'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Goon Squad  (Read 3457 times)

ringoutahoya

• Walk-On
Goon Squad
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:31:19 PM »
Congrats to the Goon Squad, who picked up another W in the demanding B-league.

Follow their talents all season with hashtag #GSBB

Buzz's Tin

• Scholarship Player
Re: Goon Squad
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »
huh? what are you talking about you assclown? this is a Marquette basketball message board son..

hdog1017

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:45:32 PM »
Send it in Jerome

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 12:20:25 AM »
Is it just me or is the B-league actually harder than the A-league some years?  It's like kids that could be playing A go B in their senior year to have a chance to win it all.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »
Where's 4never to translate this jive for the rest of us?

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:28:20 PM »
Ringoutahoya is trying to get some press for his B-league intramural bball team at Marquette.  I asked a question about the difference in talent between b league and a league.  Sometimes it seems like some of the more talented teams go b league for a "better shot" at the title.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
It appears things haven't changed.   The guys who thought they should walk on (and from 84-88 they probably could have.  Oy) played A-league.  Only a few teams.   B-leagues were war.     Freshman year, the team I played on won <6ft title.   Sophomore, won dorm-B.   Junior, lost in the championship of open-B.   Very competitive leagues. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »
Ringoutahoya is trying to get some press for his B-league intramural bball team at Marquette.  I asked a question about the difference in talent between b league and a league.  Sometimes it seems like some of the more talented teams go b league for a "better shot" at the title.

sandbaggin' sons of b*tches

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »
Is it just me or is the B-league actually harder than the A-league some years?  It's like kids that could be playing A go B in their senior year to have a chance to win it all.

When I was at MU, the B league was often tougher because the guys in the A league were primarily talent-deprived ballhogs who took it WAY too seriously and thought they could be playing D1 ball since they were the seventh man on their below average HS team. Simply put, no one with decent skills wanted to play with those guys.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »
It appears things haven't changed.   The guys who thought they should walk on (and from 84-88 they probably could have.  Oy) played A-league.  Only a few teams.   B-leagues were war.     Freshman year, the team I played on won <6ft title.   Sophomore, won dorm-B.   Junior, lost in the championship of open-B.   Very competitive leagues. 

Sixth man on the open-B champion...1988-89.  I still have the championship t-shirt somewhere. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
C league champion. yes, C league. we didn't take ourselves too seriously and we weren't very good, but playing in the old gym for the championship game was definitely one of the highlights of my time at marquette.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 05:15:59 PM »
Congrats to the Goon Squad, who picked up another W in the demanding B-league.

Follow their talents all season with hashtag #GSBB

Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm really beginning to miss the threads started by the bailbondsman...
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 08:21:46 AM »
Our team of misfit toys played in C League with "jerseys" that were really just wifebeater Ts with spraypainted stencil names and numbers. Our "coach," Ahoya06 however, was far more resplendent, showing up in a full suit and tie, and haranging the officials, trying to get T'ed up every game.

Needless to say, we didn't win a lot, but man that was fun.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews