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup »
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2015, 08:07:42 AM »
Bo Ryan is (was) the highest-paid public employee in the State of Wisconsin. There's certainly plenty of resources available.

Wojo is the highest-paid employee of Marquette.  Is Marquette a "bottomless well of dollars"?
Have some patience, FFS.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #193 on: December 17, 2015, 08:08:43 AM »
Bo's not as big a fan of the traditional as we thought?
No Finish Line

MU82

• All American
« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2015, 08:13:37 AM »

There, I said  (or wrote) it.   BTW, the person who told me this has the absolute utmost respect and like for Bo and considers him a man with integrity and ethics who potentially made some bad decisions.

Just saying what everyone is alluding to….not saying it is true…the internet may be a wonderful tool of hyping speculation, rumor and gossip…but, his timing on all this is odd to say the least….if he was doing this to secure the long term prospects for Gard…could not have been more poorly orchestrated.    Let's see if more comes out….if not…I'm guilty of fueling horrible character assassination through speculation…but, eff it…it is a message board and it is not like I have to protect my self or my "sources."   

Again…did not mean to sound like a pseudo-insider….now I sound like a wild rumor monger….I am neither….or both…but happy where our program is heading.

More scotch anyone?

I feel a little dirtier having read that ... but I did enjoy it.

Nicely done. A pleasant contrast to those claiming to have insider knowledge of this or that but refusing to divulge any of it.

Now ... time for a shower!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »

Being a highly paid state employee has nothing to do with tax dollars.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/writers/pat_schneider/athletics-says-it-contributes-more-than-m-a-year-to/article_d053c924-a3c9-11e3-bef2-0019bb2963f4.html

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2015, 10:00:03 AM »
BTW - and i'm sure this is obvious - #'s 2-6 on the list are the internet feeding on itself and let's see if the conspiracy theory can grow to an obscene point.

This.  There have been rumors around Madison for a long time... ever since Bret B was cruising State St for coeds, people have been saying more and more things about Bo.  So whether there's any truth to that or not, it isn't exactly breaking news.

Of course, the staleness of rumors is not going to stop some "enterprising" people from trying to cash in, i.e. if #3 is true, then it's likely that #1 & #2 didn't lead to #3... #1 and #2 were the result of #3.

What probably happened is someone was trying to extort money from Bo, and whoever was working that #3, somebody worked up a #5 on them (or someone they knew).  If you want crazy rumors, start with those two, forget about #1,2,4,6 & 7 and work from there... in other words, these are Bo Ryan rumors we're talking about; don't half-ass it, go all in, and leave the fluff behind.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to Christmas next weekend with my extended family, if for nothing else, just to find out what's going through their heads right now.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

swimmer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2015, 10:01:29 AM »
Ummm, are there any mods around here?  This thread needs to be blown up.  If something scandalous is behind Bo's sudden retirement, I'm sure it will come to light through the proper avenues in due time.  No need for the ugly rumor mongering. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
This.  There have been rumors around Madison for a long time... ever since Bret B was cruising State St for coeds, people have been saying more and more things about Bo.  So whether there's any truth to that or not, it isn't exactly breaking news.

If there is any truth to Bo's infidelities and potential impaction on his departure......it will certainly be breaking news....at least on Scoop.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #199 on: December 17, 2015, 10:11:28 AM »
Ummm, are there any mods around here?  This thread needs to be blown up.  If something scandalous is behind Bo's sudden retirement, I'm sure it will come to light through the proper avenues in due time.  No need for the ugly rumor mongering.

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback