[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Of all the emails I sent, only one person responded to me  (Read 7289 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Of all the emails I sent, only one person responded to me
« on: March 28, 2012, 12:32:34 AM »

Coach Buzz Williams. The newbies at the top have been silent. That speaks volumes to me.

Folks, we were heard loud and clear. 

Coach was very touched by the support.

Yeah for us and Marquette University!

jpvegas

• Walk-On
Re: Of all the emails I sent, only one person responded to me
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:34:22 AM »
Same with me.  Got a response from Buzz tonight which was impressive considering all that is going on

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 12:47:42 AM »
Same with me.  Got a response from Buzz tonight which was impressive considering all that is going on

we have our answer

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:48:34 AM »
I sent a note about an hour ago, telling him I was glad he was our coach.  I got a reply within 15 minutes, so I'm assuming it's an autoresponse.  But still, a really nice gesture, and something he didn't have to do.  No replies from the other two to notes I sent yesterday.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 12:59:04 AM »
Coach Buzz Williams. The newbies at the top have been silent. That speaks volumes to me.

Folks, we were heard loud and clear. 

Coach was very touched by the support.

Yeah for us and Marquette University!

For one last time can you share the e-mail address you used for Buzz?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 01:10:00 AM »

brent.williams@marquette.edu

Be sure to mention you know Chicos

mufansince72

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 01:10:40 AM »
brent.williams@marquette.edu

Blackhat

• All American

UticaBusBarn

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 05:18:59 AM »
It does not surprise this observer that Coach Williams was the only one who responded. It would appear the he is the only one who understands personal relationships and loyalty. In short, he is the only one of the three that "gets it."

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 07:04:03 AM »
I was amazed to get a response...not just a "hey thanks for the note."

He really is a special guy and the words used in his response, truly shows that Marquette is where he belongs.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 07:28:00 AM »
I sent a note about an hour ago, telling him I was glad he was our coach.  I got a reply within 15 minutes, so I'm assuming it's an autoresponse.  But still, a really nice gesture, and something he didn't have to do.  No replies from the other two to notes I sent yesterday.

Yet. Another. Self-congratulatory. "I sent an email!" Thread.  Great.

These two sentences make ZERO sense.  If it's an autoresponse, it's not a nice gesture. 

I'd prefer we have an AD and a President doing their jobs, and not bothering to respond to hysterical emails over a non-story.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 08:01:36 AM »
I received a reply as well very quickly after it was sent.   While I think it was written by Buzz, my guess is it's a canned response that is sent in reply to any positive email.  He probably has someone who does open the email and send the stock reply after seeing it's a positive email.  I wonder if everyone got the same response?  I wonder what the response would be if the email to Buzz was negative?

Either way, thanks for staying Buzz.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »
Yet. Another. Self-congratulatory. "I sent an email!" Thread.  Great.

These two sentences make ZERO sense.  If it's an autoresponse, it's not a nice gesture. 

I'd prefer we have an AD and a President doing their jobs, and not bothering to respond to hysterical emails over a non-story.

I send emails to Larry Williams after every loss to show him my displeasure and threaten to give up my season tickets.

He always responds.

Larry knows where his bread is buttered.

JimmyLikesBasketball

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 08:11:44 AM »
Why don't one of you post what you got from Buzz and we can see if it is an auto-response?

Rudy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 08:13:43 AM »
I received a nice response from Larry Williams to my email on Monday. He thanked me for my insight and sent it shortly after I emailed him.

I have to point out that I did not send him an inflammatory email. I don't want to get into the details of my email but I ended it with a request to make any decisions consistent with the core values of Marquette University and told him that the rest would take care of itself.

Bob

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 08:21:13 AM »
I received a nice response from Larry Williams to my email on Monday. He thanked me for my insight and sent it shortly after I emailed him.

I have to point out that I did not send him an inflammatory email. I don't want to get into the details of my email but I ended it with a request to make any decisions consistent with the core values of Marquette University and told him that the rest would take care of itself.

Bob

With a username like Rudy, I am sure your email to him discussed the flim and why it should be listed right up there with Shawshank as the BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »
Why don't one of you post what you got from Buzz and we can see if it is an auto-response?
Just heard back from Buzz - it's not an auto-response if it's 15min to 2 hours later you get a response. I believe Buzz reads these, but has one email response ready to go so that he doesn't have to re-type the same words again and again.

Either way it is clearly important to him that he's being responsive & accountable to the fans and supporters of the team.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 08:26:34 AM »
It does not surprise this observer that Coach Williams was the only one who responded. It would appear the he is the only one who understands personal relationships and loyalty. In short, he is the only one of the three that "gets it."

Anyone who works to preserve the core values and identity of Marquette University "gets it."

