collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 318208 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1450 on: June 25, 2020, 10:13:55 AM »
I'm not exactly into this type of music so I don't know for sure, but in a festival shouldn't there be a headliner? I feel like this is a bunch of Sunday morning acts at Ozzfest 2004

I am not sure Journey or Huey Lewis was available.  ;D
 (I have no idea either)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1451 on: June 25, 2020, 10:22:00 AM »
I'm not exactly into this type of music so I don't know for sure, but in a festival shouldn't there be a headliner? I feel like this is a bunch of Sunday morning acts at Ozzfest 2004

I recognize some of these bands because they used to play a festival in Madison, yearly.  They're regional journeymen who depend on these festivals to feed their families.

These bands are way past their prime, but when you are in Northern Wisconsin, you take what you can get.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1452 on: June 25, 2020, 10:27:48 AM »

The Q&Z Expo Center in Ringle, Wisconsin is a glorified VFW Hall. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1453 on: June 25, 2020, 10:59:20 AM »
I recognize some of these bands because they used to play a festival in Madison, yearly.  They're regional journeymen who depend on these festivals to feed their families.

These bands are way past their prime, but when you are in Northern Wisconsin, you take what you can get.

The biggest name is Static X...which was build around and driven by Wayne Static...who died like 6-7 years ago. And now the band is reformed by former band members, most of whom weren’t even in the band when he died. So that should tell you the level of this festival

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1454 on: June 25, 2020, 11:12:02 AM »
The biggest name is Static X...which was build around and driven by Wayne Static...who died like 6-7 years ago. And now the band is reformed by former band members, most of whom weren’t even in the band when he died. So that should tell you the level of this festival

Right!  I guess Nonpoint would have been considered the headliner, but they dropped out when the heat came.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1455 on: June 25, 2020, 11:18:48 AM »
Huge event in Wisconsin.   Anybody going?  Wearing a mask or not?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1456 on: June 25, 2020, 11:41:28 AM »
Alwayz where protection, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1457 on: June 25, 2020, 11:51:13 AM »
Alwayz where protection, aina?

*protektshun

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1458 on: June 25, 2020, 01:02:58 PM »

GrimmReaper33

• Starter
« Reply #1459 on: June 26, 2020, 07:26:16 AM »
https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2020/06/25/wisconsin-coronavirus-464-more-cases-percent-positive-4-1/3259140001/

I hesitate to even post anything here because everything just turns into a political pissing match... but 464 more positive cases in WI on Thursday.  Positive test rate was 4.1% which is up a bit from when it was under 3% in early June, however hospitalizations are actually DOWN from early June.  So it's a pretty fair assumption that a decent amount of the positive tests are asymptomatic.  9 deaths were attributed to COVID.

Is this not somewhat good news?  The percentage of positive tests is still pretty low- much lower than back in May- and hospitalizations & deaths are still staying down.  If 2-3 weeks from now the hospitalization & death numbers are still down, I would say that's a pretty good sign, right?  I guess we'll wait to see what happens.

WI has been pretty much open as normal in many areas for nearly 2 months, so I view these as fairly promising figures. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1460 on: June 26, 2020, 07:35:44 AM »
https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2020/06/25/wisconsin-coronavirus-464-more-cases-percent-positive-4-1/3259140001/

I hesitate to even post anything here because everything just turns into a political pissing match... but 464 more positive cases in WI on Thursday.  Positive test rate was 4.1% which is up a bit from when it was under 3% in early June, however hospitalizations are actually DOWN from early June.  So it's a pretty fair assumption that a decent amount of the positive tests are asymptomatic.  9 deaths were attributed to COVID.

Is this not somewhat good news?  The percentage of positive tests is still pretty low- much lower than back in May- and hospitalizations & deaths are still staying down.  If 2-3 weeks from now the hospitalization & death numbers are still down, I would say that's a pretty good sign, right?  I guess we'll wait to see what happens.

WI has been pretty much open as normal in many areas for nearly 2 months, so I view these as fairly promising figures.

It's hard to know.  Positive cases don't always end up in hospital beds, and there is a lag time between a positive diagnosis and hospitilization.

This is crux of the problem with this virus.  Things can get really bad in the next two weeks but by the time we have reacted as a society we're already looking at two weeks of spread with no interventions.  We really need to wise up, and realize that while we are different from Texas, Florida, and Arizona... we are not immune.

Wear your masks, and wash your hands... otherwise we will see another April.

GrimmReaper33

• Starter
« Reply #1461 on: June 26, 2020, 07:53:58 AM »
It's hard to know.  Positive cases don't always end up in hospital beds, and there is a lag time between a positive diagnosis and hospitilization.

This is crux of the problem with this virus.  Things can get really bad in the next two weeks but by the time we have reacted as a society we're already looking at two weeks of spread with no interventions.  We really need to wise up, and realize that while we are different from Texas, Florida, and Arizona... we are not immune.

Wear your masks, and wash your hands... otherwise we will see another April.

I would say it's more likely positive cases rarely end up in hospital beds.  I think it's pretty obvious we still don't have a good grasp on the virus.  Every day there are new headlines about how many new positive cases there are but it's really hard to understand what that means.  Are these people sick?  Or did they just get tested because they had to? Are there more positive cases now than there were in March/April?  We don't know because there wasn't widespread testing then.

I really wonder how many positive tests there would've been in March/April had testing been as widespread as it is now.  The CDC themselves said it's likely there could be as much as 10x more people with Covid than have tested positive.  If that's the case, it means the hospitalization and death rates are extremely low. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1462 on: June 26, 2020, 08:00:19 AM »
I would say it's more likely positive cases rarely end up in hospital beds.  I think it's pretty obvious we still don't have a good grasp on the virus.  Every day there are new headlines about how many new positive cases there are but it's really hard to understand what that means.  Are these people sick?  Or did they just get tested because they had to? Are there more positive cases now than there were in March/April?  We don't know because there wasn't widespread testing then.

I really wonder how many positive tests there would've been in March/April had testing been as widespread as it is now.  The CDC themselves said it's likely there could be as much as 10x more people with Covid than have tested positive.  If that's the case, it means the hospitalization and death rates are extremely low.

I don't know about Wisconsin, but in other places you still are screened before getting tested. No fever, no test. So the number of true asymptomatic individuals being tested is likely lower than you are assuming. What is likely true, is that we are testing earlier in disease progression, so there will be longer lags between testing positive and being hospitalized, if necessary.

• All American
« Reply #1463 on: June 26, 2020, 08:15:01 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that when cases go up, hospitalizations follow.  And this is the big problem with this disease.  Sure it doesn't impact young, healthy people as much, but look what is happening in places like Houston.  ICU beds are quickly filling up.  Yeah the hospitalization *rate* might be falling, but the sheer number of people who are hospitalized is alarming.  Plus with the two week lag, the worse is yet to come.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #1464 on: June 26, 2020, 11:13:31 AM »

I agree with you I try to see the positive. 

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1465 on: June 26, 2020, 12:06:42 PM »

Grimm I think some of what you say is positive. 

I don’t live in WI—are they randomly testing to find asymptomatic carriers?

• All American
« Reply #1466 on: June 26, 2020, 12:15:19 PM »
Just talked to the head of a local health system today.

Things hospital wise are good in Wisconsin, but local health officials are alarmed at the climbing number of positive tests in Wisconsin and what it will mean in the next month or so.  And they're really pissed at Florida and Texas because eventually that will spread elsewhere.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1467 on: June 26, 2020, 02:52:14 PM »
Just talked to the head of a local health system today.

Things hospital wise are good in Wisconsin, but local health officials are alarmed at the climbing number of positive tests in Wisconsin and what it will mean in the next month or so.  And they're really pissed at Florida and Texas because eventually that will spread elsewhere.

yeah, but was he/she an "expert"?

reaper had the post of the day!  anyone who thinks they know jack about this, doesn't.  all they can do is surmise based on what we do know from the past 4-6 months.  we haven't been thru a pandemic of this sort in our modern day.  problem #1-we are 5 months from a major election.  problem #2-we are 5 months from a .......

it seems until everyone has had this damn virus in some form or another, and/or we have form of vaccine or antidote, this damn bug isn't going to go away like some of the others have.  so, until then, we all have to learn how to cope with and around this thing because we sure in the hell can't afford to shut everything down again.  whether or not this virus was planted on purpose or it is the "thing" that came alive, nature does have it's way of thinning the population.  yes, it sounds cruel, but until we win the battles biologically, this will forever (no pun dude :D)hold true
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1468 on: June 26, 2020, 03:10:29 PM »
yeah, but was he/she an "expert"?

reaper had the post of the day!  anyone who thinks they know jack about this, doesn't.  all they can do is surmise based on what we do know from the past 4-6 months.  we haven't been thru a pandemic of this sort in our modern day.  problem #1-we are 5 months from a major election.  problem #2-we are 5 months from a .......

it seems until everyone has had this damn virus in some form or another, and/or we have form of vaccine or antidote, this damn bug isn't going to go away like some of the others have.  so, until then, we all have to learn how to cope with and around this thing because we sure in the hell can't afford to shut everything down again.  whether or not this virus was planted on purpose or it is the "thing" that came alive, nature does have it's way of thinning the population.  yes, it sounds cruel, but until we win the battles biologically, this will forever (no pun dude :D)hold true

You single dude?  You'd get along great with my aunt that lives just West of the Phoenix metro area in the hills.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1469 on: June 26, 2020, 03:36:43 PM »

A lot of people are getting randomly tested as a requirement to go back to work or folks that got wrapped up in contact tracings.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1470 on: June 26, 2020, 03:41:00 PM »

Also think if you’re going in for an elective surgery they are requiring you get tested as well.  From what I understand those are the 3 main buckets of increased testing that are finding all these asymptomatic cases.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1471 on: June 26, 2020, 06:32:29 PM »
My friend who works for UW health is getting alerts that beds are filling.  So thats bad.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1472 on: June 27, 2020, 06:21:31 AM »
Also think if you’re going in for an elective surgery they are requiring you get tested as well.  From what I understand those are the 3 main buckets of increased testing that are finding all these asymptomatic cases.

That’s happening everywhere in the developed world (work tests, attempts at contact tracing and surgery).  So I wouldn’t necessarily take it as a positive anomaly. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1473 on: June 27, 2020, 07:06:48 AM »
My friend who works for UW health is getting alerts that beds are filling.  So thats bad.

https://www.wha.org/Covid-19Update

I have bunch of friends who work at UW and beds have been full for weeks.  And way more then 90% of their inpatient population was there for no Covid reasons.

Wisconsin health system is in a great spot as it relates to Covid today.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1474 on: June 28, 2020, 10:18:50 AM »

UW health is filling up, because they are back to normal operating. I think they had about a dozen COVID as of Friday.

My hospital tests EVERY patient admitted, every surgical procedure, anyone suspected in the ED. We’ve had one patient, asymptotic, admitted for something else. So there goes the theory that death records were being falsified.