[Today at 04:54:28 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nunn Visiting  (Read 66233 times)

LAZER

• All American
Re: Nunn Visiting
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2012, 09:47:29 AM »
Sound like his Dad is ready to commit - hope Kendrick is on the same page.

I think it sounds like they're very happy with MU, but are going to wait to hear from UCLA and UNC.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2012, 09:52:47 AM »
I think it sounds like they're very happy with MU, but are going to wait to hear from UCLA and UNC.

Which could lead JP Tokoto right back to MU when Nunn takes his scholarship...

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2012, 10:02:55 AM »
Has anyone told Nunn yet that despite playing the Big East, despite playing for a great coach like Buzz, despite playing in a NBA arena, despite travelling by charter to all games, he might have to live in a dorm like other Freshmen?  Someone please conceal from him as long as possible so we still have a chance before we become SLUesque.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2012, 10:04:08 AM »
Has anyone told Nunn yet that despite playing the Big East, despite playing for a great coach like Buzz, despite playing in a NBA arena, despite travelling by charter to all games, he might have to live in a dorm like other Freshmen?  Someone please conceal from him as long as possible so we still have a chance before we become SLUesque.
  Give it a rest, dude.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »
  Give it a rest, dude.

As soon as the chick little brigade does, I will be happy to comply.  I've never seen a group of pity party fans that constantly look for anything to blame for the impending collapse of the program that hasn't happened. 
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2012, 10:13:41 AM »
As soon as the chick little brigade does, I will be happy to comply.  I've never seen a group of pity party fans that constantly look for anything to blame for the impending collapse of the program that hasn't happened. 
  Your d-baggery continues to amaze.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »

You're moved well past the tiresome point and on to just sort of sad, taking any small negative comment and turning it into your personal wardrum to beat just to wind people up. Do you really get such joy out of trying to belabor the same couple arguments for days, weeks, and sometimes even months on end? Your backyard must look like a horse graveyard, because I think you've beaten just about every one in existence to death.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »
I think all of you idiots need to stop fighting with each other over stupid crap.  You're killing good threads.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
I think all of you idiots need to stop fighting with each other over stupid crap.  You're killing good threads.

this

all of you hairy wet cats are to blame
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2012, 10:54:22 AM »

And those are rare these days...

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »
You're moved well past the tiresome point and on to just sort of sad, taking any small negative comment and turning it into your personal wardrum to beat just to wind people up. Do you really get such joy out of trying to belabor the same couple arguments for days, weeks, and sometimes even months on end? Your backyard must look like a horse graveyard, because I think you've beaten just about every one in existence to death.

Hmmmm...this description reminds me of someone. Maybe the beer summit is around those dead horses.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2012, 01:08:30 PM »

You're like a kindergartner complaining that "they started it!!!"

Back to the topic. A class of Dunn, Wilson, Burton, and McKay would have to rival that of any other in recent MU history. Obviously, they won't hit campus for a long time and can't really be judged until their careers are over, but it's fun to think about. Of course, there are some in the late 60's/70's that were epic, but those are before my time.

Other recent classes that compare:

2000: Wade, Blankson, Merritt, Sanders

2005: James, Matthews, McNeal, Burke, Mortensen

2009: DJO, Buycks, Junior, Maymon, E Will, Mbao, Roseboro

2010: Crowder, Blue, Gardner, J Wilson, J Jones, Smith, Newbill

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
The 2012 class looks very good too.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »
You're like a kindergartner complaining that "they started it!!!"

Back to the topic. A class of Dunn, Wilson, Burton, and McKay would have to rival that of any other in recent MU history. Obviously, they won't hit campus for a long time and can't really be judged until their careers are over, but it's fun to think about. Of course, there are some in the late 60's/70's that were epic, but those are before my time.

