'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New arena  (Read 13018 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: New arena
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »
As a long standing season ticket holder around like minded individuals, I'd politely ask and expect any stubhub interloper to politely wait for a break in the action.  Chick and I do the same.  On rare occasion, we may be late getting back from halftime.  I'll gladly wait at the tunnel railing until the under 16 timeout.  I would never inconvenience a fellow STH and we're smack dab in the middle of our row.

We were on an aisle, but I would wait until a whistle to head up as well. Didn't want to block views during play.

Only problem is the ushers didn't understand this concept, and would get annoyed with anyone who waited there.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2018, 09:43:02 AM »
We were on an aisle, but I would wait until a whistle to head up as well. Didn't want to block views during play.

Only problem is the ushers didn't understand this concept, and would get annoyed with anyone who waited there.

We actually get to know our usher each year.  Our favorite was a few years back.  Great guy.  Got promoted into a supervisory position and still says hello when we see him courtside.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2018, 09:54:25 AM »
It's so annoying when people do this during the action.  Even worse, when it is the row ahead of you and the folks decide to chat for awhile before they actually sit down.  We aren't particularly polite when that happens.

Well, I'm not polite in general.

To add to that discussion, we will on rare occasions have one of our kids sit with us.  Now not on something like NMD of course but for Chicago State, sure.  There's always 'coat seats' around us and our group is generally one big happy family so we make it work easily.  Plus when either kid was still in school, our well-seasoned neighbors would love chatting them up.  All good.

Flipside, I get more annoyed by the stubhubers taking their 50th selfie because 'Look, I'm at a Marquette game!'  Less so by the 'good seat stealers' assuming they are into the action and not negatively impacting true STHs who we all know and recognize. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2018, 10:24:47 AM »
As a long standing season ticket holder around like minded individuals, I'd politely ask and expect any stubhub interloper to politely wait for a break in the action.  Chick and I do the same.  On rare occasion, we may be late getting back from halftime.  I'll gladly wait at the tunnel railing until the under 16 timeout.  I would never inconvenience a fellow STH and we're smack dab in the middle of our row.

This is why I've been on a corner section in the 400s in row A for years. I absolutely hate people who stand up during action.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2018, 10:34:33 AM »
Huh, the couple times I've actually had to come back during action the usher has held me until there was a  stoppage. Not necessarily a time out, but until there free throws or something
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2018, 10:36:18 AM »
For example, the BC has 10 sections in the lower bowl courtside, baseline to baseline.  The new arena has six. The new arena has a lot more seats in the lower bowl. I don't enjoy getting up and down 20 times a half for those who are grabbing food, drinks or taking a piss in those long rows (and I am sure like the BC, the concession lines will be long and slow).

Like Miller Park, it is a crap design with the long rows. Improved sightlines are great except when they are blocked so often.

I'd like to know how many seats there are base line to base line in the BC versus the new arena.  Hopefully, they are getting a lot of additional  seats between the base lines.  Hard to tell from the renderings, how many rows there are from the court to the top of the lower bowl between base lines, etc.  But those long rows are a concern, so hopefully they are getting a lot more premium seats for this inconvenience.  It might be an acceptable trade off, if they are generating a lot more good seats.   Also, will there be enough leg room (foot room?) to avoid everyone having to stand up when the guy in the middle wants to get out of the row?  Finally, it was darker in the old mecca during game play.  That discouraged people from getting up during game action.  I doubt the design of the new arena will be dark in the seating area, but it would be nice if the lights dimmed during game play. The BC is so bright it's as if it's set up for reading instead of watching a game.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2018, 10:53:32 AM »

Amen. However, I am also waiting for the cure for cancer and getting to world peace.

My favorite is at baseball games where guys always stand up when ordering their beers from a vendor to take their money out and to pass along the beers. Then when they sit down, they stretch their arm out behind their seats and put their elbow in my beer in my cup holder. Never figured that behavior out and it may take a doctoral thesis.

My only hope is that more fans will hang and watch the MU games from the clubs. It is a nice plus as friends sit in so many different places. In my experience, the ushers at the BC always wanted me out of the entrance as I waited for a stop. Must be a safety issue so I like the curtain approach.

Any way, it is just a nit that becomes annoying over 18 games over many seasons.