Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"  (Read 174907 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"
« Reply #325 on: March 24, 2014, 09:46:13 PM »
Press still outside the Al.  Probably only for a backdrop for the 10:00 news.

Only people inside the Al now are students ans Academic Support staff.

zrjones13

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #326 on: March 24, 2014, 09:46:31 PM »
Unless this ends up going down and this was all for respect of privacy, the athletic department deserves to get lambasted for how it has allowed the media to run with this.

They shot it down twice not sure what else you want.  At least saying it wasn't that close to happening.  They told the media to leave the al Mcguire

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #327 on: March 24, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »
Unless this ends up going down and this was all for respect of privacy, the athletic department deserves to get lambasted for how it has allowed the media to run with this.

The athletic department didn't leak anything out....right?   

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #328 on: March 24, 2014, 09:48:47 PM »
Enough for me, I'm going to bed.  I've been sitting here refreshing Scoop and VCUramnation for the last hour.  I feel pathetic.  Nevertheless, I hope to god that I wake up with a national media outlet confirming Shaka to MU!  Go Warriors!

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #329 on: March 24, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »
The athletic department didn't leak anything out....right?   
of course Chicos would never lead us on....
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #330 on: March 24, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
It is in their best interest to understate the status of things until they are on the cusp of going down. We're going to come out of this looking like we were spurned. I guess that's my point for why MU should be exceptionally proactive in defending this.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #331 on: March 24, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »
of course Chicos would never lead us on....

Six, you've been gone for months...what brought you back out of the cave the last week or so?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #332 on: March 24, 2014, 09:52:32 PM »
NM

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »
Open the chatroom?

Seriously though.

THEbig0

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #334 on: March 24, 2014, 09:54:13 PM »
Isn't this all happening exactly like the original poster (can't remember who) with insider info said.  A leak tonight, a press conference on Wednesday.

It all sounds about right to me so far.  It's been leaked but not confirmed...that is how it seems, right?

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #335 on: March 24, 2014, 09:55:33 PM »
I'll be up for another hour, then I'm calling it for the night.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #336 on: March 24, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »
Six, you've been gone for months...what brought you back out of the cave the last week or so?
Strange that you're asking some questions on timing but not other more obvious ones...
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #337 on: March 24, 2014, 09:56:51 PM »
Isn't this all happening exactly like the original poster (can't remember who) with insider info said.  A leak tonight, a press conference on Wednesday.

It all sounds about right to me so far.  It's been leaked but not confirmed...that is how it seems, right?

This doesn't feel like a leak. I though I would go to bed happy with the knowledge that it was all but formal.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #338 on: March 24, 2014, 09:56:58 PM »
Seriously though.

Chat room is always open!
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

zrjones13

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #339 on: March 24, 2014, 09:57:23 PM »

Pretty much IWB tweeted earlier today that Marquette and Smart had a deal.  Then someone else tweeted about a news conference at 5 PM which IWB said wasn't happening not that fast.  Then IWB tweeted again saying the deal was in fact done but there isn't a confirmation when the press conference is to my knowledge

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #340 on: March 24, 2014, 09:58:30 PM »
The longer this goes on the stranger it is that there's been no formal denial from Smart, and even more so from VCU
No Finish Line

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #341 on: March 24, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »
The longer this goes on the stranger it is that there's been no formal denial from Smart, and even more so from VCU

This, in years past he usually has said something to the media like he is staying put.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #342 on: March 24, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
Where is Wake in all of this?

Anybody on their boards?  Twitter trackin Scoopers, you guys following up on them?

EDIT: I'm going to go over there myself and see what's up.

For those who are engaging in that thrilling non-Shaka Smart discussion going on in Shaka's Waiting Lounge in the Superbar, I'll be right back.  Hold your thought.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:01:58 PM by Eldon »

The Love House

• Starter
« Reply #343 on: March 24, 2014, 10:00:17 PM »
The VCU board is up in arms about a tweet that Shaka is staying at the Iron Horse hotel in Milwaukee tonight. Can anyone confirm?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #344 on: March 24, 2014, 10:00:50 PM »
This, in years past he usually has said something to the media like he is staying put.
Especially with rumors THIS loud. I understand not formally denying every rumor, but this requires attention.  Attention it's not getting from Shaka or VCU
No Finish Line

RamScam

• Walk-On
« Reply #345 on: March 24, 2014, 10:01:07 PM »
You guys are going to get your feelings hurt. You have created this frenzy and even media outlets are buying in on the scoop. The real scoop is there is no scoop. Those connected to vcu know this is another created story by those grasping straws. You guys should really step back and re read all of this fodder. It is so comical. You are making up scenarios and trying to figure things out like flights out of Richmond, where his players are.  This is the biggest hoax I can remember, even more so than Ucla or Illinois. He's not coming folks, move on now or you will regret it

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #346 on: March 24, 2014, 10:02:07 PM »
You guys are going to get your feelings hurt. You have created this frenzy and even media outlets are buying in on the scoop. The real scoop is there is no scoop. Those connected to vcu know this is another created story by those grasping straws. You guys should really step back and re read all of this fodder. It is so comical. You are making up scenarios and trying to figure things out like flights out of Richmond, where his players are.  This is the biggest hoax I can remember, even more so than Ucla or Illinois. He's not coming folks, move on now or you will regret it

UDPride?

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #347 on: March 24, 2014, 10:02:24 PM »
You guys are going to get your feelings hurt. You have created this frenzy and even media outlets are buying in on the scoop. The real scoop is there is no scoop. Those connected to vcu know this is another created story by those grasping straws. You guys should really step back and re read all of this fodder. It is so comical. You are making up scenarios and trying to figure things out like flights out of Richmond, where his players are.  This is the biggest hoax I can remember, even more so than Ucla or Illinois. He's not coming folks, move on now or you will regret it
Is that a threat?

The Process

• All American
« Reply #348 on: March 24, 2014, 10:02:33 PM »

He may not be coming, we will see, but some day your heart WILL be broken out of nowhere by Smart when he goes elsewhere.

We'll be there to comfort you on that day - we know that pain all too well.
Relax. Respect the Process.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #349 on: March 24, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »
The VCU board is up in arms about a tweet that Shaka is staying at the Iron Horse hotel in Milwaukee tonight. Can anyone confirm?
They're joking
http://www.vcuramnation.com/forums/threads/shaka-to-marquette-pure-speculation-thread.13380/page-31
No Finish Line

feedback