[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Scoopers what is your honest gut feeling as we sit here less than 24 hrs to tip  (Read 5935 times)

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
Is MU going back to the Final Four in what has been a decade since our last appearance?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
I think they have a reasonable chance, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

klyrish

• All American
I really think we are.

Knocking on an insane amount of wood right now.

bilsu

• All American
45% CHANCE

JD

• All American
I was praying for Indiana, not because of Crean, i couldn't give two f***s about him, but because Cuse is too long, and are playing much better right now.

I personally think we match up with IU better.  
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Warriors4ever

• All American
It's Holy Week and the Pope is a Jesuit.  
That plus some good shots and tough defense, and we're in.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
I think there's some serious good karma, divine intervention going on with tbis MU team and it explains how tbey won tbat Davidson game and have looked awesome everr since. I still cant believe they won that Davidson game....its unreal

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I was praying for Indiana, not because of Crean, i couldn't give two f***s about him, but because Cuse is too long, and are playing much better right now.

I personally think we match up with IU better.  

I'm not sure we match up with them better, but at this point of the season coaching matters a lot. Crean is a poor game coach. I feel that while IU would have likely been better than us in the first half, Buzz would have been able to out-adjust Crean in the second. Boeheim is much harder to out-coach than TC is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BrewCity83

• All American
I like our chances.  I'm keeping tomorrow night open for the storming of Wisconsin Avenue ceremony.  Just in case.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
I like our chances.  I'm keeping tomorrow night open for the storming of Wisconsin Avenue ceremony.  Just in case.

Real shame that there are so few students at Marquette. Easter Break and all. Absolute shame.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
I think its Syracuse's game to lose.  If Syracuse does not match our physicality or intensity, we will win.  If they do, we lose.  I am going with the 'you can't change a zebra's stripes' and we out hustle and punch Syracuse in the mouth and they have no answer.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Goose

• All American
Doris

Wish I could say one way or another. Nothing will shock me with these guys. Will add that I do think the swagger of a winner right now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I would give us 51% odds of advancing. Syracuse is very good and, like us, peaking at the right time. Buzz has beat Boeheim 3 of the last 4, including in the tournament. We know their zone and know how to beat it; we certainly won't be clueless and unprepared like IU was. But it sure as hell won't be easy. Syracuse is the only other team in the East that I was at all nervous about. I feel without a shadow of a doubt these are the two best teams in the region.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JD

• All American
I'm not sure we match up with them better, but at this point of the season coaching matters a lot. Crean is a poor game coach. I feel that while IU would have likely been better than us in the first half, Buzz would have been able to out-adjust Crean in the second. Boeheim is much harder to out-coach than TC is.

Another big part is coaching, absolutely.  Cuse simply has way better players than IU.  Triche' Southerland, Carter Williams, Fiar, etc.  Soo much talent on that team.   Cuse's biggest downfall is simply mental errors.  If they keep their heads in the game i think Louisville is 1a, Cuse 1b.

But i do think we pull it out somehow.
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

Lennys Tap

• All American
Gut says it ends here, but I tend to be a pessimist/realist. Really,really want to be wrong.

MUMountin

• All American
Pick 'em game.  Could entirely go either way.  Won't really be surprised at any outcome.  Just play hard, and hope the magic continues.  I'm extremely proud of them, been touting my colors all day and talking about them to anyone that will listen.  That said, got the taste of victory, and would love to see them make it back to the FF sooner than I expected!

Farley36

• All American
The rational side of me wants to say they lose, but sometimes fate, destiny, luck, whatever you want to call it is on a team's side.  Marquette just seems to be a team that has everything going for it since the last minute of the Davidson game.  I'm going with MU 70-67.

jesmu84

• All American
I felt much, MUCH better about the Miami game than this one. I don't really know why. Cuse is playing well now, as are we. I just have a fear of Boeheim after so many losses. I just don't see us pulling this one out, unfortunately.

Groin_pull

• All American
Real shame that there are so few students at Marquette. Easter Break and all. Absolute shame.

Sure would be nice if these things happened when students weren't on Spring Break, Easter Break, etc.

nyg

• All American
Gut says it ends here, but I tend to be a pessimist/realist. Really,really want to be wrong.

I'm with Lenny. 

JakeBarnes

• All American
Sure would be nice if these things happened when students weren't on Spring Break, Easter Break, etc.

GIVE THEM A BREAK
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

LloydMooresLegs

Tie game w 40 minutes to go.  Doable.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American

Ya, too bad Spring Break isn't a month long.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Goose

• All American
Lenny

If it were not for the giant chp these guys are carrying on their shoulders I would right with you. Something about their walk and body language has me believing. We have rehashed Vander a million times on here, but he looks in another gear than just two weeks ago. Plus I have never Jamil have such a killer instinct that he is showing.

Truthfully if I had to make a bet I would take the Warriors. Not a homer call, just think they have an edge to them. After watching the Jimmy V 30 for 30 it shows what believing in yourself can make the unbelievable happen. The guy in charge of this team might just will them to FF.

I am sticking with a W tomorrow afternoon.

tower912

• All American
The more people picking Syracuse, the better I like MU's chances.    Need fuel for the fire. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.