collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: White Privilege at MU  (Read 80215 times)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: White Privilege at MU
« Reply #575 on: June 19, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »
Social media sure does help morons let their freak flags fly.  Be it facebook, twitter, Scoop, etc.
FIFY

tower912

• All American
« Reply #576 on: June 19, 2018, 04:08:33 PM »
White privilege means that you don't get abused by the cops for illegal parking, and then have them double down by making absolutely asinine facebook posts about it.  All while the cops racism, incompetence and stupidity is defended.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #577 on: June 19, 2018, 04:58:37 PM »
I am appalled that you people talk about a police officer this way.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #578 on: June 19, 2018, 05:05:42 PM »
And they say you don't have a sense of humor.   And in this case,  they label themselves.  I know too many cops to ever paint them all with the same brush.   The actions of these particular cops are indefensible.

The only remaining questions are will anything be learned and how many 0'$ in the settlement.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:12:10 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #579 on: June 19, 2018, 05:20:38 PM »
Social media sure does help morons let their freak flags fly.  Be it facebook, twitter, etc.

It is brutal.  The sad thing is that the poor folks of MKE end up footing this perfectly legitimate bill that will be paid.  Unfortunately, too much remains the same from the days of Harold Breier.

"Serve and protect."  Yeah, right.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #580 on: June 19, 2018, 05:32:53 PM »
Did these knuckleheads post using a city server or city paid for smart phones?    Jeeezz.   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:36:23 PM by tower912 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #581 on: June 19, 2018, 06:27:39 PM »
How he interacted with the police is the essence of whether the use of a taser is justified. Therefore, the audio is clearly an important part of the video.
You got that crap right.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #582 on: June 19, 2018, 06:32:39 PM »

Is it of interest to you that Brown, supposedly, was parked in a manner that took up 2 handicapped parking spots without a permit? Audio and video will tell the entire story. Are you kidding? Its all relevant.

Soz afta erthing dats cum up. wats yur toughts?
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #583 on: June 19, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »
Ewe axed, sew----the police mishandled the situation, overreacted, and escalated an investigation for which there is little defense and fell outside the borders of their police training.
However, the entire episode never happens if Brown legally parks at Walgreens. Also, when the police tell you to take your hands out of your pockets at 2:30 am, you just do it immediately.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #584 on: June 19, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
Ewe axed, sew----the police mishandled the situation, overreacted, and escalated an investigation for which there is little defense and fell outside the borders of their police training.
However, the entire episode never happens if Brown legally parks at Walgreens. Also, when the police tell you to take your hands out of your pockets at 2:30 am, you just do it immediately.

Lol. Okay, dude

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #585 on: June 19, 2018, 08:00:35 PM »
What part of that is laughable?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #586 on: June 19, 2018, 08:13:27 PM »
What part of that is laughable?
Everything before "However," is accurate.

Everything after "However," is victim blaming and, therefore, laughable as it gives the police an excuse for their actions. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #587 on: June 19, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »
Just the facts.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #588 on: June 19, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »
Give credit to brain surgeon and 4ever.

They are very consistent in never letting decency interfere with their racism.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #589 on: June 19, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »

Victim blaming at its finest.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #590 on: June 19, 2018, 09:08:08 PM »
Just the facts.

“She was dressed like she wanted it,” is probably a “fact” in your eyes too.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #591 on: June 19, 2018, 09:18:04 PM »

Guessin weez jus splittin wit dah handz'n duh poketz ainn'a?
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #592 on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:02 PM »
4ever,  I understand your entire statement.  And if he had not parked in the handicapped spot, this is a different story.  But the crime was committed against  him.  You are blaming the victim.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #593 on: June 20, 2018, 12:20:15 AM »
Every one of them should be fired.

I would like to revise my statement. 

Everyone of them should be fired.

Several of them should be charged with assault.  There needs to be harsh penalties for bad actors.  They assaulted him, they should be charged and imprisoned and treated like any other criminal.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #594 on: June 20, 2018, 07:00:43 AM »
Nowhere in my entire statement was race mentioned or implied. In fact my intention, for the words after "However," is that they pertain to all citizens. To argue otherwise implies one disregards law and order in our society.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #595 on: June 20, 2018, 07:32:40 AM »
Nowhere in my entire statement was race mentioned or implied. In fact my intention, for the words after "However," is that they pertain to all citizens. To argue otherwise implies one disregards law and order in our society.
Most people disregard law & order in our society, especially in cases where it applies to them for some matter they feel is trivial.  There are many examples.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #596 on: June 20, 2018, 08:06:31 AM »

IIRC 3 seconds elapsed from the demand to remove his hands until he was flat on his face for the next 15 minutes. He claims a cop bumped his car setting off the alarm and he was reaching for the key fob.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #597 on: June 20, 2018, 08:15:46 AM »
Most people disregard law & order in our society, especially in cases where it applies to them for some matter they feel is trivial.  There are many examples.

Like parking in handicapped spots.  Yeah, its wrong.  Able-bodied people shouldn't do it.  But I know of two individuals (both white) who did it thinking they wouldn't get caught, got caught, paid their ticket, and learned their lesson.  Neither of them was accosted and assaulted by a group of police officers.  Neither was tased or arrested. 

Will Sterling Brown ever double-park in a handicapped spot again?  Probably not.  Did he need to get tased to learn his lesson?  I highly doubt it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #598 on: June 20, 2018, 08:22:20 AM »

On the list of people who "disregards law and order in our society" that night, Sterling Brown was at the very bottom.

I'm glad your comfortable with the concept of living in a police state.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #599 on: June 20, 2018, 08:24:23 AM »

Have you ever gone 10 MPH over the speed limit or not come to a complete and full stop at a traffic light and/or stop sign before proceeding? If you just don't do those things you can avoid being piled on by police and tazed. Those are the equivalents of parking illegally, does it make sense that those things can also escalate to me or you or Sterling Brown being tazed?

Maybe this isn't you, but I love the folks that scream "the government needs to leave X thing/right alone" while simultaneously saying "just follow exactly what the government has told you to do and you won't get beaten/tazed/murdered".

More than anything I'd just love people to be consistent in their philosophy, makes things much easier to understand if you don't have to untangle Gordian knots of mental justifications for hypocritical positions.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback