[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mr. SEC says it's Martin  (Read 11694 times)

GoVols

• Walk-On
Re: Mr. SEC says it's Martin
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »
Nothing special.  No top 100 players.  

My question is how does this guy lose out on 2 top 100, in-state recruits, Leron Black, from Memphis, Tennessee ...... to Illinois of all places?  

And. ......

Jalen Lindsey Top 100-  Another In state player..... goes to Providence.

I think the sharks realized it was open season in Tennessee.  Not one guy was recruiting from in-state in the class.
You might as well send Diamond Stone a parting gift.  This guy can't protect his own house.  

Most Memphis players go everywhere but Tennessee no matter who the coach is. In the case of Jalen Lindsey, he played at the same school where Martin pulled the offer to Travon Landry at the last minute after he'd kept the commitment all season when Landry wasn't even starting for his high school team and was averaging under 5ppg.  That coach pretty much told Martin never to darken his doorway again after that.

brandx

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 10:14:54 PM »
Martin offered Leron Black a scholarship, who's from Memphis.  Leron, chose Illinois.  
Martin offered Jalen Lindsey a scholarship from Franklin, TN.  He chose Providence.  

Martin didn't get any top 100 players in the 2014 class.  He recruited 9 top 100 players.  All of which, turned him down.  That isn't a good sign.  

Wow. You must have really hated Buzz. He recruited more than 9 top 100 players who turned him down. You continually amaze with your lack of knowledge.

But maybe you're good for the board. Laughter is the best medicine and I think I'm overdosing on your posts.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2014, 10:17:57 PM »
Martin offered Leron Black a scholarship, who's from Memphis.  Leron, chose Illinois.  
Martin offered Jalen Lindsey a scholarship from Franklin, TN.  He chose Providence.  

Martin didn't get any top 100 players in the 2014 class.  He recruited 9 top 100 players.  All of which, turned him down.  That isn't a good sign.  

Lets see:

2013 Top Recruits, State and Choice School

Wiggins       WV       Kansas
Randle         TX       Kentucky
Gordon         CA      Arizona
Parker          IL       Duke
A. Harrison    TX      Kentucky
Walker          FL       Florida
AAHarrison    TX      Kentucky
Vonleah         MA     Indiana
Johnson         FL      Kentucky
Hill               FL       Florida
Young           MI       Kentucky
Selden          NH      Kansas

HEY, only Billy Donovan PROTECTS his state, lets rip all those coaches who can't keep them in state.

2104 Top Recruits, State, Schools

Okafor          IL         Duke
Mudiay          TX        SMU, crap he didn't pick Univ of Texas, Barnes should be canned
Johnson         CA        Arizona
Jones            MN        Duke
etc
etc
etc
etc
It's the same, every year.

You have no clue is right

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2014, 10:20:17 PM »
Wow. You must have really hated Buzz. He recruited more than 9 top 100 players who turned him down. You continually amaze with your lack of knowledge.

But maybe you're good for the board. Laughter is the best medicine and I think I'm overdosing on your posts.

Why would I hate Buzz?  He actually went out and got top 100 guys each year, unlike Martin.  I still don't understand why you support the guy with 1 miracle season.  You would dump 2.5 million on that risk? 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 10:23:16 PM »
Why would I hate Buzz?  He actually went out and got top 100 guys each year, unlike Martin.  I still don't understand why you support the guy with 1 miracle season.  You would dump 2.5 million on that risk? 

Dumb.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 10:50:31 PM »
Dumb.

Thanks for the educated response. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 10:52:02 PM »
Thanks for the educated response. 

Just like all of yours.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 11:12:52 PM »
Just like all of yours.

I've presented arguments and provided fact from sources to back up the argument.  For whatever reason, this seems to offend some.  Perhaps some people have too soft of a skin.  Nonetheless, I will continue to ask these questions as they are critical in determining the best candidate.  If anything, I like a good debate that is supported with facts and sources.  Please provide and enhance the board, rather than provide phrases..... "Just like all of yours."  I mean..... seriously.... are we in middle school?

billyjack

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2014, 11:18:02 PM »
FYI, just so you know, from what i have heard, Jalen Lindsey's father is from Rhode Island and is a great PC fan, and Jalen has a lot of extended family in RI.   Also, Ed Cooley has a great relationship with his father.   All of this played a good part in the Friars' recruitment of JL.   (Also, Ed is a really good guy, charismatic, smart, and a great coach.)

