'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Deonte Burton sighting on campus  (Read 10898 times)

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
Deonte Burton sighting on campus
« on: May 06, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
I just saw Deonte walking down 12th st and into the AL. Was really surprised to see him around, I guess he's still close with his buddies Duane and JJJ. And there mustn't be any bad blood between him and Wojo/the staff. Good to know that he still feels welcome here.

tower912

• All American
Re: Deonte Burton sighting on campus
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »
Thanks.   Hopefully, another myth can drift away. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 11:42:43 AM »
Guess I'm too much of an old school hard ass. Don't want to be here? Fine, there's the door. See ya. The Al would be off-limits. Reserved for MU players. Go work out in Ames.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 11:44:51 AM »
You are making an assumption. It could be he forgot some personal stuff in his old locker. Or he could have been going back to gloat about Iowa State's magnificent run through the Dance or how much better life is in Ames. And there is the possibility he was heading into the Al to give Wojo a piece of his mind..."and another thing..."  

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 11:47:43 AM »
Most likely his term is over and he came home for a few weeks before his summer sessions begin and decided to go visit old friends. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 11:53:03 AM »
And there mustn't be any bad blood between him and Wojo/the staff.

Never was. That parting of ways was as mutual as it gets.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 11:55:12 AM »
Most likely his term is over and he came home for a few weeks before his summer sessions begin and decided to go visit old friends. 

well, there is that, of course...

I always thought the kid wanted a change of scenery. He lost his Mom and wanted to get some perspective on life. Damned hard thing to have to cope with under normal circumstances but put that on a 20 year old who has the added burden of two full time jobs (student + athlete)

Death on call

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »

BS. Ners told us the real story

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 12:00:43 PM »
I just saw Deonte walking down 12th st and into the AL. Was really surprised to see him around, I guess he's still close with his buddies Duane and JJJ. And there mustn't be any bad blood between him and Wojo/the staff. Good to know that he still feels welcome here.

But was he in a walking boot?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 12:02:49 PM »
But was he in a walking boot?

Beat me to it.  So, bravo.  And why this better be in the meme tourney.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 12:09:03 PM »

Your wording suggests a degree of animosity...

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 12:28:27 PM »
Guess I'm too much of an old school hard ass. Don't want to be here? Fine, there's the door. See ya. The Al would be off-limits. Reserved for MU players. Go work out in Ames.

Yeah, that would work out nice if in a year or two Deonte has a friend who Marquette is trying to recruit.
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »
Maybe he and Wojo were going to go to Real Chili for lunch.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 12:43:16 PM »
Maybe he and Wojo were going to go to Real Chili for lunch.

Some things don't need to be said

Death on call

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 12:58:05 PM »
Not that I care, but surprised there aren't more restrictions on using other NCAA teams facilities. I'm sure ISU doesn't care since he can't go to MU but imagine JJJ walking and hanging out the badgers practice facility. Could set up some recruiting violations.

I look at is a college student visiting friends and we all did that in college.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »
Not that I care, but surprised there aren't more restrictions on using other NCAA teams facilities. I'm sure ISU doesn't care since he can't go to MU but imagine JJJ walking and hanging out the badgers practice facility. Could set up some recruiting violations.

I look at is a college student visiting friends and we all did that in college.

We don't know what Deonte was doing.  "Walking into the Al" could mean he was simply visiting players and coaches.  Could mean he was playing pick up ball.  I for one doubt he was working out in any way because liability could be an issue.

And its a little different than JJJ going into UW's practice facility.  JJJ isn't a former UW athlete and didn't grow up in Madison.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 01:23:04 PM »
Yeah, that would work out nice if in a year or two Deonte has a friend who Marquette is trying to recruit.

Reason #258 why it's a good thing I'm not a coach.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 01:35:05 PM »
Reason #258 why it's a good thing I'm not a coach.

Coaches simply can't be that way.    If you shut that door completely, the story goes around and it certainly can't help you.    If you treat someone poorly, it will turn off everyone associated with that person.    You hear all the time about coaches (for example, Ben Howland) who's recruiting has suffered because they have got on the wrong side of the high school/AAU coaches.   Because they did wrong by a player.    In short, staying friendly with Deonte harms nobody.   Cutting him off could eliminate MU from consideration for some future players as much as latent (and blatatant) racism among the Wisconsin fanbase as an affect on some recruits. 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 11:54:44 AM »
Most likely he is recruiting for Iowa St.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 12:39:42 PM »
I thought the story was his mother passed away and it profoundly affected him to the point he felt he needed to get out of Milwaukee and get a fresh start.  It had nothing to do with playing time, Wojo, personality clashes or the like.

Is that the way others remember it?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 12:56:18 PM »
I thought the story was his mother passed away and it profoundly affected him to the point he felt he needed to get out of Milwaukee and get a fresh start.  It had nothing to do with playing time, Wojo, personality clashes or the like.

Is that the way others remember it?

My guess is that he didn't always see eye to eye with the coaching staff and that was part of the reason he was unhappy in Milwaukee.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 03:40:44 PM »

My guess is that he didn't always see eye to eye with the coaching staff and that was part of the reason he was unhappy in Milwaukee.
Wojo kicked him when he was down by starting Cohen over him.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »
Coaches simply can't be that way.    If you shut that door completely, the story goes around and it certainly can't help you.    If you treat someone poorly, it will turn off everyone associated with that person.    You hear all the time about coaches (for example, Ben Howland) who's recruiting has suffered because they have got on the wrong side of the high school/AAU coaches.   Because they did wrong by a player.    In short, staying friendly with Deonte harms nobody.   Cutting him off could eliminate MU from consideration for some future players as much as latent (and blatatant) racism among the Wisconsin fanbase as an affect on some recruits. 

Cutting him off could eliminate us from consideration of future recruits? Yeah, I'm sure if they didn't welcome him with open arms after he transferred, that would be a huge strike against in the eyes of a recruit  ::) He chose to leave, we don't owe him anything.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 07:57:58 PM »
Cutting him off could eliminate us from consideration of future recruits? Yeah, I'm sure if they didn't welcome him with open arms after he transferred, that would be a huge strike against in the eyes of a recruit  ::) He chose to leave, we don't owe him anything.

It absolutely does no harm to simply be nice to him if he wants to come visit his former teammates. 

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 09:38:19 AM »

It absolutely does no harm to simply be nice to him if he wants to come visit his former teammates. 

Evidently, Wojo's Mojo is peevishness.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.