'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"  (Read 174960 times)

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"
« Reply #375 on: March 24, 2014, 10:15:50 PM »
might be getting an agent/counsel to look over the terms before he signs

I suggest removing the "reduce-the-buyout-by-95%-if-AD-leaves" clause.

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #376 on: March 24, 2014, 10:16:19 PM »
These fans seem like a bunch of teenagers getting off on egging their neighbor's house.  Not impressed.  If Shaka doesn't come to MU I hope he leaves VCU.  They have a strange sense of entitlement.

Seriously, if we get Shaka it's going to take everything in my power to not go over to their board and gloat.... I won't do it.... but I would REALLY REALLY want to if this happens

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #377 on: March 24, 2014, 10:16:59 PM »
I'm hearing from reliable sources that if Shaka comes to marquette, hill stays, if not, then he's going to Va Tech..makes sense in the fact that he hasn't asked for his release yet. That's all I am hearing down this way in Augusta and the info is from reliable sources. I'll update again if I hear anything else.

Comment on Dodds board

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #378 on: March 24, 2014, 10:17:30 PM »
I suggest removing the "reduce-the-buyout-by-95%-if-AD-leaves" clause.

How about the buyout goes up by 95% when we get one?

NivTastic

• Walk-On
« Reply #379 on: March 24, 2014, 10:17:57 PM »
Seriously, if we get Shaka it's going to take everything in my power to not go over to their board and gloat.... I won't do it.... but I would REALLY REALLY want to if this happens

I will find a customer to "visit" near their campus and bust out the sweater vest and "check out" their campus.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #380 on: March 24, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »
It's only been 3 days since Buzz left. When Crean left, it took 7 days to make the hire and make a formal announcement. We will hear soon.
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #381 on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:08 PM »
Maybe we need Larry Sanders to just get the action goin' kinda like Doc, ya know.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Gopher+RamFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #382 on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:15 PM »
These fans seem like a bunch of teenagers getting off on egging their neighbor's house.  Not impressed.  If Shaka doesn't come to MU I hope he leaves VCU.  They have a strange sense of entitlement.

You claim to have been through this several times as a fanbase. Imagine dealing with annoying Illinois trolls for days as their local media said Shaka was definitely going to Champaign. Multiply that with Maryland, NC St, UCLA, Va Tech and all their fans- once or twice every year.

It's a sense of annoyance, not entitlement. Could he go to MU? Sure. Do I trust those VCU sources who confirm he's not? Yes, because they've never been wrong on Shaka before.

I'm sure some on here are well tuned to MU's AD, and I'm sure the department is doing everything possible to woo him, feeling confident. I'll trust those sources who've dealt with Shaka before. Plus he was just in the Fan late afternoon/early evening here in Richmond.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #383 on: March 24, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »
Yea, because they wouldnt be able to keep their mouths shut.

Or do they know something? The silence from the players is deafening. Don't think they've ever been as inactive as a group as they have been the last couple hours. Told to stay away?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #384 on: March 24, 2014, 10:20:48 PM »
Unless this ends up going down and this was all for respect of privacy, the athletic department deserves to get lambasted for how it has allowed the media to run with this.

Disagree to an extent. The Athletic Department should not be commenting until there's a contract signed. But, if MUTV starts some crazy rumor, they need to squash that right away.

Gopher+RamFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #385 on: March 24, 2014, 10:21:28 PM »
Maybe we need Larry Sanders to just get the action goin' kinda like Doc, ya know.

Larry Sanders and Shaka don't have the best relationship.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #386 on: March 24, 2014, 10:21:56 PM »
VCU fans are hyping themselves up as a top tier program. Shaka will leave. It may or may not be to MU but Shaka will leave in the near future.

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2014, 10:22:40 PM »
I think that's sort of a silly assessment of the VCU fanbase. The same could have been said about Marquette with Buzz just days ago.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #388 on: March 24, 2014, 10:22:56 PM »
Well, then I like Shaka a whole lot more.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #389 on: March 24, 2014, 10:24:24 PM »
Shaka smart would leave VCU for 2 jobs in the relative near future.  Syracuse and UNC.   Both have coaches on the end of their tenure, and are high profile, basketball schools with rich tradition.  Unless billy Donovan, Bill Self, or Calipari get fired, quit, or go elsewhere that's it. Mark it down.

Add marquette to that list.  Just so happens we probably need a guy right now, too.

NivTastic

• Walk-On
« Reply #390 on: March 24, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
You claim to have been through this several times as a fanbase. Imagine dealing with annoying Illinois trolls for days as their local media said Shaka was definitely going to Champaign. Multiply that with Maryland, NC St, UCLA, Va Tech and all their fans- once or twice every year.

It's a sense of annoyance, not entitlement. Could he go to MU? Sure. Do I trust those VCU sources who confirm he's not? Yes, because they've never been wrong on Shaka before.

I'm sure some on here are well tuned to MU's AD, and I'm sure the department is doing everything possible to woo him, feeling confident. I'll trust those sources who've dealt with Shaka before. Plus he was just in the Fan late afternoon/early evening here in Richmond.

Did not say that, but thanks.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #391 on: March 24, 2014, 10:25:10 PM »
Add marquette to that list.  Just so happens we probably need a guy right now, too.

When Richard Shaw speaks scoop listens.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #392 on: March 24, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
I like the vcu board. They've had a sense of humor through this whole thing and they believe their guy is staying.  Nothing wrong with that.  We can all relate.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #393 on: March 24, 2014, 10:27:06 PM »
Well I'm out for the night.  Night fellas!

Hope to see some good news early tomorrow!

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #394 on: March 24, 2014, 10:27:40 PM »
Pipines "vanvoren sources Smart to MU". Howland pulled name from consideration

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #395 on: March 24, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »
VCU fans are hyping themselves up as a top tier program. Shaka will leave. It may or may not be to MU but Shaka will leave in the near future.
I have seen this comment multiple times now. No one is "hyping" VCU into a top-tier program. The fans, for the most part, understand what they are.

For the life of me, I have never seen a single person deny the fact that Shaka will leave for a blue blood program at some point in the future.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #396 on: March 24, 2014, 10:30:15 PM »
After refreshing muscoop and vcuramnation every 5 min for 3 hrs, I'm out for tonight. Better be more substantiated news tomorrow!  I hate twitter
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #397 on: March 24, 2014, 10:31:54 PM »
I like the vcu board. They've had a sense of humor through this whole thing and they believe their guy is staying.  Nothing wrong with that.  We can all relate.

I agree. We are the same, they and us.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #398 on: March 24, 2014, 10:32:03 PM »
I have seen this comment multiple times now. No one is "hyping" VCU into a top-tier program. The fans, for the most part, understand what they are.

For the life of me, I have never seen a single person deny the fact that Shaka will leave for a blue blood program at some point in the future.

UCLA?

Might want to rethink that.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #399 on: March 24, 2014, 10:32:06 PM »
No way an actual media outlet of thier stature can get this wrong
All the national media channels called Florida for Gore in 2000...

feedback