'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"  (Read 174966 times)

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Re: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"
« Reply #450 on: March 25, 2014, 12:33:44 AM »
Davante Gardner just said "Y'all talking about a whole bunch of nothing" on twitter...he tweeted this on paint touches calling out the MUTV guy for getting his info wrong about Shaka today.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:35:39 AM by Buzz'sBS »

Shark

• All American
« Reply #451 on: March 25, 2014, 12:33:51 AM »
This guy is a fraud. He was talking to @ShakaSmartMU and the phony Shaka account was telling him how excited he was coming back to Wisconsin to win a title. Completely bs

he was making fun of the terrible attempt at the fake account

NivTastic

• Walk-On
« Reply #452 on: March 25, 2014, 12:50:57 AM »
he was making fun of the terrible attempt at the fake account

And he has 6 retweets.  Fake impostors of jake thomas have more retweets, regardless of who won the marquette madness 3 point contest (davante).

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #453 on: March 25, 2014, 12:52:41 AM »
Vander tweeting as well. "Cant sleep dont wanna miss nothing" or something along those lines.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #454 on: March 25, 2014, 02:32:40 AM »
The immortal Ace Custis has his number retired at VA Tech. I'll never forget him hitting the free throws to best Marquette in the 1995 NIT Championship.

It was Shawn Smith who hit the FT's, yes?

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #455 on: March 25, 2014, 06:06:35 AM »
If there is another announcement today and it turns out to be comedysportz again, I think we can chalk this up to a brilliant marketing blitz on their part.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #456 on: March 25, 2014, 06:42:42 AM »
Sure hope this gets sorted out today. With over 500 posts and many contradictory statements, it looks like Mr. Shaka Con may be negotiating 3 ways (MU, Va. Tech and WF) which clouds things up a lot. If this ball is rolled the wrong way, we end up with an air ball. Hope MU can succeed here.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #457 on: March 25, 2014, 06:55:14 AM »
Sure hope this gets sorted out today. With over 500 posts and many contradictory statements, it looks like Mr. Shaka Con may be negotiating 3 ways (MU, Va. Tech and WF) which clouds things up a lot. If this ball is rolled the wrong way, we end up with an air ball. Hope MU can succeed here.

Shaka to VT?????   :o  :o  :o  :o   Maybe we can Buzz back.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #458 on: March 25, 2014, 06:58:32 AM »
Tom Pippines: My mistake. It is Shakira to Marquette.  Damn autocorrect!

Well the hips don't lie.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #459 on: March 25, 2014, 07:00:01 AM »
my opinion of willie warrior falls impossibly lower
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #460 on: March 25, 2014, 07:01:37 AM »
The immortal Ace Custis has his number retired at VA Tech. I'll never forget him hitting the free throws to best Marquette in the 1995 NIT Championship.

Uunnnghh!  Same here.  It was a long train ride back to Connecticut that night including having to deal with a bunch of VT alumni in the same car.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #461 on: March 25, 2014, 07:23:11 AM »
This is going to be a long day of work. Sucks go have to sift through all the bs that is out there.

It'd be nice to only see posts from ppl that are really in the know or better yet an official announcement from someone with some credibility. And I know, I'm posting and I'm none of those people.

Good thing I brought my charger to work with me.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #462 on: March 25, 2014, 07:25:58 AM »

Dude,  he isn't our coach yet and you are taking shots at the guy. What the hell is the matter with you.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #463 on: March 25, 2014, 07:28:35 AM »
The radio on the way in indicated that Marquette had tweeted something (between last night at 1030 and this morning apparently) that there has been no progression on smart?  I'm not on twitter - anyone follow a Marquette account giving that information?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #464 on: March 25, 2014, 07:29:01 AM »
Dude,  he isn't our coach yet and you are taking shots at the guy. What the hell is the matter with you.

Look who you are asking.    Think about it.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #465 on: March 25, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »
Look who you are asking.    Think about it.  

You are correct. Why bother.

This whole mess disgusts me. Either MU is botching this whole thing and it will blow up in their faces or Smart is playing all sides and giving the decision makers at MU false hope. How in the hell does all this false info get leaked to reliable sources, (not talking about the trolls).

If it is MU at fault, I still want Smart and hope they can work through it.  If it falls through, this is bad for the program because the next guy will be a letdown. Kind of like the Harley 100th
anniversary where everyone thought the Stones were playing and they trotted out Elton John.

If it is Smart giving false hope, then I am not sure I would want the guy anyway. Stop the insanity and go sign Howland. Can you imagine going through this BS every year with this guy like they do at VCU. That is absolutely not what the program needs right now.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #466 on: March 25, 2014, 07:45:07 AM »

This mess wouldn't be on him for negotiating, it would be on those conducting the search for MU being gullible.  Then they'll really have scared off any candidate with a pulse. 

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #467 on: March 25, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »
Serious question: could iwb be correct? And marquette and Shaka wanted to do it the right way behind the scenes with all players(schools, players, lawyers, etc) involved and set a certain timetable for those things along with an announcement without him actually playing more than one side?

I have no idea. This is what I'm hoping for and that various media outlets are just jumping the fun before marquette and Shaka wanted them to.

If he was serious about coming here and this gets botched by marquette, that would be disturbing. Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up for him. I do hope he is our next head coach. Howland would be fine as well but after all of this, I sure as hell hope he is our coach.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #468 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:03 AM »
Serious question: could iwb be correct? And marquette and Shaka wanted to do it the right way behind the scenes with all players(schools, players, lawyers, etc) involved and set a certain timetable for those things along with an announcement without him actually playing more than one side?

I have no idea. This is what I'm hoping for and that various media outlets are just jumping the fun before marquette and Shaka wanted them to.

If he was serious about coming here and this gets botched by marquette, that would be disturbing. Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up for him. I do hope he is our next head coach. Howland would be fine as well but after all of this, I sure as hell hope he is our coach.
Yep he sure could.  And others with sources are suggesting the same, i.e. Avenue Commons, PTM
No Finish Line

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #469 on: March 25, 2014, 07:56:20 AM »
Yep he sure could.  And others with sources are suggesting the same, i.e. Avenue Commons, PTM

Exactly. Not saying it's a done deal. But it's possible they're doing it the right way. So all recruits & players find out the right way. Can't tell Goodman or Hunt if that's the case.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #470 on: March 25, 2014, 07:58:12 AM »

It'll be nuts of he comes here. In a good way. It seems like it'll shock a lot of national media pundits however.

I just don't know how credible any of the sources on this board are and if iwb is wrong...might ruin his credibility to an extent.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #471 on: March 25, 2014, 07:59:39 AM »
Just a big fight amongst the journalists in order that they are the first ones to "break" the story.  It will never change. 

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #472 on: March 25, 2014, 07:59:47 AM »
The most disconcerting thing to me is the contention that MU has supposedly not asked VCU to talk to Shaka. I know these things are done through intermediaries, but would we at some point be expected to have contact with VCU, or is that not how it works?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #473 on: March 25, 2014, 08:01:54 AM »
Looks like we are getting ????......check Marquette's current staff

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/marq-m-baskbl-mtt.html

Then check out Brent's current staff

http://www.hokiesports.com/mbasketball/players/

Intrigue.  Yesterday Autry, Chew, and Reynolds were all still listed.

RamScam

• Walk-On
« Reply #474 on: March 25, 2014, 08:02:07 AM »
Wow! Every angle is trying to be justified.  Justify that Wardle or Howland, or some unknown candidate will be your next head coach.  Smart is not coming.