Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Did The Bleacher Report Just Call MU (the the Big East) mid-majors?  (Read 23746 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Did The Bleacher Report Just Call MU (the the Big East) mid-majors?
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2015, 06:22:03 PM »
Half of the current Big East members (Marquette, DePaul, Creighton, Xavier and Butler) were all playing in a mid major conference within the last 10 years.  When you regularly have national powerhouses leave the conference being replaced by schools from mid majors it's not unfathomable for some to consider the Big East as a mid major.

I think they're wrong in the assumption but time will tell.
The Big East is not remotely close to being a mid major. Every school is very desirable from an academic standpoint and the basketball history and tradition of all schools are well developed. It is not part of the Power 5 because of football. Yet all our schools are competing and winning on top recruits.

When we play schools like Arizona State. Tennessee or Georgia Tech, go look at their local media, they consider  playing us a very important game.

Over time I believe people will come to value our double round format and the rivalries it is already creating. The name recognition of opposing teams and coaches builds over time as well which only adds fuel to the fire. I am delighted we are in the Big East.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

silverback

• Starter
Re: Did The Bleacher Report Just Call MU (the the Big East) mid-majors?
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2015, 06:44:27 PM »
It's Bleacher Report. It's a site that built itself on luring hack wannabes and college kids willing to work for free just to pretend they're sports writers. BR hung ads on their click bait, list driven drivel and eventually drummed up enough money to hire some real writers and stick themselves on Sirius XM and such. That doesn't mean the network itself doesn't still "employ" hordes of volunteer knuckledraggers. As the quote rolls: "No man but a blockhead ever wrote expect for money."

You may read BR stories if you wish. I would rather read Cat Fancy published in Lithuanian.

John Scott Lewinski
www.lewinskiwrites.com

feedback