collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Evidence that Thon Maker is actually 23 or 24 (not 19 like the Bucks believe)  (Read 1861 times)

Eldon

• All American
Now, there is supposed “proof” that Maker has been lying about his age, and it comes via  Reddit user bigcritic who said he lived in the same city where Maker grew up (Perth), and he got his hands on a yearbook that featured Maker listed in the graduating class of 2010 with a picture to boot.

For his part, Maker has denied the allegations to The Boston Globe, and the Milwaukee forward says he isn’t letting the accusations about his age bother him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/does-australian-yearbook-photo-offer-153224362.html

How the hell is age of a draft pick not completely known?  That's nuts to me.  Article also says that several teams passed on giving Maker a look because they were convinced that he was older than 19.

MU82

• All American
Who was their second-round pick? Danny Almonte?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Besides paying $2.50/month for an ESPN insider account, what else do they Bucks do to vet draft picks?

wadesworld

• All American
Not sure why I feel the need to take this seriously but not all school systems in every country use the same format.

Is the fact that Markus Howard is part of the graduating class of 2016 evidence that he is older than 17 years old?  There are thousands of examples of this in the United States every single year.

Not to mention biological age is less important than years spent playing highly wearing athletics.  Thon has 0 of those years.  So even if he is 24 he'll be able to play just as many years as some of the sophomores and juniors in this year's draft.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:04:56 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
Not sure why I feel the need to take this seriously but not all school systems in every country use the same format.

Not to mention biological age is less important than years spent playing highly wearing athletics.  Thon has 0 of those years.  So even if he is 24 he'll be able to play just as many years as some of the sophomores and juniors in this year's draft.

I think it is pretty credible that Australians graduate when they are 18.

The Reddit string has a possible explanation that there are multiple "Thon Makers" because it is actually a pretty popular Sundanese name and one poster has a recollection of a much smaller Thon Maker.  Just look up the name on Facebook and you will see a bunch of them.

But I can guaranty you that IF he is actually 23 that the Bucks already knew this...and didn't care.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9

I think it is pretty credible that Australians graduate when they are 18.

The Reddit string has a possible explanation that there are multiple "Thon Makers" because it is actually a pretty popular Sundanese name and one poster has a recollection of a much smaller Thon Maker.  Just look up the name on Facebook and you will see a bunch of them.

But I can guaranty you that IF he is actually 23 that the Bucks already knew this...and didn't care.
I think your last paragraph is probably the case.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

BrewCity83

• All American
True. The Bucks will be ecstatic if they get 8 productive years out of him.  Even if he's 24 now, he'll only be 32 after those 8 years.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

jsglow

• All American
He's the first guy who will ever seek out the prime 'fake ID' guy at Marquette and seek out the underage one!

martyconlonontherun

• All American
True. The Bucks will be ecstatic if they get 8 productive years out of him.  Even if he's 24 now, he'll only be 32 after those 8 years.
That's fine if he's ready to go next year. If he isn't ready to go as a 23 year-old, I really doubt he will ever be ready to go. If you check out the bucks board on realgm, it shows him as a soph(2008)/junior(2009) on the basketball team, which means he has been playing basketball around 9 years. It was previously reported that he has only been playing for around 5 years. There is a lot less room for error and development.

4everwarriors

• All American
Ya can't teach height, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
Yes, but does he have the "long-form" passport?

Seriously.  Remember those Chinese Olympic gymnasts awhile back that were supposedly at least 15 years old, but still had baby teeth?  They had passports, too.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
Seriously.  Remember those Chinese Olympic gymnasts awhile back that were supposedly at least 15 years old, but still had baby teeth?  They had passports, too.

Good, I hope Thon is 13 years old!

martyconlonontherun

• All American
We will never know the real answer. You can give me a Gov issued passport, birth certificate, and visa, but that doesn't explain why there is photographic evidence of him at a high school years 9-12 in 2007-2010 and a newsletter from one of the years that listed him as year 11 student instead of a intensive english student. All it takes is one bribe in Sudan to get fake issued birth certificate and you apply for the rest of the documents.

GGGG

• All American
We will never know the real answer. You can give me a Gov issued passport, birth certificate, and visa, but that doesn't explain why there is photographic evidence of him at a high school years 9-12 in 2007-2010 and a newsletter from one of the years that listed him as year 11 student instead of a intensive english student. All it takes is one bribe in Sudan to get fake issued birth certificate and you apply for the rest of the documents.

The one explanation, and I am not saying its the truth, is that there were multiple "Thon Makers" at the school.  It is not an uncommon Sundanese name.