Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Juan Anderson  (Read 6884 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Juan Anderson
« on: February 04, 2021, 06:14:08 PM »
“Juan is just a fantastic competitor,” coach Steve Kerr said. “He’s one of our smartest players in terms of just having a feel for the game at both ends. I love Juan. In my book, he’s not a two-way player, he’s a big part of our team and showed why tonight. What a skill to be able to not even be active for 10 days or so and come in and prepare day after day for his chance and his chance comes and he comes out and kills it. That’s who Juan is and that’s why we love him.”

This is just a teaser from The Athletic article today. I know quite a few people here have a subscription to the site. Great article describing the work that Juan put in and how luck also played a part in getting his chance.

https://theathletic.com/2365185/2021/02/04/warriors-juan-toscano-anderson/

BM1090

• All American
Re: Juan Anderson
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 06:30:19 PM »
“Juan is just a fantastic competitor,” coach Steve Kerr said. “He’s one of our smartest players in terms of just having a feel for the game at both ends. I love Juan. In my book, he’s not a two-way player, he’s a big part of our team and showed why tonight. What a skill to be able to not even be active for 10 days or so and come in and prepare day after day for his chance and his chance comes and he comes out and kills it. That’s who Juan is and that’s why we love him.”

This is just a teaser from The Athletic article today. I know quite a few people here have a subscription to the site. Great article describing the work that Juan put in and how luck also played a part in getting his chance.

https://theathletic.com/2365185/2021/02/04/warriors-juan-toscano-anderson/

Solid article.

Juan will start for the Warriors tonight on TNT. He should see a ton of minutes in the next few weeks as Paschall, Wiseman and Looney are all injured.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 06:37:29 PM »
Wojo unleashed Juan.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 07:54:02 PM »
For so many athletes, luck and opportunity are so huge. There are players out there who are better than Juan but simply will not get the same kind of opportunity.

Congrats to Juan for taking advantage of his chance. I always liked the passion and hustle he brought when he was a Warrior. If only he had the same skill package then that he has now!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 09:10:11 PM »
Another great game tonight.  Amazing story.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 09:12:28 PM »
Another great game tonight.  Amazing story.

Only went 2/4 from 3.

Off game. Haha.

Its really crazy to see the role hes created for himself.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 09:12:34 PM »
Very happy for Juan. 14 pts, 8 rebs, 5 assists and 2 blocks tonight. They also mentioned the article in the athletic and spoke very nicely about him.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2021, 09:13:14 PM »
He also played 40 minutes..

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2021, 09:16:58 PM »
For so many athletes, luck and opportunity are so huge. There are players out there who are better than Juan but simply will not get the same kind of opportunity.

Congrats to Juan for taking advantage of his chance. I always liked the passion and hustle he brought when he was a Warrior. If only he had the same skill package then that he has now!

I think Juan heading to Mexico to play really made a huge difference, versus the standard G League path.  For someone who is looking to develop more than just scoring, I think other professional leagues are superior for that development compared to the G League, especially if you’re not lined up for a two-way or slated to be a top 1 or 2 guys in a team.

Go develop your game for a year or two, then gun at summer league

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 09:52:12 PM »

Juan improved, but his baseline level of talent was always there in its raw unrefined form .  Juan just worked very hard at refining his skills to create the package he has now and most importantly embraced his role as a junk yard dog defender.

Juan also has two big factors in his favor.  The coach loves his style of play and the best player on the team enjoys playing with him. In the NBA that will take you places.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 09:56:07 PM »
Juan also has two big factors in his favor.  The coach loves his style of play and the best player on the team enjoys playing with him. In the NBA that will take you places.

Yep. Kerr’s comments remind me a lot of  things Sloan said about Wesley 15 years ago.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2021, 06:52:55 AM »
More surprising 2NBA: Juan or Dwight?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2021, 07:03:38 AM »
He is finally living up to his high school highlight videos.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2021, 07:10:01 AM »

I’d say Juan by quite a bit
Bring back FFP!!!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2021, 07:37:51 AM »

Chris Crawford

MU82

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 07:51:25 AM »
Juan improved, but his baseline level of talent was always there in its raw unrefined form .  Juan just worked very hard at refining his skills to create the package he has now and most importantly embraced his role as a junk yard dog defender.

I can't tell if you're suggesting that Buzz for 3 years and Wojo for 1 somehow did wrong by Juan, but he didn't just "improve." He has improved a zillion-fold. He is nothing now like he was then.

I think Juan heading to Mexico to play really made a huge difference, versus the standard G League path.  For someone who is looking to develop more than just scoring, I think other professional leagues are superior for that development compared to the G League, especially if you’re not lined up for a two-way or slated to be a top 1 or 2 guys in a team.

Go develop your game for a year or two, then gun at summer league

Great comment. Playing in other countries with more established pros could definitely help a lot of these guys.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2021, 08:02:10 AM »
Some kids are just really late bloomers.  They figure out the weaknesses in their game and they improve it.  Some kids long for their high school days of dunking on kids who barely made the team.  Back when they were the biggest fish in a little pond.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 08:20:06 AM »
I would have said Buycks till recently where Juan's getting legit time and looks on a decent team unlike last year where it was essentially forced because of injuries.
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2021, 08:36:00 AM »
For me Buycks always seemed to have a game more suited for the NBA than college. He thrived in more of an iso type of environment and faster paced.

I remember when Juan was signed for training camp by the Warriors. I thought it was a nice bone they were throwing to a local player. It’s been awesome to see Juan take that opportunity and run with it.

The comparison to Wes’ start is spot on. He does the little things and brings a ton of energy. Someone the coach can count on. He seems to fit in the mold of why NBA guys like players from the Buzz era.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2021, 09:33:33 AM »
For me Buycks always seemed to have a game more suited for the NBA than college. He thrived in more of an iso type of environment and faster paced.

With Buycks, the ability was apparent. He had the athleticism, the shot, and the instincts. The only thing he didn't have was enough control over his game. He was a bit too playground. That's why he thrived so much in the Milwaukee Pro-Am. And going to France, improving his handle, and really learning to be a point guard, all that focused the raw ability that was always there.

Juan still shocks me. I mean, after his high school mixtapes, sure, but while he was here he never seemed to have the tools to play at that level. I feel it has to be a combination of the amount of work he put in and maybe a bit of misuse here. Regardless, kudos to him for how far he's come.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2021, 09:37:37 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2021, 09:40:32 AM »
Chris Crawford

If you google him it says
education: office of residence life

Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2021, 09:44:34 AM »
Amal McCaskill resurfacing after an extended absence was surprising to me.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2021, 09:53:19 AM »
If you google him it says
education: office of residence life

That’s what google said yesterday for the guy who donated the 31mill

Weird
Bring back FFP!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2021, 10:17:13 AM »
Copa.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.