Other recent classes that compare:

2000: Wade, Blankson, Merritt, Sanders

2005: James, Matthews, McNeal, Burke, Mortensen

2009: DJO, Buycks, Junior, Maymon, E Will, Mbao, Roseboro

2010: Crowder, Blue, Gardner, J Wilson, J Jones, Smith, Newbill

A huge one that stopped MU's descent into Loyola-Chicago/Detroit status:

1990: McIlvaine, Key, Logterman, Brakes

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
Just an opinion, but I get the feeling Nunn wants to play for a blueblood (UNC, UCLA). He even brought up Kentucky's name unannounced in that other article. Would love for him to come here, though.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »
Just an opinion, but I get the feeling Nunn wants to play for a blueblood (UNC, UCLA). He even brought up Kentucky's name unannounced in that other article. Would love for him to come here, though.

Seconded.

Seems like Nunn the elder understands how MU could feature his son but you can't blame Kendrick for waiting to see if the upper echelon wants a look.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
Don't under estimate Marquette.  MU has been a great national basketball school for a long time!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2012, 03:39:24 PM »
A huge one that stopped MU's descent into Loyola-Chicago/Detroit status:

1990: McIlvaine, Key, Logterman, Brakes

Very good class and maybe one of the most important ever at MU given the circumstances. Seems like we get a conference player of the year in every recruiting year ending in 0.

90-McIlvain
00-Wade
10-Crowder

Hopefully we don't have to wait until 2020 to get another!
Hopefully

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »
Of course MU brings a lot to the table, but I'm also realistic. In the NCAA, there's an adult table and a kiddie table. At the adult table, you find schools like UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, and Indiana (sorry guys). At the kiddie table, you find schools like MU. This isn't meant to be an insult, because plenty of schools don't get to even sniff the kiddie table.

My point is, if you have the chance to go to UNC or UCLA, you take it. Schools like those offer so much in terms of exposure, tradition, academics, facilities, location, and weather.

Again, this is not meant to be an insult to MU. I believe MU is closer to the top than the bottom. But those elite schools are on a whole different level. 

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »
That's a bunch of baloney!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »
UCLA plays a more controlled offense, so I be surprised if he ended up there. Kentucky and North Carolina play a style that seems to better fit what he to play. However, he would have to worry about whether he would start at these schools and he would have to worry about being recruited over.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »
UNC, Kentucky, Duke and Kansas are at a different level then IU.

As sad as it is right now its more like

Kentucky

UNC, Duke, Kansas

UCLA, Michigan State, IU, Syracuse and a few more

MU and about 10-15 others

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »
My point is, if you have the chance to go to UNC or UCLA, you take it. Schools like those offer so much in terms of exposure, tradition, academics, facilities, location, and weather.

While I think what you say makes sense, if you look at Rivals 2012 in the top 25 players, plenty of these kids are going to the "kiddie table". eg Baylor, Providence, Pitt, UNLV, Ok State, Michigan, NC State, Wisconsin, Alabama, San Diego St.

In fact, I count 13 of the 25 going to "non-blueblood".

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2012, 04:15:45 PM »
He's just a kid.  His recruitment is the most exciting thing that has probably happened to him so far in his life and he wants to soak it all in.  Growing up committing all your time and energy to something makes you dream of being recruited by all the big names, that means UK, Kansas, Duke, UCLA, UNC, but it doesn't mean that they have any desire to attend those Universities, just to be recruited by them.  Heck if I knew I wanted to play at Marquette, I'd still want to be recruited by them, in fact I would enjoy turning them down just to say I did.

We shouldn't assume, because he wants to be a part of UK and UCLA's recruiting wish list that he also wants to go there, nor should we fault him if he does want to go there.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »
Most players who go to UNC are not concerned about starting, per se. since they will get plenty of PT.

With the secondary break offense that Roy runs he substitutes regularly and often when he has the depth of personnel to be able to do so.

Many former UNC non starters are playing in the league.

All the seemingly incessant talk about being recruited over applies to Duke more than UNC because K plays a much shorter bench and his starters often average more than 35 mins per game. Duke is the school with frequent transfers due to playing time.

Tokoto chose UNC, it's really time to move on and get over it.

UK under Calishady has established itself as the premier one and done school so for those who have no intention of being a student for longer than a semester, it's the perfect destination.

UNC, Duke and KU have had one and dones but its more the exception than the rule.

feedback