'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Scoopers what is your honest gut feeling as we sit here less than 24 hrs to tip  (Read 5934 times)

madtownwarrior

• All American
so the last three games could go:

Elite 8 - Syracuse
Final 4 - Florida
Championship - Louisville

I don't think I could pick 3 worse match-ups for for Marquette...   

NickelDimer

• All American
I want another crack at UL and UF!
No Finish Line

patso

• Team Captain
Pessimistissimo

forgetful

• All American
Could also be:

Syracuse
Florida Gulf Coast
Wichita St.

Goose

• All American
madtown

I agree on the 3 possible matchups. Good thing is none of those three teams can be compared to Kentucky of last year. We can beat the three mentioned teams on a given night and I do not think last years team could have beat Kentucky 1 out of 20 times, if the game meant something. One game at a time and see what happens.

BCHoopster

• All American
MU played an incredibly bad half against Syracuse, a 4 point play by Jake brought them out of there doldrums.  I have said all along Jake Thomas got his scholarship to help beat
Syracuse.  He could do it again.  Todd just seems not to happy on the court and it shows, his body language is awful.  If he is back next year I would be surprised.  I think he is a little
over-rated by most MU fans, he is not quick and his shot is just average. But today they may need him, the difference is that Vander has come on big time, so has Jamil.  But Gardner
in the middle like last time, gives MU a big target to do a lot on the offensive end.  Syracuse looked really good Thursday, have to guard Williams, he is the key.  They are beatable,
that is for sure.  Have to make some shots, it will entertaining to watch today!

MUSF

• All American
I think we have a really good chance of going back to the Final Four.

A lot of people think this is a bad match-up for us. I disagree. You aren't going to beat Syracuse's zone with the outside shot. If it were that simple, their zone wouldn't be that effective and they probably wouldn't keep running it. You beat Cuse's zone with penetration (Blue / JR), physical post play (Gardner / Otule), and mid-range jump shot from FT line and elbow (Jamil / Taylor?).

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
Wanna see CO and DG on the floor together again. Wanna see Jake launch another 3 and score 4. Wanna see a Mayo Trey. Above all the defense rules.  MU goes to Atlanta, fitting site of the 77 championship. 

jsglow

• All American
Much like Louisville has our number, I think we have 'Cuse's number.  I say we win by 3 on a late 'and one' by The Big Fella.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
I just hope it's a fist fight, because I don't think we can blow Cuse out.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Could also be

E8 - Cuse
F4 - Michigan
Title - Duke/Ohio State/Wichita State

Buffaloboy

• Scholarship Player
Lots and lots of down heads it seems.  I was hoping i was the only one.  

Thankfully i nor any of you guys are playing.  It's doable right?  Buzz owns Boeheim winning 3-4 games recently.  Buzz looked like a man on a fkin mission on the sidelines yesterday.  I don't think he nor his guys are expecting to lose tomorrow.  Golden Eagles by 7+ tomorrow.  I know they're going to do this.  Now is not the time for us to hang our heads, we need to stand behind the guys, let the media sh*t on them, not us.  I think Erik or Kenosha has a thread that says "are we now close to being elite"  A lot of us want to think we're close, so let's start fkin acting like it!

Lets Go BOYS!!!!

HAHAHAHA.

Sorry just had to laugh at the Buzz owns Boeheim comment.

I don't think anyone owns a coach who is in the HOF and has won over 900 game. But ok.