[Today at 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[Today at 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crowd For Saturday  (Read 11624 times)

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
Crowd For Saturday
« on: January 25, 2017, 08:42:32 AM »
I am not trying to turn this into a "The Student Section Better Show Up...." type post, but am legitimately curious if anyone knows what the ticket sales look like for Saturday.

The atmosphere was great last night despite a smaller crowd than I anticipated. 

I hope there are few more butts in the seats come Saturday.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Crowd For Saturday
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »
Last night was the kind of win that gets people's attention. I think we see an attendance bump.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:25:43 AM »
If my daughter did have a competition this Saturday, I'd be making the drive from Indy.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 09:29:20 AM »
I'm there for all Saturday afternoon and evening games against Big East or legitimate non-conference opponents. This Saturday will be no different. GO WARRIORS!
GO WARRIORS!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
Should be a huge attendance boost for the students. Sadly i wont be there as skipping three days for nova is enough missed school.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 09:38:56 AM »
I was looking for tickets earlier this week, and I saw more seats available than I was expecting. Hopefully last night's win will change that, though! It would be great to see a crowd in the 17K-18K range to keep this momentum going.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 11:01:25 AM »
No need to worry.  10 of us from '86 coming in, and we sound like 100.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 11:07:56 AM »
I'm guessing the student section will be full.  After all the students that were there last night go back and tell their friends how much fun they had, everyone will want to show up on Sat.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 11:09:13 AM »
Last night was a very solid weeknight crowd in the 'modern' era. After several tough years and coupled with overall declining attendance nationally, we still had announced of 14+.  These days that's pretty good.  I will say this,  for the last 6 minutes that building was the best I've heard it in several years surpassing the big crowds on NMD the last couple years.

Glad chick and I were there for history.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 01:05:58 PM »
I'd be surprised if the student section was full on Saturday.

I think you might see a bigger bump in non-students than in students.  Just my gut feeling.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 01:18:52 PM »
I'll be making the trip for my one game per year!  Bringing my wife and two boys who will be seeing the BC for the first time.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 01:21:06 PM »
Fighting fires.    Saving lives.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 05:02:07 PM »
At least 3 MU Evans Scholar alum from the 70's coming!

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 06:04:55 PM »
If anyone is interested, Jason Terry tweeted a photo of his seats, courtesy of Steve Novak.  He was just saying he was happy to be at an NCAA game and thanked Steve.  His photo accidentally captures the MU student section and seating in both upper and lower decks. I was definitely taken a back at some of the empty seats for a likely NCAA MU team and the current #1 and defending national champs, regardless of it being a Tuesday night. It was also a good, normal start time.

MU Courtside

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 06:22:13 PM »
There will be some competition Saturday as the Bucks play Saturday night. Jae will be in town (wonder if makes an appearance the MU game)? I'm very much MU first, but for the casual fans, some may go for the Bucks and the night game. I'm actually doing a Bradley Center double header as was offered some good (and free) Bucks' tickets.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 06:49:12 PM »
I can tell you this.  Nova's crowd.  Great people.  Love those people.  Fabulous people.  But our crowd was bigger than Nova's crowd when MU played at Wells Fargo.  Lots of more people.  The Philadelphia media will deny it, but it's true.  So so true.  They are corrupt fibbers.  Fibbin Philly is what I call 'em.  Jay Wrong and the Mildcats?  Please.  Our game was bigger.  Believe me.  The MCTS ticket sales were bigger than the SEPTA ticket sales for the same time on that day.  More eyeballs on our game once you account for the time zone difference.  Very important the time zone.  Hugely important.  The Fibbin Philly media won't tell you that.  Believe me.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 10:28:30 PM »
With all the home games being on TV, I doubt MU will see much of an increase in attendence. I did not set my VCR to record the Villanova game, but I knew when I got home from the game I could tape a replay of the game, which I did.  I actually have it on now.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 10:38:54 PM »
Ill be doing my part bringing my wife and 2 boys for our first game this year. Following up with the DePaul game next weekend.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 11:09:27 PM »
Attendance will be higher as the Chicago weekend game holders will be up for the day game.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 07:50:06 AM »
I can tell you this.  Nova's crowd.  Great people.  Love those people.  Fabulous people.  But our crowd was bigger than Nova's crowd when MU played at Wells Fargo.  Lots of more people.  The Philadelphia media will deny it, but it's true.  So so true.  They are corrupt fibbers.  Fibbin Philly is what I call 'em.  Jay Wrong and the Mildcats?  Please.  Our game was bigger.  Believe me.  The MCTS ticket sales were bigger than the SEPTA ticket sales for the same time on that day.  More eyeballs on our game once you account for the time zone difference.  Very important the time zone.  Hugely important.  The Fibbin Philly media won't tell you that.  Believe me.

