collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318254 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2350 on: November 18, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »
Gov. Tony Evers has a new, $541 million plan aimed at providing relief for Wisconsin residents during the coronavirus pandemic, but top Republicans who control the state Legislature signaled Tuesday they aren't on the same page and haven't drafted any of their own bills.

No kidding!! Those freeloaders would actually need to meet in session to do something. Much easier to ignore their jobs and just say no.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2351 on: November 19, 2020, 07:08:55 AM »
Worst Gov. Evers duzant no his ass from a hole in da ground, aina?

Are you ever going to add anything to a conversation?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2352 on: November 19, 2020, 07:21:32 AM »
Much more so than you ever have, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2353 on: November 19, 2020, 07:22:39 AM »
Much more so than you ever have, hey?

Good one.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2354 on: November 19, 2020, 07:31:13 AM »
The malfeasance by the Wisconsin legislature during this pandemic for its citizens and businesses is a disgrace.  Their obstructionism instead of fulfilling their civic duties would be reason to throw the lot of them out of office.  Instead, we send one of the biggest offenders to D.C.

The numbers in Wisconsin are an embarrassment to this citizen.  The selfishness and disregard for our fellow citizens is reason enough to say we are one of the worst states in the union
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2355 on: November 19, 2020, 07:57:15 AM »
Wisconsin population=5.86 million

Covid cases=351K

Covid deaths=2939

Follow the science, these covid numbers are statistically insignificant. Don't misunderstand, I am not advocating that illness and death are to be taken lightly or are insignificant. But, the policies, hysteria, and actions over the past 8 months, both locally and nationally are emotional, political, and over the top, to the detriment of our citizens' health and well-being. That doesn't even begin to address the economic fallout and devastation to millions upon millions of Americans going forward. Understand that nothing that Trump, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, or Stalin does will end this worldwide pandemic without an effective vaccine. Thankfully, that appears imminent, hey?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 08:17:24 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2356 on: November 19, 2020, 08:07:45 AM »

Covid cases=351K

Covid deaths=2939

Follow the science, these covid numbers are statistically insignificant. Don't misunderstand, I am not advocating that illness and death are to be taken lightly or are insignificant. But, the policies, hysteria, and actions over the past 8 months, both locally and nationally are emotional, political, and over the top, to the detriment of our citizen's health and well-being. That this doesn't even begin to address the economic fallout and devastation to millions upon millions of Americans going forward. Understand that nothing that Trump, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, or Stalin does will end this worldwide pandemic without an effective vaccine. Thankfully, that appears imminent, hey?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2357 on: November 19, 2020, 08:14:35 AM »
Thank you for your perspective. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 08:23:53 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2358 on: November 19, 2020, 08:35:35 AM »

Covid cases=351K

Covid deaths=2939

Follow the science, these covid numbers are statistically insignificant. Don't misunderstand, I am not advocating that illness and death are to be taken lightly or are insignificant. But, the policies, hysteria, and actions over the past 8 months, both locally and nationally are emotional, political, and over the top, to the detriment of our citizens' health and well-being. That doesn't even begin to address the economic fallout and devastation to millions upon millions of Americans going forward. Understand that nothing that Trump, Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, or Stalin does will end this worldwide pandemic without an effective vaccine. Thankfully, that appears imminent, hey?

I know you're just trolling at this point because I don't believe you to be this stupid.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2359 on: November 19, 2020, 08:41:02 AM »

Covid cases=351K

Covid deaths=2939

I can't imagine anyone looking around right now and saying "hey this is fine.  We can just wait it out."

This is going to be the third leading cause of death in the US in 2020.  But hey, someone might need to close their bar so let's push on!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2360 on: November 19, 2020, 08:42:31 AM »

Covid cases=351K

Covid deaths=2939

Can i just ask if you've added extra precautions in your practice?
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2361 on: November 19, 2020, 09:00:43 AM »
I can't imagine anyone looking around right now and saying "hey this is fine.  We can just wait it out."

This is going to be the third leading cause of death in the US in 2020.  But hey, someone might need to close their bar so let's push on!

2939/351000*5.86M = 49,000+ deaths. But they're cool with it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2362 on: November 19, 2020, 09:09:25 AM »
The state legislature has offerened nothing with regards to relief for small businesses across the state.  They’ve offered nothing with regards to a plan to mitigate the spread.  And Doc is right, the long term financial and emotional stresses will be real.  What is our plan?  Are we planning?  The answer is a resounding no.  The only response has been lawsuits (a common them nowadays) and billable hours. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2363 on: November 19, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »

You know that hospitals are filling, right? And your POV disagrees with the actions of every leader of every country in the world, except for Trump and Bolansaro?

My uncle was diagnosed and is in bad shape in West Bend. The hospital doesn't have room to admit him, so they sent him home with a pulse oximeter and told him to come back when it gets even worse.

There are going to be a lot of frustrated, dying people in Wisconsin in the coming two months.

• All American
« Reply #2364 on: November 19, 2020, 09:39:02 AM »
The state legislature has offerened nothing with regards to relief for small businesses across the state.  They’ve offered nothing with regards to a plan to mitigate the spread.  And Doc is right, the long term financial and emotional stresses will be real.  What is our plan?  Are we planning?  The answer is a resounding no.  The only response has been lawsuits (a common them nowadays) and billable hours. 

Exactly.  Our response is essentially saying x amount of deaths is an acceptable cost for people to keep bars and restaurants open.

Instead of saying "we are going to help by providing you with $$$ so you don't have to stay open and we can save people's lives." 

The morality of this is all very questionable.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2365 on: November 19, 2020, 09:39:30 AM »
Can i just ask if you've added extra precautions in your practice?

Glad you axed. Yes, I have spent countless hours and dollars with the purpose of keeping my patients and staff safe. Staff and patients have temps taken. COVID question for is filled out and sign. Merv 17 air filtration units have been installed in the office. Social distancing is observed, proper wearing of masks are mandatory which includes covering both the nose and mouth. One time disposables are utilized along with face shields for those with direct patient contact. I wear an N95 mask and face shield all day. Iodine mouth rinses, which has been shown to kill viruses are required of patients prior to all intraoral procedures.
I feel perfectly safe in my office and patients have remarked that they do also, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2366 on: November 19, 2020, 09:42:17 AM »

Covid cases=351K

Covid deaths=2939

If you think 6% of the population suffering from a potentially deadly illness is 'statistically insignificant,' it's time to go back to school and retake biostatistics. If you think death is the only adverse outcome we should be concerned about, it begs the question: Do you adopt the same attitude for your patients?

"Don't worry Mrs. Jones; this cavity probably won't kill you, so it isn't significant enough to do anything about."

Or do you just adopt that cavalier and ignorant attitude when it's politically expedient and consistent with your worldview?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2367 on: November 19, 2020, 09:46:12 AM »
Mrs. Smith, only 6% of your teeth need root canal.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2368 on: November 19, 2020, 10:08:39 AM »
You know that hospitals are filling, right? And your POV disagrees with the actions of every leader of every country in the world, except for Trump and Bolansaro?

My uncle was diagnosed and is in bad shape in West Bend. The hospital doesn't have room to admit him, so they sent him home with a pulse oximeter and told him to come back when it gets even worse.

There are going to be a lot of frustrated, dying people in Wisconsin in the coming two months.

This is really the biggest point. People are being denied care, because there is no room. If Trump was a normal citizen (or a poor minority), he wouldn't have gotten a hospital bed. He wouldn't have gotten any of the emergency medicines. He would have been told to ride it out at home.

If he was treated as a normal citizen, would he even be alive?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2369 on: November 19, 2020, 10:10:50 AM »

Glad you axed. Yes, I have spent countless hours and dollars with the purpose of keeping my patients and staff safe. Staff and patients have temps taken. COVID question for is filled out and sign. Merv 17 air filtration units have been installed in the office. Social distancing is observed, proper wearing of masks are mandatory which includes covering both the nose and mouth. One time disposables are utilized along with face shields for those with direct patient contact. I wear an N95 mask and face shield all day. Iodine mouth rinses, which has been shown to kill viruses are required of patients prior to all intraoral procedures.
I feel perfectly safe in my office and patients have remarked that they do also, hey?

So it seems like you have taken all the possible precautions to ensure you and your patients are safe as can be. I guess I'm curious why you don't seemingly advocate for that amongst the entire country?

I mean it would be great if this virus was choosing only those brazen enough to protect their freedoms by not being cautious, wearing masks, etc but it doesn't thus some people need to be told they have to take precautions.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2370 on: November 19, 2020, 10:30:37 AM »
The biggest difference is that I don't expect, nor do I want, government to make decisions for me. Every governmental mandate has political overtones to it. I'm fully capable of making my own decisions, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #2371 on: November 19, 2020, 10:46:23 AM »
The biggest difference is that I don't expect, nor do I want, government to make decisions for me. Every governmental mandate has political overtones to it. I'm fully capable of making my own decisions, hey?

And I think this is the ultimate issue that is underlying all of the mask or not to mask bull.  What is the underlying purpose of government?  In general I would prefer the smallest governmental intrusion as possible.  However, I  do believe that government should protect it's populous from (mentally I am having trouble coming up with the right word for this now) tragedies, such as wars and pandemics.  That is when government should be at its best in leading the populous through to the other side.

Well that simply was not stated very well, but hopefully my intent comes through.....

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2372 on: November 19, 2020, 11:02:05 AM »
We expect the government to do a lot of things that have broad societal impact....starting with water and sewage.

Should we all start marching to STOP THE FLOW?

On a serious note,  If govt cedes their responsibility and everyone is on there own, their choices impact more than themselves (chaos one would say).  Therefore bad 'personal' choices impact my ability to get regular healthcare or care if I get a bad case of COVID.  So what do you do.  Government is making a controlling choice whether they act or make the choice not to act during a pandemic...similar to a war like someone referenced above.

• All American
« Reply #2373 on: November 19, 2020, 11:04:12 AM »
Sometimes the government needs to tell people what to do for the good of society.  Since society has shown that it cannot act responsibly during a pandemic, rules should be put in place.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2374 on: November 19, 2020, 11:08:19 AM »
Sometimes the government needs to tell people what to do for the good of society.  Since society has shown that it cannot act responsibly during a pandemic, rules should be put in place.

It's this.  Our society has proven that it isn't capable of effectively dealing with a global pandemic.  It would be one thing if the only people who were affected were the people being irresponsible, but that isn't the case.

feedback