I'm a Providence fan, and I want MU to get a good hire, and after reading through the many threads I really have no clue which candidate would be best.   I will say that it seems like there's no wrong answer really... Cuonzo, Howland and Wojo would all be good gets.    I have no idea on the other longshots like Wardle, etc.
Providence

brandx

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 11:20:10 PM »
I've presented arguments and provided fact from sources to back up the argument.  For whatever reason, this seems to offend some.  Perhaps some people have too soft of a skin.  Nonetheless, I will continue to ask these questions as they are critical in determining the best candidate.  If anything, I like a good debate that is supported with facts and sources.  Please provide and enhance the board, rather than provide phrases..... "Just like all of yours."  I mean..... seriously.... are we in middle school?

Yeah, continue to think you have a role in all of this. First, you "demand" and now this. But, go ahead and determine all you want.

NivTastic

• Walk-On
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2014, 11:22:19 PM »
FYI, just so you know, from what i have heard, Jalen Lindsey's father is from Rhode Island and is a great PC fan, and Jalen has a lot of extended family in RI.   Also, Ed Cooley has a great relationship with his father.   All of this played a good part in the Friars' recruitment of JL.   (Also, Ed is a really good guy, charismatic, smart, and a great coach.)

I'm a Providence fan, and I want MU to get a good hire, and after reading through the many threads I really have no clue which candidate would be best.   I will say that it seems like there's no wrong answer really... Cuonzo, Howland and Wojo would all be good gets.    I have no idea on the other longshots like Wardle, etc.

Respect the process Billy (insert real here). At this point expect exact opposite of what scoop insiders have to say. 

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2014, 11:25:51 PM »
Yeah, continue to think you have a role in all of this. First, you "demand" and now this. But, go ahead and determine all you want.

What does "my demand" have to do with anything?  It was humor and people said they laughed.  Mission accomplished. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2014, 11:32:10 PM »
Let the TN guy respond to this. You obviously no nothing about TN geography. Memphis is not a recruiting hotbed for UT, especially in basketball.  Memphis and Knoxville are about 6 hours apart. Memphis has a good basketball program IN THE SAME CITY, Oxford is about an hour away, Mizzou about 3 hours away, Miss St. about 3 hours, Vandy 3 hours, etc. The point being that there are a lot of good schools a lot closer than Knoxville and it's not as simple as being in the same state.

Well, by that line of reasoning no Milwaukee kid should go anywhere but Marquette...

Death on call

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 11:34:06 PM »

I don't know why I bother but...

Your facts and sources don't support the logical leap you make with your arguments.

Martin didn't get any recruits from Tennessee in 2014 - Therefore Martin will not be able to get recruits from Wisconsin at MU.

Do you not see the logical breakdown of this argument?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 11:35:32 PM »
I don't know why I bother but...

Your facts and sources don't support the logical leap you make with your arguments.

Martin didn't get any recruits from Tennessee in 2014 - Therefore Martin will not be able to get recruits from Wisconsin at MU.

Do you not see the logical breakdown of this argument?

This is all mental masturbation. Anyone who reads haiku knows the man isn't headed to MU.

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 11:39:11 PM »
This is all mental masturbation. Anyone who reads haiku knows the man isn't headed to MU.

That's all some of the old guys have left.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 11:42:05 PM »
How'd Buzz do at "protecting the state"?

Who?

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2014, 11:43:43 PM »

That's all some of the old guys have left.

reading haiku?

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 11:44:43 PM »
reading haiku?

Mental masturbation.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 11:51:24 PM »
Mental masturbation.

I know. I was just funnin' ya x!

Mental masturbation got Jimmy Carter elected, mind you. (pun)

Death on call