;D ;D

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:51 AM »
Today is also the 4th anniversary of the Bradley Center Bat.  Still one of the funniest things ever to happen during a Marquette Game.  Let's hope Ed Cooley can keep it together during Saturday's game, and not have to use Gatorade towels and an assistant for protection.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XczEPQBV6os" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XczEPQBV6os</a>
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 08:08:41 AM »
With all the home games being on TV, I doubt MU will see much of an increase in attendence. I did not set my VCR to record the Villanova game, but I knew when I got home from the game I could tape a replay of the game, which I did.  I actually have it on now.

:o

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 08:14:32 AM »

Big-league post, Eldon! Way to make Scoop great again!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 08:25:47 AM »
:o

I recorded it on my Betamax if you need a copy...

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 01:44:19 PM »
You have small hands, hey?
Goal is National Championship

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
Have Marquette and the Bucks ever advertised/sold tickets as a double header if they play in the same day like on Saturday?

I think it'd be a good way to get butts in seats for both games, plus I know I'd enjoy going to the local bars for a few hours in between games.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 02:10:17 PM »
I recorded it on my Betamax if you need a copy...

True story, Betamax was a better technology than VCR but the adult entertainment industry was an early adopter of VCR technology.

Pretty sure Keefe and his squadron single handedly killed Betamax.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 02:11:59 PM »
True story, Betamax was a better technology than VCR but the adult entertainment industry was an early adopter of VCR technology.

True story, Betamax was a better technology than VCR VHS but the adult entertainment industry was an early adopter of VCR VHS technology.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 02:12:57 PM »
Hopefully the players are focused for saturday

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »
True story, Betamax was a better technology than VCR VHS but the adult entertainment industry was an early adopter of VCR VHS technology.

That is indeed what I meant.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 02:23:19 PM »
If anyone is interested, Jason Terry tweeted a photo of his seats, courtesy of Steve Novak.  He was just saying he was happy to be at an NCAA game and thanked Steve.  His photo accidentally captures the MU student section and seating in both upper and lower decks. I was definitely taken a back at some of the empty seats for a likely NCAA MU team and the current #1 and defending national champs, regardless of it being a Tuesday night. It was also a good, normal start time.
Students don't think that way. Plus, that is 2,500 at the game.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »
Busy weekend on the 4th street.
Admirals, Friday and Saturday night at UWM Panther Arena
MU and the Bucks at the Bradley Center on Saturday
Wave at the UWM Panther Arena on Sunday
Brewers on Deck is also on Sunday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

burger

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 03:59:55 PM »
There will be some competition Saturday as the Bucks play Saturday night. Jae will be in town (wonder if makes an appearance the MU game)? I'm very much MU first, but for the casual fans, some may go for the Bucks and the night game. I'm actually doing a Bradley Center double header as was offered some good (and free) Bucks' tickets.

I would love Jae to bring Isiah to the game and introduce him to Markus.....

That should be Markus's mentor......Both kids are unbelievable and will show Markus that the NBA dream for a 5'10" guy is real.....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 04:26:30 PM »
I would love Jae to bring Isiah to the game and introduce him to Markus.....

That should be Markus's mentor......Both kids are unbelievable and will show Markus that the NBA dream for a 5'10" guy is real.....

Isaiah Thomas...ugh. Thinking of him and Quincy Pondexter still drives me nuts. We had a paved road to the Sweet 16 and a legit shot at the Elite Eight.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 05:25:57 PM »
Isaiah Thomas...ugh. Thinking of him and Quincy Pondexter still drives me nuts. We had a paved road to the Sweet 16 and a legit shot at the Elite Eight.

This, the whole country New that New Mexico was going to get blasted by MU or Washington it was a matter of who won that game.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 07:10:03 PM »
My daughter and I still talk about that game and how it was quite an incredible experience. 
More so due to the fact that the friars featured their own flying rodent, aka Kadeem Batts. 

Today is also the 4th anniversary of the Bradley Center Bat.  Still one of the funniest things ever to happen during a Marquette Game.  Let's hope Ed Cooley can keep it together during Saturday's game, and not have to use Gatorade towels and an assistant for protection.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XczEPQBV6os" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XczEPQBV6os</a>

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2017, 06:55:45 AM »
Bringing my 9-month old on his first Milwaukee Trip/Marquette game. Wish his mother and me luck.

MU-Providence always seems to have something goofy happen in it.

2009 in Rhode Island: Jeff Xavier's brother climbs over the bench and walks onto the court to protest a foul called against Xavier.

2013 in Milwaukee: The Bat Game

2014 in Rhode Island: Davante Gardner, of all people, appears to hit a 3/4 court shot to win the game at the buzzer. It's waived off as being too late, and PC wins in overtime.

2016 in Rhode Island: MU upsets #8 Providence. Warriors had gone 0-11 in previous 11 meetings vs. Top 10 teams, and 0-6 since, until this past week.

2016 in Milwaukee: MU wins in Double Overtime
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2017, 07:37:10 AM »
Bringing my 9-month old on his first Milwaukee Trip/Marquette game. Wish his mother and me luck.

Make sure you stop in the Spirit Shop first and pick up some gear for him!  And post a picture on Crowd Cameo.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2017, 07:44:16 AM »

Same with BluRay v. HDDVD

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2017, 08:03:20 AM »
Same with BluRay v. HDDVD

Really? I would have thought all the free content on the internet would have obsoleted the need for physical media for those, ah, physical pursuits.

I've been told by friends there is stuff on the internet for that

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 08:17:40 AM »
Make sure you stop in the Spirit Shop first and pick up some gear for him!  And post a picture on Crowd Cameo.

Spirit Shop sucks!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 09:08:32 AM »
Really? I would have thought all the free content on the internet would have obsoleted the need for physical media for those, ah, physical pursuits.

I've been told by friends there is stuff on the internet for that

We're talking 2006-2008 here, streaming HD quality was hardly an option, even for the short time frame you require...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tdbt-sx5MDc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tdbt-sx5MDc</a>

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 09:15:16 AM »

Also why the Internet has put the Minitel out of business.  Which blows my mind because you'd think France would have had it together when it came to porn distribution channels.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 09:27:14 AM »
We're talking 2006-2008 here, streaming HD quality was hardly an option, even for the short time frame you require...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tdbt-sx5MDc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tdbt-sx5MDc</a>

#Firstworldproblems

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2017, 11:36:11 AM »
Oh they will come this Saturday! It will be an amazing crowd. There will be an overflow of people outside watching on projectors! Scoop or the lying' media might not report it, but just look around the Bradley Center on Saturday. It will be amazing. I love Marquette fans. Great people. Oh and the state of Wisconsin. Honest and hardworking people! Tuesday was great, but Saturday will be the best crowd Marquette basketball has ever seen. believe me! and together, all of us Marquette fans will Make Marquette Great Again!!!

Just win baby

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2017, 05:32:25 PM »
They should do like that team in Dallas did and flash the attendance as 1.5 million.

Fourth anniversary of the bat game,  one of the funniest things I have ever seen happen at a game.  The players diving out of the way - the coach with the towel on his head - darkening the lights and playing the theme from Batman.  Great times.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2017, 05:37:46 PM »
Not at The BC but let's not forget this memorable moment from MU vs PC...  https://youtu.be/MqVGMLBOqnY

fjm

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2017, 10:19:18 AM »
Here's hoping the students use their collective minds and come up with an original or decent few chants today.

This is one thing the UW student body does that absolutely outclasses MU. They have smart chants. Not just "F school xyz"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2017, 10:20:54 AM »
Here's hoping the students use their collective minds and come up with an original or decent few chants today.

This is one thing the UW student body does that absolutely outclasses MU. They have smart chants. Not just "F school xyz"

Cause nothing says classy and creative like "F*ck you, Eat Sh!t"

fjm

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2017, 10:32:01 AM »
Cause nothing says classy and creative like "F*ck you, Eat Sh!t"

Fair point. But they also have intuitive chants aimed at the actual team.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2017, 10:39:51 AM »
Soccer chants are the best in the world. A few of my favorites include the Iceland national team viking chant from Euros this summer. "Will Grigg's on fire" is a great one.

The best ones though that always make me laugh are the self deprecating ones. Hard to explain so ill just link the youtube video, theyre pretty hilarious.

NSFW language in this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LudUBZqEhbI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PpJBR_rQJk

fjm

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2017, 10:41:08 AM »
Soccer chants are the best in the world. A few of my favorites include the Iceland national team viking chant from Euros this summer. "Will Grigg's on fire" is a great one.

The best ones though that always make me laugh are the self deprecating ones. Hard to explain so ill just link the youtube video, theyre pretty hilarious.

Oh man do I love soccer chants. They always find the smallest thing and make it a huge chant. It's great!

Nice finds!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »

fjm

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2017, 10:26:17 AM »
Good crowd! Bummer of a loss.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2017, 10:29:17 AM »
4th biggest crowd out of all D1 college hoops games on Saturday. That's the problem with the Bradley Center being so big in capacity.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2017, 01:05:54 PM »
4th biggest crowd out of all D1 college hoops games on Saturday. That's the problem with the Bradley Center being so big in capacity.

And I would guess the student section attendance is right up there as well.
Have some patience, FFS.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »
Students were loud and good about initiating chants whenever a spark was needed.

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2017, 03:49:15 PM »
Crowd showed up, team didn't.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2017, 09:03:22 AM »

It's as though DePaul's team has been transported to another dimension where they play soccer.

And where people show up to the game.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2017, 12:09:14 PM »
Crowd showed up, team didn't.

I admittedly have an incomplete experience as a non-season ticketholder who usually only makes it to one or two games a year.

But the last three minutes on Saturday was the loudest I've heard the Bradley Center in four years.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
-Bill Walton

fjm

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »
Student section needs to bring back the automatic chant for Katin, rowsey and Markus at the free throw line.

feedback