'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Olivier-Maxence Prosper to MU  (Read 23654 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Olivier-Maxence Prosper to MU
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2021, 02:20:29 PM »
A lot of people seem to think "Shaka's system" is what his teams looked like at VCU.
In the meantime, this guy started 70 games for Shaka between 2017 and 2019.

We’re ignoring the last 4 years of Shaka’s coaching arc.  I don’t think any of us know what “Shaka’s system” at Marquette will look like.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2021, 02:24:51 PM »
You're a special kind of dense.

I'm dense? If he and Shaka have some kind of understanding then why can't he just come out and say if things workout I'll go pro. If not I'll return to MU. Is there some rule he can't say that please enlighten me; or is it more likely he is weighing his options to go somewhere else?

Perhaps being one schollie over is Shaka's way of telling us something.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:31:29 PM by muwarrior69 »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2021, 02:37:41 PM »
I'm dense? If he and Shaka have some kind of understanding then why can't he just come out and say if things workout I'll go pro. If not I'll return to MU. Is there some rule he can't say that please enlighten me; or is it more likely he is weighing his options to go somewhere else?

He did say that. In his entering the draft statement.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2021, 02:39:55 PM »
He did say that. In his entering the draft statement.

Then why all the conjecture about him returning? Everyone thinks he is NBA ready? Why over recruit?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:42:20 PM by muwarrior69 »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2021, 02:43:31 PM »
Then why all the conjecture about him returning?

Because he said exactly what you said. If I get positive feedback, I will go pro. If I don't, I will return to school.

Right now, all the information we have access to says the feedback will not be positive.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2021, 02:45:07 PM »
Then why all the conjecture about him returning? Everyone thinks he is NBA ready? Why over recruit?

Really?

I truly hope you're just trolling with a "but I don't understand" schtick. If so, bravo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2021, 02:45:27 PM »

It is. That one or more of Greg, Jose, and/or Dexter will be leaving.

Why over recruit?

See above.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2021, 02:47:19 PM »
The fact that he is not practicing with the team has me wondering is he a team player.
JFC.  ::)
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2021, 02:51:53 PM »
What a change in philosophy.  It seemed like Wojo treated scholarships like gold and hated giving them out, wanting to always keep 2-3 in his pocket just in case.  Shaka is giving them away like candy and everything will work its way out.
Agreed, stark difference in approach. Wojo spent his time going after top 30 recruits-- I think it was a reflection of the Duke approach of getting the top level of players and letting them do their thing. In contrast, Shaka definitely has a type that he looks for that he believes will fit his system, and ranking isn't the be all and end all.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2021, 03:00:47 PM »
It is. That one or more of Greg, Jose, and/or Dexter will be leaving.

See above.

Then why are they waiting to enter the transfer portal? They can't see the writing on the wall? Was practice an audition to see who does not get cut? Or was Shaka toying with all of them? So Oso knows he is not being cut, but Shaka is just holding on to these guys until a Bates or some other player bites? I would already have a position lined up if I knew the boss was looking for a better fit.

At least Symir knew to get out.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:02:24 PM by muwarrior69 »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2021, 03:04:20 PM »
Then why are they waiting to enter the transfer portal? They can't see the writing on the wall? Was practice an audition to see who does not get cut? Or was Shaka toying with all of them? So Oso knows he is not being cut, but Shaka is just holding on to these guys until a Bates or some other player bites? I would already have a position lined up if I knew the boss was looking for a better fit.

Maybe you should just realize that you have no idea what the dynamics are behind the scenes and wait to see what happens instead of making dumb observations and asking dumb questions.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2021, 03:06:10 PM »
To get this back on topic and away from the existential questions of the day.

Saw in the interview with Shaka. Said O-Max graduated high school a year early. Junior year of HS to the ACC. So...hope everyone is ready to hear about how young he is. But Todd is gonna get a good chance to build him up.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2021, 03:07:25 PM »

You sound like the 5 year old who replies to every answer with "why?".

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2021, 03:09:19 PM »

Maybe you should just realize that you have no idea what the dynamics are behind the scenes and wait to see what happens instead of making dumb observations and asking dumb questions.

I think I perfectly know the dynamics. Fluffy, you can stay until I find someone better to debate on Scoop. Bye Fluff, I just found Hards-Alum.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2021, 03:10:34 PM »

Bruh. Chill.

mumi27

• Starter
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2021, 03:11:03 PM »
I think I perfectly know the dynamics. Fluffy, you can stay until I find someone better to debate on Scoop. Bye Fluff, I just found Hards-Alum.

Swing and a miss

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2021, 03:11:15 PM »

I don't think you understand teal either, bud.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »
Because he said exactly what you said. If I get positive feedback, I will go pro. If I don't, I will return to school.

Right now, all the information we have access to says the feedback will not be positive.

He was very careful with his words, and said school, not necessarily Marquette.  Dawson is exploring his options, pro or otherwise.  Good for him.

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2021, 03:13:34 PM »

Wow, just wow!!  Too funny.  None of us have any idea what Shaka has said to any of the returning players or incoming recruits and it really is none of our business, but you are making it your business and already trying to stir up trouble where there is none.  Dawson Garcia was very specific saying he was testing the NBA and would return to school if he was told he wasn't ready.  That is why he has not entered the transfer portal, as many others have done who are also looking at the NBA.  Let it go and let Shaka do his job. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:15:25 PM by MU1980 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2021, 03:14:03 PM »
To get this back on topic and away from the existential questions of the day.

Saw in the interview with Shaka. Said O-Max graduated high school a year early. Junior year of HS to the ACC. So...hope everyone is ready to hear about how young he is. But Todd is gonna get a good chance to build him up.

Markus was only 17, sources say!

Seriously, that is good info to know. Looks like a world of potential for O-Max -- as well as a great nickname and, no doubt, a fantastic accent.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2021, 03:14:54 PM »

You sound like the 5 year old who replies to every answer with "why?".

If you want a clean slate, then why drag it out. Just be up front with the kids and tell them its time to move on. Then we can welcome on the new players.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2021, 03:15:58 PM »
If you want a clean slate, then why drag it out. Just be up front with the kids and tell them its time to move on. Then we can welcome on the new players.

How do you know that Shaka hasn't been up front with them? 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2021, 03:16:47 PM »

Please, please, please stop pretending like you have any clue as to what is going on with the roster and what has been told to the current players.  Just stop. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2021, 03:18:29 PM »
What is the record for most Scoop Takes in one thread?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2021, 03:19:46 PM »
Iz O-Max like da Big O. If sew, Hoo woodant want an O-Max, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback