'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pritzl visiting today  (Read 17665 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Pritzl visiting today
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 12:20:37 PM »
Who the hell puts mustard on pretzels (or anything)?  Nasty.  Gimme some cheese sauce.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
Who the hell puts mustard on pretzels (or anything)?  Nasty.  Gimme some cheese sauce.

After living in Spangdahlem  I came to appreciate the subtleties of good mustard. An essential complement to most any meal.

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2014, 12:29:18 PM »
After living in Spangdahlem  I came to appreciate the subtleties of good mustard. An essential complement to most any meal.

Yikes.  That's ranch dressing for me.  Use it with pizza, french fries, pretzels, chicken, grilled cheese, carrots, celery, etc.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:55:59 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2014, 12:36:24 PM »
After spending a lot of time in Cleveland for work, I came to appreciate Bertman's Mustard.  A bottle show's up in my mail from time to time courtesy of the supplier I used to visit there.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »
After spending a lot of time in Cleveland for work, I came to appreciate Bertman's Mustard.  A bottle show's up in my mail from time to time courtesy of the supplier I used to visit there.

That's the Cleveland equivalent to County Stadium Brat Sauce, aina?

Germany has an incredible variety of mustards which are used for all meals. Scharfer senf is used for pretty much everything and there are as many versions of this style as there are towns and burghs.  Susser senf is a sweeter mustard that is also used for weisswurst, pate, pretzels, and even as a spread on schwartzbrot. Susser senf is from Bavaria which also does a sweet kraut rather than the sour version found throughout the rest of Germany.

Living there, I learned from German friends how senf is used and appreciate the cultural culinary aspects of senf. One of the lesser known aspects of German Kultur. 

Death on call

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »
Secret Stadium Sauce.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »
Secret Stadium Sauce.

Is that what they call the Brat Dip? Not sure how "secret" it is but it's pretty good.

Death on call

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 04:32:10 PM »
Interesting that chick and I confirmed that he's related to a friend of ours and was likely the reason we couldn't see the guys hoops side when we arranged a tour for Chicago's parents as part of graduation weekend.  Hope he commits.

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 04:56:44 PM »
Interesting that chick and I confirmed that he's related to a friend of ours and was likely the reason we couldn't see the guys hoops side when we arranged a tour for Chicago's parents as part of graduation weekend.  Hope he commits.

homosaywhat

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 05:11:02 PM »
That's the Cleveland equivalent to County Stadium Brat Sauce, aina?

Germany has an incredible variety of mustards which are used for all meals. Scharfer senf is used for pretty much everything and there are as many versions of this style as there are towns and burghs.  Susser senf is a sweeter mustard that is also used for weisswurst, pate, pretzels, and even as a spread on schwartzbrot. Susser senf is from Bavaria which also does a sweet kraut rather than the sour version found throughout the rest of Germany.

Living there, I learned from German friends how senf is used and appreciate the cultural culinary aspects of senf. One of the lesser known aspects of German Kultur. 

Mustard and Secret Stadium Sauce are wholly different. Stadium Sauce is like a cross between bbq sauce and ketchup. Not surprisingly, Wisconsin is a mustard-friendly state. Where else would you find this:

"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 05:15:16 PM »
homosaywhat

I'm guessing you're asking what his relative thinks? Too shirt tail to know. Plus I haven't directly inquired.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 06:18:43 PM »
I'm guessing you're asking what his relative thinks? Too shirt tail to know. Plus I haven't directly inquired.

glow, I think he was wondering what your other post was about. I'll be honest, I read it a few times and struggled with your message

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 07:18:27 PM »
glow, I think he was wondering what your other post was about. I'll be honest, I read it a few times and struggled with your message

Yeah, glow, its gonna confuse people when you drop info about a recruit into a discussion about mustard.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
Mustard and Secret Stadium Sauce are wholly different. Stadium Sauce is like a cross between bbq sauce and ketchup. Not surprisingly, Wisconsin is a mustard-friendly state. Where else would you find this:

I've never been to Miller Park but we used to make many trips out to the Aina hey Sports Palace. You could sit in the bleachers for about a buck. Had the brats, of course, with that secret sauce which is pretty good, actually.

Not surprised there is a mustard museum in WI. I never thought about it but my in-laws stocked several different mustards and they were always part of dinner. When I lived near Bitburg I realized the stuff is served with every meal in the Fatherland. I was always partial to the mustards where the seed was still somewhat intact as these seemed to have a more complex palate. To this day I couldn't imagine eating wurst without an accompanying mustard.

Death on call

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2014, 07:39:51 AM »

You'd actually find it in Middleton, not Mount Horeb.  It moved a few years back.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 08:58:32 AM »

Just seeing that photo and I'm ready for some kielbasa & brats on the backyard grill and some beer to go with it.  Just in time for Memorial Day weekend.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 01:31:39 PM »
Just seeing that photo and I'm ready for some kielbasa & brats on the backyard grill and some beer to go with it.  Just in time for Memorial Day weekend.

It's that time of year, isn't it. Fabulous.

Living in various places I have come to realize that every culture has a tradition of burning meat outdoors over an open fire. And just as here in the States the tending is the responsibility of the man. It really is primal.

Death on call

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 01:39:22 PM »

Do a lot of people out in Connecticut eat brats or is that something you picked up on during your time in the Midwest? One of my buddies at MU was from Boston and early on freshman year we went to my brother's house to grill and he had never heard or seen a brat. He kept on asking if it was like a polish sausage and then when it came time to try one he stuck with the hotdogs.
Bring back FFP!!!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »
Do a lot of people out in Connecticut eat brats or is that something you picked up on during your time in the Midwest? One of my buddies at MU was from Boston and early on freshman year we went to my brother's house to grill and he had never heard or seen a brat. He kept on asking if it was like a polish sausage and then when it came time to try one he stuck with the hotdogs.

I had never heard of brats, either. It only took one bite to convince me. I ended up marrying into Wisconsin German so I learned all about brats and sheepshead.

Death on call

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2014, 02:28:06 PM »
Ha Ha. My bad!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
Hope y'all are divin' inta them brats without the bun.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 03:09:33 PM »

As a fellow Connecticutian who had never been east of Pennsylvania before my parents drove me to campus for freshman orientation, I never heard of brats.

Or frozen custard.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 03:50:49 PM »
As a fellow Connecticutian who had never been east of Pennsylvania before my parents drove me to campus for freshman orientation, I never heard of brats.

Or frozen custard.

I visit a buddy in Tennessee every fall and even tho' he can get Brats, he always wants me to bring a few dozen Brat buns. Can't find them down there.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2014, 03:52:02 PM »

Swoopem - I never had heard of or seen brats until I came to Marquette.  The backyard cook-out growing up in Conn. was hot dogs & hamburgers and Italian sausage.  Since my return home from Marquette, it most definitely includes brats.  They used to be very hard to find in the 1990s & early 2000s, but most supermarkets out here now at least have a small selection now.  (The kielbasa grill out was added by the wife since that's about the only thing they grill in Poland.)

I know a Marquette alum out here in Conn. that mail orders Usinger brats.  Trader Joes is now my source for Usinger brats as they carry them.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2014, 03:53:53 PM »
I visit a buddy in Tennessee every fall and even tho' he can get Brats, he always wants me to bring a few dozen Brat buns. Can't find them down there.

There's Brat buns?  I've been making due with undersized hot dog buns.