Personal relationships were important to everyone involved.

You are projecting characterizations on people that are inaccurate.
We Are Marquette

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 08:28:31 AM »
Just heard back from Buzz - it's not an auto-response if it's 15min to 2 hours later you get a response. I believe Buzz reads these, but has one email response ready to go so that he doesn't have to re-type the same words again and again.

Either way it is clearly important to him that he's being responsive & accountable to the fans and supporters of the team.

Definitely not an auto-response, it was sent from his iPad (at least mine was). The message was the same, but he's at least taking the time to open and respond to each one. Considering he probably received hundreds of emails in the past few days, that's pretty industrious.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 08:40:06 AM »
Here's the response I got:

Thank you for taking time to email. I genuinely appreciate it!

Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain and accomplish for yourself. It's really what you do for others that matter. God judges a leader not by the numbers that are led, but by the numbers that are served.

We have been a weekend shy the last two years of where we all want to be, but we will be accountable for our work, and continue to do our best to improve. The work always happens in the silence- Its found in your daily discipline. We have a lot to accomplish between now and next November.

On behalf of our entire program, we are grateful for your true support. That is one of the reasons this is a special place.

Again, I appreciate your kind words.

"The Lord Bless you and Keep you: The Lord make his face shine on you, and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Sent from my iPad
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 08:40:59 AM »
I wrote an email a couple weeks ago congratulating him on he sweet 16.

He responded from his iphone about 2 days later.

Sort of a canned style response, but still very cool that he responded. I was surprised.

The dude is very cool. I like him a lot.

With this said, I'm not sure that Buzz answering my email makes him infallible and LW and Pilarz incompetent like it is being implied.

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 08:43:14 AM »

Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain and accomplish for yourself. It's really what you do for others that matter. God judges a leader not by the numbers that are led, but by the numbers that are served.

We have been a weekend shy the last two years of where we all want to be, but we will be accountable for our work, and continue to do our best to improve. The work always happens in the silence- Its found in your daily discipline. We have a lot to accomplish between now and next November.

On behalf of our entire program, we are grateful for your true support. That is one of the reasons this is a special place.

"The Lord Bless you and Keep you: The Lord make his face shine on you, and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Sent from my iPad

same for me...

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 08:49:41 AM »
Are you guys expecting anything different? He's probably received 5000 emails in the past week.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 08:54:36 AM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

You're the best Marquette fan in the world. I look forward to your twin boys growing to be 7-feet tall and playing for me at MU in 2027. They'll surely be the Warriors' (MU will be back to Warriors by then) version of the Lopez twins, except they'll be awesome and not d-bags.

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 09:06:54 AM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

You're the best Marquette fan in the world. I look forward to your twin boys growing to be 7-feet tall and playing for me at MU in 2027. They'll surely be the Warriors' (MU will be back to Warriors by then) version of the Lopez twins, except they'll be awesome and not d-bags.

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

Same here, only he called Crean the d-bag and the Lopez twins chodes.  At least he's mixing things up.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »
Same here, only he called Crean the d-bag and the Lopez twins chodes.  At least he's mixing things up.

So, let me get this straight...in 2027 we're going to have four seven-footers?  Nice.  But, I think they'll need to be red shirted so they can develop.  Bigs take a while, you know.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

HAHAHAH thats the best thing i've read on this board in a week, classic!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 09:58:16 AM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

I smirked, and then I saw Point Plankin and promptly lost it.  Well played sir, well played

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 10:06:33 AM »

With this said, I'm not sure that Buzz answering my email makes him infallible and LW and Pilarz incompetent like it is being implied.

He isn't infallable and pilarz and williams may not be idiots, but it gives you a feeling. It is just like his quote. It makes you "feel" good. When u compare what he did vs the AD and pres, he stands out. We all like it when we get responses.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »

Sent from my iPad

I received the same one.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 11:02:40 AM »
So, let me get this straight...in 2027 we're going to have four seven-footers?  Nice.  But, I think they'll need to be red shirted so they can develop.  Bigs take a while, you know.

Not if you have four of them.  Ever played keep away with a 5 year old?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »
He isn't infallable and pilarz and williams may not be idiots, but it gives you a feeling. It is just like his quote. It makes you "feel" good. When u compare what he did vs the AD and pres, he stands out. We all like it when we get responses.

No arguing that. I liked getting an email back from Buzz a couple weeks ago, it was a nice surprise.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 01:52:47 PM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

SHEESH!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
Are you guys expecting anything different? He's probably received 5000 emails in the past week.

My email from Buzz arrived today and included everything in the mass email plus a personalied paragraph that made it very clear he had read and appreciated my email. Gratifying but not surprising.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

That was awesome, well done!

feedback