Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Of all the emails I sent, only one person responded to me  (Read 7297 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Of all the emails I sent, only one person responded to me
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »
Same here, only he called Crean the d-bag and the Lopez twins chodes.  At least he's mixing things up.

So, let me get this straight...in 2027 we're going to have four seven-footers?  Nice.  But, I think they'll need to be red shirted so they can develop.  Bigs take a while, you know.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

You're the best Marquette fan in the world. I look forward to your twin boys growing to be 7-feet tall and playing for me at MU in 2027. They'll surely be the Warriors' (MU will be back to Warriors by then) version of the Lopez twins, except they'll be awesome and not d-bags.

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

HAHAHAH thats the best thing i've read on this board in a week, classic!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 09:58:16 AM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

You're the best Marquette fan in the world. I look forward to your twin boys growing to be 7-feet tall and playing for me at MU in 2027. They'll surely be the Warriors' (MU will be back to Warriors by then) version of the Lopez twins, except they'll be awesome and not d-bags.

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

I smirked, and then I saw Point Plankin and promptly lost it.  Well played sir, well played

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 10:06:33 AM »

With this said, I'm not sure that Buzz answering my email makes him infallible and LW and Pilarz incompetent like it is being implied.

He isn't infallable and pilarz and williams may not be idiots, but it gives you a feeling. It is just like his quote. It makes you "feel" good. When u compare what he did vs the AD and pres, he stands out. We all like it when we get responses.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »
Here's the response I got:

Thank you for taking time to email. I genuinely appreciate it!

Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain and accomplish for yourself. It's really what you do for others that matter. God judges a leader not by the numbers that are led, but by the numbers that are served.

We have been a weekend shy the last two years of where we all want to be, but we will be accountable for our work, and continue to do our best to improve. The work always happens in the silence- Its found in your daily discipline. We have a lot to accomplish between now and next November.

On behalf of our entire program, we are grateful for your true support. That is one of the reasons this is a special place.

Again, I appreciate your kind words.

"The Lord Bless you and Keep you: The Lord make his face shine on you, and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Sent from my iPad

I received the same one.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 11:02:40 AM »
So, let me get this straight...in 2027 we're going to have four seven-footers?  Nice.  But, I think they'll need to be red shirted so they can develop.  Bigs take a while, you know.

Not if you have four of them.  Ever played keep away with a 5 year old?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »
He isn't infallable and pilarz and williams may not be idiots, but it gives you a feeling. It is just like his quote. It makes you "feel" good. When u compare what he did vs the AD and pres, he stands out. We all like it when we get responses.

No arguing that. I liked getting an email back from Buzz a couple weeks ago, it was a nice surprise.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 01:52:47 PM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

SHEESH!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
Are you guys expecting anything different? He's probably received 5000 emails in the past week.

My email from Buzz arrived today and included everything in the mass email plus a personalied paragraph that made it very clear he had read and appreciated my email. Gratifying but not surprising.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »
Interesting. Mine said:

Hey MerrittsMustache!

Point plankn,
Buzz

PS - Crean's a chode.

Sent from my iPad

That was awesome, well done!