[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[May 10, 2024, 03:33:49 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"  (Read 174923 times)

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
Re: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"
« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:15 PM »
Listening to Fox 6 news reporting its a done deal right now (that Piplines guy).  Say they are still awaiting official word.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #351 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:27 PM »
Fox 6 still all in on it. Led off 10PM.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #352 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:52 PM »
You guys are going to get your feelings hurt. You have created this frenzy and even media outlets are buying in on the scoop. The real scoop is there is no scoop. Those connected to vcu know this is another created story by those grasping straws. You guys should really step back and re read all of this fodder. It is so comical. You are making up scenarios and trying to figure things out like flights out of Richmond, where his players are.  This is the biggest hoax I can remember, even more so than Ucla or Illinois. He's not coming folks, move on now or you will regret it

Thou dost protest too much   ;)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

MarqLaw

• Walk-On
« Reply #353 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »
You guys are going to get your feelings hurt. You have created this frenzy and even media outlets are buying in on the scoop. The real scoop is there is no scoop. Those connected to vcu know this is another created story by those grasping straws. You guys should really step back and re read all of this fodder. It is so comical. You are making up scenarios and trying to figure things out like flights out of Richmond, where his players are.  This is the biggest hoax I can remember, even more so than Ucla or Illinois. He's not coming folks, move on now or you will regret it

No thanks, we're all in. Good luck keeping your coach, though.

The Love House

• Starter
« Reply #354 on: March 24, 2014, 10:04:05 PM »

Wow. Egg on face. Anyone have Wardle's number?

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #355 on: March 24, 2014, 10:04:12 PM »
The VCU board is up in arms about a tweet that Shaka is staying at the Iron Horse hotel in Milwaukee tonight. Can anyone confirm?

I can confirm that the Iron Horse is a beautiful hotel. Nothing else, unfortunately.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #356 on: March 24, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »
No way an actual media outlet of thier stature can get this wrong
No Finish Line

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #357 on: March 24, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »
Strange that you're asking some questions on timing but not other more obvious ones...

Oh, I'm getting there...let's take it slowly.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #358 on: March 24, 2014, 10:05:05 PM »

You heard the man, let's all go home. We had a good run, everybody. Now we should sit back and wait for an email from the Athletic Department in two weeks telling us that Brian Wardle has been hired.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #359 on: March 24, 2014, 10:05:49 PM »
No way an actual media outlet of thier stature can get this wrong
this seems like hilarious famous last words. I agree with the sentiment tho
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #360 on: March 24, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »
If Smart doesn't have an agent,and Strong is doing our negotiating,doesn't it make sense that they have agreed in principle,but have to legally  draw up the contract,and that is what may take awhile?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #361 on: March 24, 2014, 10:07:21 PM »
this seems like hilarious famous last words. I agree with the sentiment tho
*knocks on wood*
No Finish Line

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #362 on: March 24, 2014, 10:08:29 PM »
You heard the man, let's all go home. We had a good run, everybody. Now we should sit back and wait for an email from the Athletic Department in two weeks telling us that Brian Wardle has been hired.

Two weeks!?!

Am I the only one who is enjoying this no matter what the result (at least within reasonable limits)!?!

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #363 on: March 24, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »
We have stations running this. And that's their responsibility, but Marquette also has a role to play in quelling false stories.

So far Marquette has countered speculation/rumors on a potential investigation, released a statement that there was no imminent announcement, and then they shared on Facebook the AP article where Cords essentially says there is strong interest, but they are following the process. Do you expect them to respond to each individual tweet?  I'm glad Marquette is working to get a coach and not wasting time responding to all the craziness here.

Furthermore perhaps Marquette is holding their cards so Shaka can be the one to inform his team so the players do not learn from ESPN and thus offend all MUScoopers that Shaka did not follow the proper process for leaving and therefore we must be disgusted before he even arrives on campus.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #364 on: March 24, 2014, 10:08:41 PM »

Unfortunately for you, this is fun regardless!!!!! Go look up our SMU thread from last year.

Freak outs are what we're best at, so there.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #365 on: March 24, 2014, 10:09:08 PM »

Do you have any confirmation or sources?  At the end of the day, he may or he may not come to MU.  Frankly I think most of us would be just as happy with Howland.  That said, why did you come here and post?  I suspect you're actually nervous and are just trying to make yourself feel better.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

The Love House

• Starter
« Reply #366 on: March 24, 2014, 10:10:01 PM »
All I know is that this has been fantastically entertaining all day!  A smack-off of epic proportion between the VCU and MUScoop fan base and I'm proud to have been a part of it. And when it's all said and done, one of the two will be laughing last and laughing loud!!!!

Go MU and welcome Shaka!!!!!!!!

RamScam

• Walk-On
« Reply #367 on: March 24, 2014, 10:10:13 PM »
Shaka smart would leave VCU for 2 jobs in the relative near future.  Syracuse and UNC.   Both have coaches on the end of their tenure, and are high profile, basketball schools with rich tradition.  Unless billy Donovan, Bill Self, or Calipari get fired, quit, or go elsewhere that's it. Mark it down.

NivTastic

• Walk-On
« Reply #368 on: March 24, 2014, 10:10:42 PM »
These fans seem like a bunch of teenagers getting off on egging their neighbor's house.  Not impressed.  If Shaka doesn't come to MU I hope he leaves VCU.  They have a strange sense of entitlement.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #369 on: March 24, 2014, 10:11:16 PM »
If Smart doesn't have an agent,and Strong is doing our negotiating,doesn't it make sense that they have agreed in principle,but have to legally  draw up the contract,and that is what may take awhile?
might be getting an agent/counsel to look over the terms before he signs
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #370 on: March 24, 2014, 10:11:50 PM »
Two weeks!?!

Am I the only one who is enjoying this no matter what the result (at least within reasonable limits)!?!

Tow weeks!

“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #371 on: March 24, 2014, 10:12:42 PM »
Shaka smart would leave VCU for 2 jobs in the relative near future.  Syracuse and UNC.   Both have coaches on the end of their tenure, and are high profile, basketball schools with rich tradition.  Unless billy Donovan, Bill Self, or Calipari get fired, quit, or go elsewhere that's it. Mark it down.

You seriously sound like UDPride right now. Anybody? The A-10 will never break up.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #372 on: March 24, 2014, 10:13:24 PM »
Doesn't sound like the players have any word about Shaka:

https://twitter.com/imdtf24
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #373 on: March 24, 2014, 10:13:37 PM »

Mike Hopkins is the coach in waiting at Cuse.  That spot is filled.

Roy at UNC has a decade or more left.  Ditto Donovan, Self and Calipari as the are all young.

So, you're right he would be a good candidate for one of those jobs, but they are not opening anytime soon, maybe not for a decade.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:16:28 PM by Heisenberg »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #374 on: March 24, 2014, 10:14:19 PM »
Doesn't sound like the players have any word about Shaka:

https://twitter.com/imdtf24

Yea, because they wouldnt be able to keep their mouths shut.

feedback