'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: wally ellenson leaves minnesota b-ball team  (Read 7659 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
wally ellenson leaves minnesota b-ball team
« on: February 18, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »
don't know much about him.  anyone know if he was recruited like his brother?  he must not have much going for himself basketball-wise as he's staying in minnesota for track/high jump.  he was a rivals 3 star in high school. 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10478248/wally-ellenson-leaves-minnesota-golden-gophers-basketball-team

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/127890093.html
don't...don't don't don't don't

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: wally ellenson leaves minnesota b-ball team
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 04:38:08 PM »
Wally finished 8th in the High Jump at NCAA Outdoors Championship last year.  

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/250772-NCAA-DI-Outdoor-Track-and-Field-Championships-2013/article/20927-RESULTS-NCAA-D1-Outdoor-Track-and-Field-Championships-2013#Full%20Thursday%20Results

Cleared 7' 2.5" with six other jumpers.  8th based on misses.

Only Freshman in the top 10 at NCAA.

Also won the big 10 outdoor championship

Amazing for a traditional jumper

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:39:40 PM by Heisenberg »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:46:55 PM »
I'd welcome Ellenson at Marquette. And so should all of you. Very good player.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:57:33 PM by MUEagle1090 »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:49:44 PM »
Seen him play multiple times.  His attitude is anything but an issue.  The kid is a stud.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »

Oh my god.  Seriously?

He is in no way like Tim Maymon.  Why would you come to that conclusion?

conclusion?? if you read my quote, i was just asking.  isn't that what these boards are sometimes used for?  i haven't come to any conclusions
don't...don't don't don't don't

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:07:57 PM »
So you want us to get him but you call his parents pyschos and rip on his brother?  ::)

You do realize that recruits and parents read message boards right?

Not really the on court attitude I was referring to persay. It will be the birdies chirping in his ear and him wanting to be the focal point. I'd like for us to get him, we need all the talented size we can get.

Just sayin..

And Wally was bad so that was fully accurate as well.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »
So you want us to get him but you call his parents pyschos and rip on his brother?  ::)

You do realize that recruits and parents read message boards right?

Well if so, then that would just add to my point if one random guy as an opinion. I get your parent point but his brother? I'm supposed to say he was good because Henry is? Lol now you sound like Henry.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 05:42:41 PM »
How about just don't say anything at all......like you know...a grown up?

Well if so, then that would just add to my point if one random guy as an opinion. I get your parent point but his brother? I'm supposed to say he was good because Henry is? Lol now you sound like Henry.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »
Sometimes, it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 06:05:30 PM »
Sometimes, it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt. 

Or just state things that have been made known.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 06:52:16 PM »
Here is what you said:

"Parents are psycho. Brother already appears to have an ego."

"Not really the on court attitude I was referring to persay. It will be the birdies chirping in his ear and him wanting to be the focal point."

So are you saying you know him or his parents or is it a vain "typically you" post trying to be somebody?

If he doesn't have an ego - he is worthless as an athlete. Then you say he already has an "attitude" (past tense) but birdies "will be" chirping (future tense) in his ear. Maybe you would like to re-check your tea leaves.

And do you happen to be acquainted with his mother and father? What have they done to prove to you that they are psycho. Have they abused their children? Have they committed some crimes where they should be in jail or an institution.

As I said, you are an idiot and an embarrassment to the board.

Be half a man and give all of us the rationale that his parents are psycho. You made the statement - now give us some proof.

Well, his dad is definitely a presence at games. At the very least, he is lacking in the sportsmanship department at times. I don't know if that's considered being psycho or not. I have confidence the coaching staff will make the right call on this one and any kid/parent with questionable character. Not saying Henry or his family have questionable character or would be a problem though. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American

brandx

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 07:33:37 PM »
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?52599-Pioneer-Press-article-on-Henry-Ellenson-comments-on-Wally-s-lack-of-PT

I would like you to provide something to disprove me...

Are you for real? You quote some moron on their forum who is no brighter than you and that is your proof!!! Amazing how stupid you are.

And then if you haven't embarrassed yourself enough, you want me to refute a statement his "parents are psycho" that you made up.

So first, find a dictionary to learn what 'psycho' means and then explain what have his parents done to induce you to refer to them as psycho?

Maybe even take the high road and tell the truth. Admit that you have never met them and you don't have the faintest clue what they are like. That you just said something sensational so someone will notice that you are alive.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 07:36:35 PM »
Are you for real? You quote some moron on their forum who is no brighter than you and that is your proof!!! Amazing how stupid you are.

And then if you haven't embarrassed yourself enough, you want me to refute a statement his "parents are psycho" that you made up.

So first, find a dictionary to learn what 'psycho' means and then explain what have his parents done to induce you to refer to them as psycho?

Maybe even take the high road and tell the truth. Admit that you have never met them and you don't have the faintest clue what they are like. That you just said something sensational so someone will notice that you are alive.
This just might be the best thing ever typed on Scoop.  Well done. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 07:43:14 PM »
Haywards,

I want to ask if you were dropped on your head today.

We have a poster who has seen Ellenson and his parents multiple times.  From what he tells me, there is nothing to what you are saying about his parents.  

If you were to take some Scoop bloggers at face value then Abe is a reliable source.  Ners should be hired to replace Buzz (just kidding Ners).  We'd be better off with Crean.

Go find some credible sources to quote.  Please.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 07:45:29 PM »
Haywards,

I want to ask if you were dropped on your head today.

We have a poster who has seen Ellenson and his parents multiple times.  From what he tells me, there is nothing to what you are saying about his parents.  

If you were to take some Scoop bloggers at face value then Abe is a reliable source.  Ners should be hired to replace Buzz (just kidding Ners).  We'd be better off with Crean.

Go find some credible sources to quote.  Please.

And so have I AT GOLDEN GOPHER basketball games. Many times the last two years.

You say we have a poster who has seen Ellenson and his parents multiple times....and then say "if we took scoop bloggers at face value". Ok.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 07:48:30 PM »
"I don't think that it's working in the Gophers' favor when (Wally) isn't getting any playing time."

Yeah, the guy is more worried about how the gophers treat his brother then what may actually help the team.

That's something you want in a player? Give playing time to meet his bias demands rather than give playing time to what best gives the team a chance to win?

If you don't see what is awful with that idk what to tell you. And the fact his mom retweeted it to get it out there.

And the pitino story. Again, that isn't some "scoop posters" word. It was a MINNESOTA news story.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 07:51:32 PM »
You don't make sense.

I will concede that in theory, you can poke holes in my point about my source.

Your story is lame, inflammatory and very very likely wrong.

I live in the TC.  I will listen to some very connected members of the media in the next few days who will be open about this issue, if it existed.  If they concur, I will let you know.  In the mean time don't be so over the top over crap that exists on an internet blog.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 07:58:03 PM »
Keep in mind this one was from NOVEMEBER.

It has been on going.

If you actually lived in the TC it is amazing you havn't heard a whiff of any of this.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »
Keep in mind this one was from NOVEMEBER.

It has been on going.

If you actually lived in the TC it is amazing you havn't heard a whiff of any of this.

Simmer down Sally.

Lots of kids transfer.  Mostly over playing time.  Nothing here to see. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 09:33:18 PM »
Locked, but cleaned up a bit too.

feedback