[Today at 11:29:24 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 10:38:12 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:31:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by lawdog77
[Today at 07:08:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Latest Notre Dame Scandal  (Read 24554 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Latest Notre Dame Scandal
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2011, 10:43:58 AM »
That would be a shockingly stupid thing to do.  I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it would be really, really dumb.  At some point, ti's almost certain that someone is going to see the full video. 

Notre Dame was shockingly stupid without the video by saying it was a beautiful day.  Everyone in the midwest knew of the crazy wind gusts that week. 

I think they are trying to cover their ass and make the video look like there was nothing out of the ordinary going on with the weather that day.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2011, 11:43:45 AM »
"Notre Dame was shockingly stupid without the video by saying it was a beautiful day.  Everyone in the midwest knew of the crazy wind gusts that week. 

I think they are trying to cover their ass and make the video look like there was nothing out of the ordinary going on with the weather that day."

You have every right to "think" that, and you might be right. I simply don't know. There are a lot of other things I don't know. For example, what does the rest of the statement say?  The site obviously has the document, why do they only give a portion of the first sentence. Would you admit that it's possible that Kelly started the statement by describing the beginning of the day ("It was a beautiful day..."), and then continued with what happened later ("...and then the winds picked up...")?  I don't know. Do you?  I think I'd like to see that context before I conclude that ND is trying to claim that there was nothing out of the ordinary with the weather that day.  One of the stupidest things you can do is take a position that can be proven false. I'd be very surprised if ND is trying to go down that path because everyone knows how the weather was that day.

Again, all I'm saying is ND has a lot more to lose than to gain by covering this up that doesn't mean that they aren't doing it, but none of what I've seen (including ND's very candid apology shortly after the accident) lead me to think that this is the case.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2011, 12:31:49 PM »
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-03-15/news/ct-met-notre-dame-lift-investigation-20110315_1_declan-sullivan-notre-dame-student-student-videographer

"It was a beautiful day," the investigator quoted Kelly as saying. "It was 68 degrees and I remember looking up 11:54 a.m. and the wind was 22 miles per hour."

According to Kelly's account, weather conditions remained normal until "a big gust of wind hit me." Swarbrick described the same gust in his interview, saying Gatorade bottles, footballs and clothing started flying around the field.

This has been Notre Dame's argument the entire time.  It was a fine summer day when completely out of nowhere with no warning a huge gust of wind came.  

Obviously I have no idea if it's true or not, but I think they edited the videos to make it seem exactly as they say.

Throughout the midwest those two or three days, there were constant gusts of wind.  Even the victim tweeted how bad the wind was.  Everyone seemed to know this except Notre Dame.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:37:08 PM by TallTitan34 »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »
As I said before, you might be right. ND might be shockingly stupid...they wouldn't be the first (or the last).

However, I'll reiterate that as a general matter, I wouldn't make too much of the fact that someone does not turn over everything that is requested. Often there is a good explanation. This case might be a exception.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2011, 02:21:04 PM »
And if they did edit those videos to misrepresent how the weather was that day, I suspect that will become one of the more expensive film editing sessions in recent memory. Bad, bad idea.