[May 13, 2024, 08:40:15 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by brewcity77
[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Disgraceful how many people in the lower bowl...  (Read 12891 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Disgraceful how many people in the lower bowl...
« on: December 06, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
Sold their tickets to Wisconsin fans.

Way to show a national tv audience that Marquette has no pride.

noblewarrior

• Starter
Re: Disgraceful how many people in the lower bowl...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:59:19 AM »
Greg Anthony, "this pro-Badger crowd"... not happy with that call...

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:07:37 PM »
Yep. For what? A 200 price tag, embarrassing. Look like a bunch of Viking fans.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 03:10:55 PM »

On this we agree. Pretty sad.

connie

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »
Too much of this yes, but you miss that many ticket holders take their Badger friends to this game, and vice versa.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 03:54:31 PM »
Too much of this yes, but you miss that many ticket holders take their Badger friends to this game, and vice versa.
There was a lot more than just that.  Too much red near my seats.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 03:54:53 PM »

This. People always freak out at this game that "Ugh. I can't believe there's red in the student section. Disgraceful!" When...

UW-Madison Student Section in 2011.

Goes both ways. What a shocker. People, and even college students value their friendships more than a rivalry. Not like they're killing puppies.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 04:22:55 PM »
I just got back from the game and I would say the crowd was 85% MU/15% Bucky.  In no way was this a home game for Bucky.  Not even close.  Maybe Greg Anthony said that but he is flat out wrong.

Keep in mind that Bucky is almost 5 times larger than MU and its alumni base in Milwaukee is larger than MU.

This thread is a perfect example of how scoopers force things that do not exist just to have something to bitch about.

brandx

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 04:29:18 PM »
I just got back from the game and I would say the crowd was 85% MU/15% Bucky.  In no way was this a home game for Bucky.  Not even close.  Maybe Greg Anthony said that but he is flat out wrong.

Keep in mind that Bucky is almost 5 times larger than MU and its alumni base in Milwaukee is larger than MU.

This thread is a perfect example of how scoopers force things that do not exist just to have something to bitch about.

I thought the same while watching it on TV - much in favor of MU

connie

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 04:35:07 PM »

Well, other than Derrick, sweater vests, the students and the band, what do we have to talk about?
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »

Almost as disgraceful as those who think Dick Strong should buy out WoJos contract.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »
Crowd was 70-30 MU... More red than two years ago, but with MU down and them coming off a FF it's not surprising.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »

Lookek more like 20%+ from my vantage point.  Way too much red in lower bowl and lots upstairs.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 04:37:26 PM »
Keep in mind that the team plays in the state of Wisconsin. I hate the Badgers, and Bo Ryan in particular, but the fact that there was red in the lower bowl was not disgraceful, it was to be expected. It was also the same as it has been every single time they play.

Nothing to see here.  

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 04:47:46 PM »
Keep in mind that the team plays in the state of Wisconsin. I hate the Badgers, and Bo Ryan in particular, but the fact that there was red in the lower bowl was not disgraceful, it was to be expected. It was also the same as it has been every single time they play.

Nothing to see here.  
Uhh, there was way too much red in the lower bowl. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 04:57:06 PM »
Uhh, there was way too much red in the lower bowl. 

Actually there was not.  I'm surprised their was not more.  Bucky fans might not be as good as advertised.

I've seen as many MU fans in games at South bend and the last time I checked MU does not many thousands of alumni in the south bend area.

Lookek more like 20%+ from my vantage point.  Way too much red in lower bowl and lots upstairs.

I said 15%, you come back with this.  Are we really going to argue about made up numbers?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 06:16:36 PM »
This. People always freak out at this game that "Ugh. I can't believe there's red in the student section. Disgraceful!" When...

UW-Madison Student Section in 2011.

Goes both ways. What a shocker. People, and even college students value their friendships more than a rivalry. Not like they're killing puppies.

Holy crap even the Kohl Center security guy was wearing gold!
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 06:24:21 PM »
Actually I was impressed with the MU crowd.  I thought the Badgers would gain 50% status.  Not even close and mabe the best student showing ever.  The poor taste chants were disappointing but didn't detract from a fun game.  Defense was remarkable.  This team is setting up for a bright future.  Nice coaching Wojo.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 06:33:36 PM »
Crowd was very MU.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 06:38:37 PM »
I was surprised how many Badger fans I saw in the Courtside Club, because it's pretty tough to transfer those with your tickets on an electronic ticket exchange.

Then I realized that there are probably a lot of folks who use their tickets (and Courtside Club passes) to entertain clients, and if you have some that are Bucky fans, this is the  game you are going to take them to.
Have some patience, FFS.

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 07:01:16 PM »
My preference would be 0% red but unfortunately that isn't reality.  I would guess 80/20 or 75/25, I thought it would be worse so I was pleasantly surprised.  I will be giving the cold shoulder to my seat mates who sold to red, most were ok but as usual a few who were intolerable.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 07:30:40 PM »

That was my experience too

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »
I was surprised how many Badger fans I saw in the Courtside Club, because it's pretty tough to transfer those with your tickets on an electronic ticket exchange.

Then I realized that there are probably a lot of folks who use their tickets (and Courtside Club passes) to entertain clients, and if you have some that are Bucky fans, this is the  game you are going to take them to.

+1

I talked to a friend in the courtside club wearing Red.  He is a MU season ticket holder and Bucky Alum.  He roots for MU in every game except against Bucky (again thinks enough of MU to buy season tickets).

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2014, 07:57:54 PM »

This. Great showing by MU fans. It was driving the Becky fans by me nuts.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »
Greg Anthony, "this pro-Badger crowd"... not happy with that call...

Not impress with Anthony & Albert, their comments seemed to be without much depth.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust