[Today at 08:37:20 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MISSING: Thomas Hecht  (Read 13523 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: MISSING: Thomas Hecht
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »
Sounds like the sad ending we all feared. His family is in our prayers.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 01:38:32 PM »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 08:55:00 AM »
I find the location of where he was found interesting. Granted we dont know where he entered the river, but come on... 12 days later he was found floating maybe 500 yards from where he was last seen? considering how many people and how many searches they did for him... why did it take 12 days?

Not trying to insinuate any conspiracys or anything... i just find it puzzling.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

nyg

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 09:15:32 AM »
I find the location of where he was found interesting. Granted we dont know where he entered the river, but come on... 12 days later he was found floating maybe 500 yards from where he was last seen? considering how many people and how many searches they did for him... why did it take 12 days?

Not trying to insinuate any conspiracys or anything... i just find it puzzling.

When a body falls into water, it will sink.  If you fell into a swimming pool and drowned, your body will be found at the bottom of the pool, not on top.  That is why police and rescue units will utilize "drag" devices to skim the riverbed in the search for human remains.  The depth of the water plays a huge factor in the recovery process.

When this young man fell into the river he sunk to the river bed.  His body might have been moved by the current and got tangled up in some river debris or vegetation which would have held the body in place temporarily.  As human body decomposition takes place, gases build up within the body causing a "balloon" effect within the body.  If the remains are not securely tangled up by an underground branch or something, the balloon effect which cause the body to rise to the surface area. The current then usually takes the remains to the shoreline and then found.  Police refer to these remains as "floaters". The decomposition process takes about 7 to 8 days, so not suprising in this man's death and recovery.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 09:22:26 AM »
When a body falls into water, it will sink.  If you fell into a swimming pool and drowned, your body will be found at the bottom of the pool, not on top.  That is why police and rescue units will utilize "drag" devices to skim the riverbed in the search for human remains.  The depth of the water plays a huge factor in the recovery process.

When this young man fell into the river he sunk to the river bed.  His body might have been moved by the current and got tangled up in some river debris or vegetation which would have held the body in place temporarily.  As human body decomposition takes place, gases build up within the body causing a "balloon" effect within the body.  If the remains are not securely tangled up by an underground branch or something, the balloon effect which cause the body to rise to the surface area. The current then usually takes the remains to the shoreline and then found.  Police refer to these remains as "floaters". The decomposition process takes about 7 to 8 days, so not suprising in this man's death and recovery.

Thank you.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 09:34:13 AM »
In an extremely morbid way, I found nyg's post really interesting.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »
I am a big believer that there is a serial killer in La Crosse, however here I think it may have been the case of jumping a fence to create a short cut home, he lived in the Union Point building, far end of Commerce. 

I lived in Brewers Hill for 5 years and made the walk from Water Street a number of times.  I can imagine he made a routine jump of a fence / railing or the like and tripped, fell and drowned.   While there are parking lots utilized by Water Street patrons there is not a ton of foot traffic on the Cherry street bridge and even less on the Pleasant street one.  Someone falling in the water could have gone unnoticed.  Really, really sad. R.I.P.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart