* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coaching Carousel 2017  (Read 102501 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Coaching Carousel 2017
« Reply #350 on: March 31, 2017, 02:56:51 PM »
Georgetown put out strong feelers to Xavier's Chris Mack at $4 million per year, source told ESPN. Mack staying at Xavier. - Jeff Goodman

Damnit Georgetown, at least poach a coach from a different league, you asshats.

If this is true, it means a lot of things.   First, the narrative from another thread about the ethnicity of the next coach is now obsolete.   Second, Mack is a good coach who likes being at his alma mater.    Third, Georgetown isn't making much progress.   Fourth, I must concur that they are asshats for attempting to snag yet another coach from another league opponent.  (Cooley)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:03:44 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #351 on: March 31, 2017, 03:00:10 PM »
If GTown's not careful, only the needy will even answer their phones.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #352 on: March 31, 2017, 03:01:15 PM »
If this is true, it means a lot of things.   First, the narrative from another thread about the ethnicity of the next coach is now obsolete.   Second, Mack is a good coach who likes being at his alma mater.    Third, Georgetown isn't making much progress.   Fourth, I mus concur that they are asshats for attempting to snag yet another coach from another league opponent.  (Cooley)

Is Wojo next?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #353 on: March 31, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
This has been a very quiet search. I kind of hope Crean gets it. However, I think it would have happened by now. Although, they may be still shooting for the stars based on the Mack news. Granted, Casual Hoya isn't buying it and thinks it's just for a raise.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #354 on: March 31, 2017, 03:04:28 PM »
If this is true, it means a lot of things.   First, the narrative from another thread about the ethnicity of the next coach is now obsolete.   Second, Mack is a good coach who likes being at his alma mater.    Third, Georgetown isn't making much progress.   Fourth, I mus concur that they are asshats for attempting to snag yet another coach from another league opponent.  (Cooley)

I honestly think they are finding out that that job isn't what a lot of their fans/media think it is..They have been rejected now by...Brey, Smart, Mack, Hurley, Cooley and probably others that haven't been made public. They waited entirely too long to fire JTIII, that's the biggest problem here. I know their fans would hate it, but I can't see Amaker rejecting it if he was offered. I think they want a big fish, but are finding out that no one wants to deal with the spector of JTII looming over them. Still no idea why they don't offer it to Crean, he'd do great there. I'm just not sure if he's an east coast guy.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #355 on: March 31, 2017, 03:04:58 PM »
Is Wojo next?

Now that would be interesting.    Returning to the area of his youth.   And while I know it was teal, if MU goes to the tourney next year, it will no longer be a joke. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #356 on: March 31, 2017, 03:06:38 PM »
Now that would be interesting.    Returning to the area of his youth.   And while I know it was teal, if MU goes to the tourney next year, it will no longer be a joke.

Wojo is comfortable where he is at.  He is building something.  He is going nowhere anytime soon.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #357 on: March 31, 2017, 03:06:49 PM »
I honestly think they are finding out that that job isn't what a lot of their fans/media think it is..They have been rejected now by...Brey, Smart, Mack, Hurley, Cooley and probably others that haven't been made public. They waited entirely too long to fire JTIII, that's the biggest problem here. I know their fans would hate it, but I can't see Amaker rejecting it if he was offered. I think they want a big fish, but are finding out that no one wants to deal with the spector of JTII looming over them. Still no idea why they don't offer it to Crean, he'd do great there. I'm just not sure if he's an east coast guy.
I don't think they would view Crean as an improvement over JTIII.   If they end up settling for Crean, it is going to be a huge punch in the nads to Hoya nation. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #358 on: March 31, 2017, 03:07:34 PM »
Wojo is comfortable where he is at.  He is building something.  He is going nowhere anytime soon.

I agree, with the exception of Duke.    However, two straight tourney appearances will cause the feelers to start coming from other places. 

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #359 on: March 31, 2017, 03:07:55 PM »

Has it been reported that Hurley turned them down?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #360 on: March 31, 2017, 03:08:22 PM »
I agree, with the exception of Duke.    However, two straight tourney appearances will cause the feelers to start coming from other places.

Yah, the feelers will come, and he will stay put unless Duke comes calling (they won't).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #361 on: March 31, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »
I've stopped thinking any coach out there won't ever leave except for one single job.  Everybody has a price, and it's not always a monetary price.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #362 on: March 31, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »

I saw he got a 1 year extension in the last day or two. Not sure if that is definitive, but probably an indicator he isn't going.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #363 on: March 31, 2017, 03:14:25 PM »

It is speculated that he did, because his name was supposedly one mentioned and hurley just signed an extension yesterday i believe.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #364 on: March 31, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »
I tink y'all are in da nile if ya believe Steve woodn't bee interested in utter gigs than Dook. Da coachin' landscape is fluid and changes yearly. Plus deez dudes all have egos beyond measurement. Dey can bee gowne if da proper hello is ant yelled der wey. And, of course, da door swings both weys, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #365 on: March 31, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »
It is speculated that he did, because his name was supposedly one mentioned and hurley just signed an extension yesterday i believe.

Gotcha. Missed that.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2017, 03:16:19 PM »
I tink y'all are in da nile if ya believe Steve woodn't bee interested in utter gigs than Dook. Da coachin' landscape is fluid and changes yearly. Plus deez dudes all have egos beyond measurement. Dey can bee gowne if da proper hello is ant yelled der wey. And, of course, da door swings both weys, hey?

Kinda like you, am I right, or am I right?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2017, 03:18:37 PM »
If Stans name came up for Georgetown , it would be cause for concern.  That would start a real feud .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »
If Stans name came up for Georgetown , it would be cause for concern.  That would start a real feud .

::)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »

Stan is nowhere near Georgetown's radar, I promise you.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2017, 03:23:30 PM »
Stan is nowhere near Georgetown's radar, I promise you.
Thanks for the assurance . I can sleep better at night now .
            ---Al McGuire

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »
So where does JT III go?

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #372 on: March 31, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »

I read this and thought "somebody's trolling MUFNY".  Then I saw who posted it...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #373 on: March 31, 2017, 03:31:28 PM »
So where does JT III go?
He will tag team with Steve Lavin in the Fox Sports Studio.
            ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #374 on: March 31, 2017, 03:35:54 PM »
So where does JT III go?

He can come coach some defense at MU, ai'na?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback