Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Duane Wilson Tweet  (Read 111688 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Duane Wilson Tweet
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2016, 09:01:47 AM »
Personally, I don't understand why Wally was wasting his time with basketball anyway. With his track n field talent, I wouldn't have bothered with MU. I would have gone to a big-time SEC or PAC-12 school with a top track program. He may enjoy hoops, but his future is track. But hey, maybe that's just me.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2016, 09:02:38 AM »
Recruits (in all walks of life) usually hear what they want to hear during the recruiting pitch.  I bet Wojo covered his bases and yet I bet the Ellensons still feel burned.  Hopefully both Ellensons finish out their school years. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2016, 09:04:30 AM »
How many people here seriously want Wally for one more year instead of a 6'9 bruiser for four years?
I want the bruiser.......however, if true, I'm concerned with the fallout and spin.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2016, 09:04:54 AM »
Has anyone considered the possibility that either:

a) The "business" to which DuWil refers is not college basketball (i.e. he's talking about something totally different).  Maybe he's been reading Vogue's or Heisenberg's posts over on the Politics board and has taken a different outlook on life.

or

b) All y'all getting played by the player himself.  The players read Scoop, and they know we're reading their tweets.

Exactly.  Heck, we had someone thinking "#mubb is down" at 2 BE reporters meant that Duane was going to come out with intimate Hiroshima details on MUBB and take Wojo down with him, when it was about...a dance off.

I love Scoop (seriously).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:12:34 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2016, 09:12:02 AM »
Exactly.

I wasn't concerned before, but now I'm definitely concerned....If Duane has fallen under Clickbaits spell he's gonna suck for sure next year.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2016, 09:12:54 AM »
I wasn't concerned before, but now I'm definitely concerned....If Duane has fallen under Clickbaits spell he's gonna suck for sure next year.

;D
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2016, 09:18:57 AM »
Unfollowing x person on Twitter =

I'm going to get even.  I'm going to unfollow the Ellensons.    I suppose I need to follow them first....and then I can unfollow them.  That will lead to twitter justice.

I am curious, however, how does one know if someone use to follow someone, and now they don't?   Is the only way to do this to literally take a snapshot of all the followers and then later do a match back?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2016, 09:21:11 AM »

93WarriorNYC

• Walk-On
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2016, 09:23:16 AM »
I want the bruiser.......however, if true, I'm concerned with the fallout and spin.

Isn't the real question "How many people here really want Katin Reinhardt for 1 year instead of having Henry Ellenson help MU with recruiting in Wisconsin?"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2016, 09:24:04 AM »
BTW, if Wally's getting screwed, it's not by MU, it's by NCAA rule 15.5.7.2
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »
Isn't the real question "How many people here really want Katin Reinhardt for 1 year instead of having Henry Ellenson help MU with recruiting in Wisconsin?"

Yeah I gotta admit, unless Wojo thought something else was going to happen...and it just never did...I find the Reinhardt commit kinda interesting.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2016, 09:32:14 AM »
Not a cut.

once again... care to flesh this out a bit? I don't even care if it's through a PM. I am just curious as this seems to be one of the more substantive statements so far.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2016, 09:33:14 AM »
I'm going to get even.  I'm going to unfollow the Ellensons.    I suppose I need to follow them first....and then I can unfollow them.  That will lead to twitter justice.

I am curious, however, how does one know if someone use to follow someone, and now they don't?   Is the only way to do this to literally take a snapshot of all the followers and then later do a match back?

Yes you can take screenshots or there are apps like "Followback" that you can use to determine who is/was following who. It's really no different than people using FlightAware to see if Wojo's plane is going to be able to land at Augusta.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2016, 09:35:00 AM »

Yeah I gotta admit, unless Wojo thought something else was going to happen...and it just never did...I find the Reinhardt commit kinda interesting.

Big ask, but if we take the Ellenson connection out...would you rather have Wally or Reinhardt? HE is gone so you need a PF which is then Young(hopefully). I get it all from a pure roster composition standpoint....the question is whether Wojo went back on promises (overt or implied)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2016, 09:37:44 AM »
Kaitlin is not the 6'9" bruiser which I was referring.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2016, 09:40:18 AM »

Indeed...I have trouble keeping up with scholarship counts, but I thought they had enough even with Wally on the team. This moves tells me there is a commitment coming, but I could be off on my math.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2016, 09:49:21 AM »

Do you think Ellenson is going to fly home to Wisconsin on his off days as an NBA rookie and pitch Marquette in Oswego, Plover, or Beloit?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2016, 09:50:34 AM »

Kaitlin Jenner is taking Walter's spot?  No wonder the Ellensons are hurting.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »
Do you think Ellenson is going to fly home to Wisconsin on his off days as an NBA rookie and pitch Marquette in Oswego, Plover, or Beloit?

Well, yeah. That's a perfectly reasonable Scoop expectation.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2016, 09:54:45 AM »

If what's being said on here is true, it will have ZERO effect on recruiting. Do you think some star HS baller is going to care that Wojo "cut" a 12th man who the kid has never heard of?

This kind of stuff happens all the time. I don't like it and I don't think it's fair, but that's how the system works.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2016, 09:56:33 AM »
Big ask, but if we take the Ellenson connection out...would you rather have Wally or Reinhardt? HE is gone so you need a PF which is then Young(hopefully). I get it all from a pure roster composition standpoint....the question is whether Wojo went back on promises (overt or implied)

This really is the question, because no matter how much we may want to think otherwise, this suggests we are looking at two departures (Henry and Wally) and the two incoming replacements would be Reinhardt and an unnamed commit (Young or Gill, most likely).

Taking the Ellenson connection out, I'd rather have Reinhardt than Wally. Despite his allergy to rebounds, it provides another scorer and a player that has simply proven more at this level.

However, I have a hard time divorcing the two. What I'd really rather have is a big like Young or Gill and Wally. I'm not a fan of burning bridges or creating a negative perception of the program, especially to in-state recruits. If this ends up being framed the way it seems like it will, it could hurt our chances going forward with guys like Herro, Days, and probably most importantly Joey Hauser.

As I mentioned before, the Marquette on the front of the jersey means something more to me than the simple business of basketball. Our program should conduct itself in a manner that befits the name and the principles it represents.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

93WarriorNYC

• Walk-On
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2016, 09:57:11 AM »

No, but I don't think he'll be wearing his Marquette jersey during a post game media interview either.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2016, 09:57:19 AM »
Yes you can take screenshots or there are apps like "Followback" that you can use to determine who is/was following who. It's really no different than people using FlightAware to see if Wojo's plane is going to be able to land at Augusta.

That's some dedication.  Hat tip to the PT guys.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2016, 09:58:57 AM »
This really is the question, because no matter how much we may want to think otherwise, this suggests we are looking at two departures (Henry and Wally) and the two incoming replacements would be Reinhardt and an unnamed commit (Young or Gill, most likely).

Taking the Ellenson connection out, I'd rather have Reinhardt than Wally. Despite his allergy to rebounds, it provides another scorer and a player that has simply proven more at this level.

However, I have a hard time divorcing the two. What I'd really rather have is a big like Young or Gill and Wally. I'm not a fan of burning bridges or creating a negative perception of the program, especially to in-state recruits. If this ends up being framed the way it seems like it will, it could hurt our chances going forward with guys like Herro, Days, and probably most importantly Joey Hauser.

As I mentioned before, the Marquette on the front of the jersey means something more to me than the simple business of basketball. Our program should conduct itself in a manner that befits the name and the principles it represents.

If someone else is coming in someone besides Wally has to leave as well. Howard toke Henry's scholarship, so already have 14 for 13 spots. If Wally leaves that only gets us to 13.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2016, 09:59:19 AM »
That's some dedication.  Hat tip to the PT guys.

That's one way of looking at it. Personally, it feels like TMZ reporting. They do a lot of nice work over there, but the who-followed-who feels like a lot of rumor-mongering rather than actual news. Maybe it's just me, but it feels more like something that would be posted in a click-bait thread or via PM.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback