Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ESPN Rankings - Diamond Stone #3 in Class of '15  (Read 12343 times)

Canadian Dimes

• All American
Re: ESPN Rankings - Diamond Stone #3 in Class of '15
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 04:36:04 PM »
Actually wade dis but then Crean pissed of larry butler

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »
Looks like Stone, the younger Ellenson, and Brandon Key (who I like) are the only ones who were on the rankings or close to them on ESPN.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. Wade was that level of player and it didn't open those proverbial floodgates. And what someone does once they get here is far more important than their rating coming in. And with 3 years left before he graduates, he could end up a top-10 player or outside the top-50. I think we're all hoping Stone follows Burton, Wilson, and (fingers crossed) McKay and Looney to Marquette, but results on the court bring in recruits more than an individual.

If we make a couple Final Fours and maybe win a title, that'll open the floodgates, but I can't see any one player having that impact with his commitment alone.

I would argue Wade was not from Chicago. There's a huge difference (when it comes to high school basketball) of being from "Chicago" and from Chicago.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 02:28:05 PM »
I would argue Wade was not from Chicago. There's a huge difference (when it comes to high school basketball) of being from "Chicago" and from Chicago.

I'm merely talking about how much of an impact any one guy can have on a program. Not in terms of bringing other talent from his hometown, but that if recruits were ever going to flood to a university because of the success a guy had, Wade was that guy, regardless of his HS ranking.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 03:04:30 PM »
I'm merely talking about how much of an impact any one guy can have on a program. Not in terms of bringing other talent from his hometown, but that if recruits were ever going to flood to a university because of the success a guy had, Wade was that guy, regardless of his HS ranking.
I feel like wade brought us to national exposure (changing from conference USA to BEAST). Now that we have the national exposure I believe getting a top 5 recruit would indeed open the floodgates as we have seen Burton has done for D. Wilson and Mckay.